Sign in to follow this  
Canwebe Heroes

So should we have any sympathy for Gunn

He took over the job with-A disfunctional BoardThree previous failed managersA bucket load of loan playersLittle moneyA team in the middle of a relegation battleand following a good win as caretaker that gave him false hopeSo should we have any sympathy???

[quote]He took over the job with-A disfunctional BoardThree previous failed managersA bucket load of loan playersLittle moneyA team in the middle of a relegation battleand following a good win as caretaker that gave him false hopeSo should we have any sympathy??? [/quote]He tried and he failed. Miserably. Time to move on with a real manager.

I''m sure there''s not a single Norwich who didn''t want him to succeed, it would have been fantastic, but sadly he just wasn''t up to the task. A step too far, let''s hope his dignity willl not be shattered.

Yeah But You Have To Admit The Timing Of When They Fired Him Was Pretty Harsh. He''s Away In Exeter And Its The Day Before A Game!

And it must have been tough doing that job on whatever his wages were... and the pay-off he will have accepted for his contract being terminated... my heart bleeds for him.

I do yes. Not upto the task i agree but a true gent and a true City Legend. Hope he will remebered for his time between the sticks not the thankless task of taking over from Rodent.

Of course you feel sorry for him, when he came in he had a rubbish board, no real players, the players he did have didn''t want to be here and were counting down the days until they could return to there Prem clubs. He gets in his own players, moves us through a un-defeated pre-season with some impressive victories, loses one game in bad fashion thanks to player errors, a game that was a complete freak result, and then we win 4-0 and he is fired. The board is as big a joke now after this decision as it was before. The grass is not always greener, and some people on here calling for his head will come to realise that I fear. Either do it after Saturday or do it after tomorrow, Don''t do it around 16 hours before kick-off.

I do, in that it should have happened after the Colchester debacle - there''s more to this..................... I''m sure we''ll find out more before too long

[quote user="JTG"][quote]He took over the job with-

A disfunctional Board

Three previous failed managers

A bucket load of loan players

Little money

A team in the middle of a relegation battle

and following a good win as caretaker that gave him false hope

So should we have any sympathy???
[/quote]

He tried and he failed. Miserably. Time to move on with a real manager.
[/quote]

What REAL MANAGER is going to want to come anywhere near Carrow Road and work for Smith & Jones and Co?

Honestly, do you live in cloudcuckooland all of your life??? [:$]

I''m glad he''s gone but yes, I do have sympathy for him. He was unqualified for the job, but you can''t blame him for taking it, can you? Who offered him the job in the first place? Blame them.

Don''t know whether I should have sympathy or not, but I do anyway.  What a way for his association with the club to end. 

There was something very sad about his comment last Saturday about Delia giving him a hug, as though he thought it meant his job was secure.  

He shouldn''t have been sacked . . . because he shouldn''t have been given the job in the first place. 

D&M are no more fit to run a football club than Bryan Gunn is to be a manager, but unfortunately no one can sack them.

Yes. I think it was probably the right decision for him to go, we just don''t have the time for an apprentice manager, but I feel quite sad - very different from when Roeder went.

Best wishes Gunny.

I feel the timing and nature of his sacking seems shabby - although we don''t know the full picture

No sympathy regarding the points raised by the original poster - no-one forced him to take over in January and certainly no-one forced him to apply for the permanent job.

He more than anyone knew the state of the club when he took the job

I do have sympathy becuase he had to work with complete amaueurs in Smith and Jones.He has shown himself to be committed and loyal and actually a fairly good judge of a player if you consider Cody Mac etc.Shame it came to this and I hope he cna come back to the club in an ambassadorial role. I am surprised he was not offered the option of resigning with some dignity which I guess does mean McNally really is a hard nosed B***stard (EXACTLY what our narrow minded family club needs!)

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]

I am surprised he was not offered the option of resigning with some dignity

[/quote]

Perhaps he was, and that''s why it wasn''t announced sooner.