Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Most Boring Game Ive Ever Seen?

In all my years am I the only one who thinks todays game rates up there with the most boring game they have ever seen NCFC play? Hoof pass header hoof and hoof some more.

Boring.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sort it out Lambert!!!

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

In all my years am I the only one who thinks todays game rates up there with the most boring game they have ever seen NCFC play? Hoof pass header hoof and hoof some more.

Sort it out Lambert!!!

[/quote]

Have to agree totally with you.  In fact a guy two rows back from us in the LB actually dropped off lol

Sort it out Lambert!!!

[/quote]

admittedly not good Arthur but come on, you and me have seen plenty of games equally as poor.

I recall a lot of games during the 60''s of a similar nature but I suppose Billy Punton did occasionally liven things up.

However I do agree that it was very similar to the Kick and rush of the old 3rd division.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

Sort it out Lambert!!!

[/quote]

admittedly not good Arthur but come on, you and me have seen plenty of games equally as poor.

I recall a lot of games during the 60''s of a similar nature but I suppose Billy Punton did occasionally liven things up.

However I do agree that it was very similar to the Kick and rush of the old 3rd division.

[/quote]

I have seen some bore mate, but there has always been some sort of spark, today was just hoof hoof hoof, not what you expect from Norwich. If thats how Lambert wants them to play we would have been better off with Boothroyd.

I totally agree, today was right up there with the most boring games I have ever had the misfortune to watch. It was calling out for that little bit of magic that only the likes of Hucks or Hoolahan can produce. The term bore draw was invented for games like this!!

Boredom got the better of me at half time (obviously due to the lack of the crossbar challenge) and I did actually drop off and it was admittedly a struggle to stay awake during the second half.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

Sort it out Lambert!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have seen some bore mate, but there has always been some sort of spark, today was just hoof hoof hoof, not what you expect from Norwich. If thats how Lambert wants them to play we would have been better off with Boothroyd.

[/quote]

I am hoping that this is not the way Lambert wants to play Arthur.

I think he is being restricted because he wants to get some of the big earners off the Payroll. (Russell, Doc, Hoolahan). Lambert was a decent player himself and knows how the game should be played but he is just trying to get the best out of a very mediocre lot.

The one thing that today made plain for me was that any hopes of promotion this year are pie in the sky. At present I can''t see anything better than a halfway finish........but I continue to live in hope.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

Sort it out Lambert!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he is being restricted because he wants to get some of the big earners off the Payroll. (Russell, Doc, Hoolahan). Lambert was a decent player himself and knows how the game should be played but he is just trying to get the best out of a very mediocre lot.

The one thing that today made plain for me was that any hopes of promotion this year are pie in the sky. At present I can''t see anything better than a halfway finish........but I continue to live in hope.

[/quote]

I agree, on todays performence promotion is just a dream.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

Sort it out Lambert!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ironically we didn''t see any hoofball at Southampton - great gutsy performance with 10 men for an hour (and the skipper stretchered off).  Possibly not this season but think Boothroyd could turn us round and certainly if he can get that committment each week it will be worth watching for the supporters.

Well if the milk sours we will come back down and raid Shed road or wherever you guys call home.We might need another manager if some posters get their way already !!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Well if the milk sours we will come back down and raid Shed road or wherever you guys call home.

We might need another manager if some posters get their way already !!
[/quote]

I didnt say I wanted Lambert out, I was just a bit shocked by his hoofball tactics after the flowing attacking football we had seen in previous games.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Well if the milk sours we will come back down and raid Shed road or wherever you guys call home.We might need another manager if some posters get their way already !![/quote]

I didnt say I wanted Lambert out, I was just a bit shocked by his hoofball tactics after the flowing attacking football we had seen in previous games.

[/quote]Maybe just maybe we had to resort to ''hoofball'' because Walsall sat behind the damn ball for 90 mins!

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Well if the milk sours we will come back down and raid Shed road or wherever you guys call home.

We might need another manager if some posters get their way already !!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe just maybe we had to resort to ''hoofball'' because Walsall sat behind the damn ball for 90 mins!
[/quote]

Then why did we play hoofball from kick off?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

Sort it out Lambert!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL, Lambert has been here 5 mins and already the defence looks organised. Give the man a chance. Norwich City managers job is the toughest job in the world! A half way finish would be an achievement given our recent demise. Stablising a sinking ship is only the beggining. In time Lambert will turns things round.

