Sign in to follow this  
Big Chief

Do we owe a debt of gratitude to the Snake Pit two?

While I do not condone their actions, or which to promote them to the position of martyrs, I cannot help wonder if much would have changed, ie any action taken, if such a show of protest had not taken place.  What these guys did was so out of character for Norwich fans, it must has raised eyebrows across and country, and I wonder if that as much as any alleged incidents at Exeter, tipped tha balance in favour of change.

Incidentally, if you don''t sit in the snake pit you won''t have seen that the two seats these gentlemen normally sit in were taped up with hazard tape.  Genius.  

absolutelywithout them our biggest home defeat would almost certainly have past by without any commentin fact until their action most people around me, myself included, thought it was just another opening match of the seasonnand I have heard nothing else since from rival fans other than " yah boo, you had two fans run on the pitch, snigger snigger "perhaps they could next do something that might point out to us all that we were relegated last season

YES !!!! Definitely...................absolutely no doubt in my mind that the actions of these two was what got us the most coverage we have had on all sports reports nationwide. This in turn I believe was the final straw for even the "lets be avin you " ....''one'' , this sort of bad publicity was more than someones ego could take. I will feel grateful to these two men , who are in fact martyrs to the cause......................banned indefinitely ? far too harsh in my opinion, and I personally think it shopuld have been for a few games , at worst for this season. 

Absolutely - they got us loads of publicity and helped bring things to a head.

Simple equation really - run on the field = putting the police in an impossible position.  What did they expect to happen?

Yeah we owe them a massive debt. I mean giving loads of bad publicity, costing the club thousands in the review we had to do, increased policing costs etc.

Soon you''ll be saying West Ham owe their fans for invading pitch because it egged them to go on and win the match.

Gunn got himself fired for being useless nothing more nothing less.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]Yeah we owe them a massive debt. I mean giving loads of bad publicity, costing the club thousands in the review we had to do, increased policing costs etc. Soon you''ll be saying West Ham owe their fans for invading pitch because it egged them to go on and win the match. Gunn got himself fired for being useless nothing more nothing less. Davo[/quote]

It accelerated the process.....of Gunn''s departure.

I think you''re being taken in by the club spin.....It''ll probably cost less than the main course freebies given to who''s who at the pre-match troughathon....Oink!

West Ham was an entirely different situation.....

If Neil Doncaster and Roger Munby were still on the club payroll.....Gunn would probably still be manager. Which in my opinion would cost the club more than two geezers flinging their tickets at Gunn.

He was useless as a manager....But no more useless than the NCFC board that appointed him and then re-appointed him.

In my opinion the punishment is not severe enough, they should have been able to go to the games but have to sit by Delia.[:D]

Dont think it accelerated anything at all, Mello.  Did Gunn get sacked because 2 fans ran on the pitch?  No.  Did Gunn get sacked because he got us relegated and lost 7-1 on the opening day?  Probably

[quote user="Big Chief"]

Incidentally, if you don''t sit in the snake pit you won''t have seen that the two seats these gentlemen normally sit in were taped up with hazard tape.  Genius.  

[/quote]

Really??  Did the club do that or the fans?  If the club it''s a spectacular og as it just serves to remind us of "absent friends".

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

And now we get to watch hoofball for 90 minutes each week. Where was Mr Lambert''s plan B? that''s presuming hoofing it wildly in Holt''s general direction counts as Plan A.

and how does this "publicity" help our football club?

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Dont think it accelerated anything at all, Mello.  Did Gunn get sacked because 2 fans ran on the pitch?  No.  Did Gunn get sacked because he got us relegated and lost 7-1 on the opening day?  Probably[/quote]

It was a ready made excuse and sufficient ammo for Mr Mac to hand Gunn his P45 ( I don''t believe that it was a unanimous decision by the board to chop Gunn).....And maybe also allow Mr Mac''s mate from his Celtic days to be employed to ''sort out the security'' at Carra Rud....Stewards on permanent sentinel duty.....but were still watching the game and and not the crowd. 

[quote user="Fuglestad"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

And now we get to watch hoofball for 90 minutes each week. Where was Mr Lambert''s plan B? that''s presuming hoofing it wildly in Holt''s general direction counts as Plan A.

and how does this "publicity" help our football club?

[/quote]

The "publicity" highlighted that our board are a bunch of chumps.....and that we''re actually, not a well-run club.

Another thread about the 2 idiots, why??  Anyone who thinks that these 2 morons had anything to do with Gunn being sacked is seriously deluded.  As for owing them anything, you cannot be serious. And as for city 1st who wrote

without them our biggest home defeat would almost certainly have past by without any comment
in fact until their action most people around me, myself included, thought it was just another opening match of the season

You seem to be more deluded than most.  We had all the publicity because we were stuffed 7-1 at home by bloody Colchester!! And if you and most people around you think that was just another opening match of the season...... ????????

They got exactly what they deserved, good riddance.

What i don''t get is why these two got banned indefinately, whilst the fans that ran onto the pitch at West Ham causing riots with Millwall fans only got banned for 3 years.

Never mind, i''m not that bothered really!

NO! I''ve said it before and i''ll say it again, they cost the club to have to have more policing/security which costs the club money. I dont see much good coming out of it?

Sideshow - I think you need to look up the term ''indefinitely''.

"for an unlimited or unspecified period of time" according to my dictionary.

It could mean 1 year, 2 years or 10 years - whatever the club decides - as opposed to a "life" ban or a definite period like, say, 3 years.

It wasn''t meant to be patronising, just factual.

You said the West Ham fans ''only'' got 3 years implying that an ''indefinite'' ban was longer.

I was merely pointing out that it wasn''t necessarily the case.

[quote user="Scooby"]

Another thread about the 2 idiots, why??  Anyone who thinks that these 2 morons had anything to do with Gunn being sacked is seriously deluded.  As for owing them anything, you cannot be serious. And as for city 1st who wrote

without them our biggest home defeat would almost certainly have past by without any commentin fact until their action most people around me, myself included, thought it was just another opening match of the season

You seem to be more deluded than most.  We had all the publicity because we were stuffed 7-1 at home by bloody Colchester!! And if you and most people around you think that was just another opening match of the season...... ????????

They got exactly what they deserved, good riddance.

[/quote]whoooooooooooosh(perhaps you could look up the word sarcasm)