Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

lambert last night

sat behind dugout last night and was very interested in lambert and how he did things. he didnt appear to be impressed at all with Maric as he was cursing about him a lot and whalley he wasnt overly happy with either by the sounds of it. other than that he seems like he has some good ideas, liked the fact that he gave the younger players lots of support and encouragement. Culverhouse also impressed me as he was constantly organising the back four, something which imo we need badly. just thought id share that with you all

It''s always interesting to watch a manager during a game, I suppose it''s one of the few ways to ever know what they really think.

I wonder what Maric''s future holds if he didn''t impress last night judging by what you said, although he did get the assist for Martin''s goal.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

It''s always interesting to watch a manager during a game, I suppose it''s one of the few ways to ever know what they really think.

I wonder what Maric''s future holds if he didn''t impress last night judging by what you said, although he did get the assist for Martin''s goal.

[/quote]

Yeah - but he still managed to mess that up. Was an awful pass considering how simple it was to pull off. He made Martin stop his run and come back on himself as the ball was behind him.

I sat behind him too, I noticed that he was very vocal with Maric, I dont think this helped him much... it may be a good thing that he doesnt understand everything he said :)

I dont think I ever saw either of them on the bench, always giving out instrustions, which is great I think, how it should be! Although if the players did it automatically, it would help

Another observation was that McNally was sitting with all the ''other'' players in the Director''s box, getting very pally with WLY in fact!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Jonzey"]

[/quote]

Yeah - but he still managed to mess that up. Was an awful pass considering how simple it was to pull off. He made Martin stop his run and come back on himself as the ball was behind him.

[/quote]

Fair point! Seemed half decent in pre season Maric, now he''s signed I haven''t heard a good word about him! A bad signing then? Or still learning?

I understand his accent very well thank you. That really is a ridiculous statement quite honestly and as a Scotsman myself I find it rather insulting. It''s hardly as if the Norfolk accent is the most concise in the country is it?!

I don''t care what he sounds like as long as he has a good tactical brain.

[quote user="canaryjock"]

I understand his accent very well thank you. That really is a ridiculous statement quite honestly and as a Scotsman myself I find it rather insulting. It''s hardly as if the Norfolk accent is the most concise in the country is it?!

[/quote]

It''s not so much his accent, which you have to admit is quite strong, but the fact he also mumbles; the two combined do make him rather difficult to comprehend at times.

[/quote]Agreed. Sadly anyone scottish is labeled as uninterpretable. I can understand every word Lambert says. The norfolk accent is equally as bad when it comes to understanding. Listen to some old boys, proper narrfolk farmers, youll have no idea (wait now for a proper old boy narrfolk farmer to find it rather insulting).

[/quote]

Well I can hardly understand the Jock at all..... Many too have commented on this.

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Jonzey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair point! Seemed half decent in pre season Maric, now he''s signed I haven''t heard a good word about him! A bad signing then? Or still learning?

[/quote]

Bad Signing. Was at the game last night - he was terrible. Honestly, one of the slowest players i have ever seen.

[quote user="Barclayman your Carrow Road SuperHero"][quote user="canaryjock"]

[/quote]

Agreed. Sadly anyone scottish is labeled as uninterpretable. I can understand every word Lambert says. The norfolk accent is equally as bad when it comes to understanding. Listen to some old boys, proper narrfolk farmers, youll have no idea (wait now for a proper old boy narrfolk farmer to find it rather insulting).
[/quote]

I am Norfolk born & bread but find it hard to understand the old dying out Norfolk accent! But it is slowly disappearing whereas the Scottish accent is hard to understand at times & will always be there. Kenny Dalglish doesn''t speak English half the time I swear!!

[/quote]CJ - it is not ridiculous at all. If you are a Scot then of course you will not find him difficult to understand. As an old Norfolk boy living outside the county I can understand the strong dialect and the accent of most old locals - but my family, having never lived there, cannot. I find the east coast Scottish accent is much easier than the west and the softly spoken Lambert pleasant to listen to - but not always easy to follow. However Grant was almost unintelligible - though I am sure most Glaswegians would have found him OK. You ken?

Of course you understand him!Can you understand the Indian call centre workers you speak to 100% of the time?  No thought not.Nothing racist, its just what you are used to FFS.

[/quote]

[quote user="B-ru"]

... it may be a good thing that he doesnt understand everything he said

[/quote]I think most of the team will struggle to understand what he is saying.It''s no use our porridge guzzling cousins getting all defensive and having a go at the Norfolk accent. It is not a Norfolk accent that the players are expected to understand. If someone is trying to communicate with someone I would suggest they should have a good command of pronounciation - that would also count if it was a Norfolk or Scots accent in dispute (incidentally I watched a bit of Taggart once and I thought a crime had been committed by somebody being covered in wet soil...................... mudder. Turns out it was murder).Language aside it will be interesting to see how Jock McLambert deals with those that appear not up to it or unwanted. Whether he will bring Hoolahoop and Maric back into the fold after a bit or work on their game or noy and what will he do with dear old Doc (the latter would fit in with Boothroyd''s hoofball at Colchester I think).I expect a few young uns out on loan next week and some money spent on elocution lessons or a tartan translater for Jock McLambert.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="B-ru"]

Glenn Foy - We Love You...

Get it now?

[/quote]

No ? [:P]

[/quote]

are you too young to have been to a game when Paul McVeigh played for us (prior to his return spell)?

[/quote]A''m sorry, a''m sure he didnae mean tae offend ye. A''m sure ower time he''ll ken whit Lambert is saying.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="B-ru"]

... it may be a good thing that he doesnt understand everything he said

[/quote]I think most of the team will struggle to understand what he is saying.It''s no use our porridge guzzling cousins getting all defensive and having a go at the Norfolk accent. It is not a Norfolk accent that the players are expected to understand. If someone is trying to communicate with someone I would suggest they should have a good command of pronounciation - that would also count if it was a Norfolk or Scots accent in dispute (incidentally I watched a bit of Taggart once and I thought a crime had been committed by somebody being covered in wet soil...................... mudder. Turns out it was murder.[/quote]I think you are NFN.

I''m reserving my judgement on Maric. Yes he looked poor yesterday, but that could be expected when he hasnt played in nearly a month.. A good squad player i think he could be. Good cover for Grant

I have no trouble understanding him, likewise I have no trouble understanding the odd man I work with at my summer job that seems to think the world is contained with the EDP.

Then again, I have grown up in East Anglia with my Scottish father and Somerset-born mother... apparently that helps.

[quote user="baldyboy"]sat behind dugout last night and was very interested in lambert and how he did things. he didnt appear to be impressed at all with Maric as he was cursing about him a lot and whalley he wasnt overly happy with either by the sounds of it. other than that he seems like he has some good ideas, liked the fact that he gave the younger players lots of support and encouragement. Culverhouse also impressed me as he was constantly organising the back four, something which imo we need badly. just thought id share that with you all[/quote]

Thought Culverhouse did an excellent job here too - I could hear his instructions in the Jarrold - and boy did they need them..