Sort it out Lambert!!!

[/quote]grants last game away at qpr?

The defence does look more organised but i will be a tad annoyed if the tactics used today carry on. Its ok having a organised defence but the fact is you need to score more than the other team to win.

[quote user="big dick sanchez"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

Sort it out Lambert!!!

[/quote]

grants last game away at qpr?
[/quote]

It was worse in my opinion even though we drew. Walsall were shockingly bad and we did naff all to exploit that.

Norwich v Port Vale, 1998ish - we won 1-0, Fleck goal 2nd half but it was the most turgid game of "football" ever to be seen with my own eyes.Unless we''re talking TV football, in which case Leicester v Everton, Premiership about 1999 would do it.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]The defence does look more organised but i will be a tad annoyed if the tactics used today carry on. Its ok having a organised defence but the fact is you need to score more than the other team to win.[/quote]

Lambert inherited a team with no defencive awareness what so ever! I dont even want to think about what Gunn was teaching these guys pre season. lambert is clearly telling his team that defence is priority, fair play to him. And Lambert obviously though the hoof ball tactic would work against Warsaw today, hence his team selection. He got it wrong today but lets face facts. Today was never going to be easy. We wont be seeing easy games, home or away, for a long long time. The sooner people recognise this the better.

My mother, who I sit next to, did drop off in the first half!Walsall did their homework - pushed their defence up the pitch knowing we have a slow attack - Holt and Curo.  A quicker attack would have faired better in my opinion hence my call for starting Cody over Curo.  Walsall deserved their point today and fair play to them.  It was (very) dull but to the ''established'' teams in L1, to get a dull point away to ''mightly'' Norwich is a bonus - imagine it was our away game to Man U in the prem - would we be complaining?I am not being big headed about Norwich and L1 but this was a head''s up on what teams will come and do to us on our patch - and we, as a team, need to snatch a goal in such circumstances and it may not be pretty.

[quote user="Babyface"]My mother, who I sit next to, did drop off in the first half!

Walsall did their homework - pushed their defence up the pitch knowing we have a slow attack - Holt and Curo.  A quicker attack would have faired better in my opinion hence my call for starting Cody over Curo.  Walsall deserved their point today and fair play to them.  It was (very) dull but to the ''established'' teams in L1, to get a dull point away to ''mightly'' Norwich is a bonus - imagine it was our away game to Man U in the prem - would we be complaining?

I am not being big headed about Norwich and L1 but this was a head''s up on what teams will come and do to us on our patch - and we, as a team, need to snatch a goal in such circumstances and it may not be pretty.
[/quote]

Did you happen to say to  her, "Cumfy Mum?"

Zzz. I honestly felt my self dropping off at one point. Was so sluggish. Holt was particually bad today - had Some terrble touches.

Sort it out Lambert!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmmm. Wasn''t this exactly what the Col-who bods were saying to expect from Lambert''s team. That they were often dire at home, going whole games without a shot on goal. Don''t think they''ll be much better off though under Hoof-royd.

I think people are being a bit harsh on Lambert. 7 points in 9 from last 3 games is promotion form. Furthermore, Walsall came to defend, they sat back in numbers and stopped Norwich playing... tactically they got it spot on, the only hope for us was to then resort in hoof ball, but tbh... if hoof ball is what''s needed to get out of this league... then so be it. We''re in a 9 month scrap. More incredible... people slating our defence who have kept 3 back to back clean sheets... okay we''ve not been completely convincing but it''s a brand new back 4 with rotating goalkeeper... come on! be happy we''re picking up points lol

No, but on a par with most of the Hamilton regime. We all know they can do better than this, not a lot better, but better all the same. As Chops points out, where was the desire and urgency. Sorry boys, but if you want to get out of this league then a prolonged spell of domination will do it, starting with midfield.

I don''t blame Walsall. I blame us for poor tactics and even poorer application. IF we have any thoughts towards getting out of this league then we have to do better. Bright spots - Grant Holt tried harder than most and Cody when he came on at least looked like he wanted to compete. Aside from that, very, very poor.