Sign in to follow this  
gangmower

we will walk this league

I don''t think we will walk it, but we have a great chance of a top 6 if we are lucky with injuries and suspensions!

You are in for a cruel awakening.  We can do well in this league, but its not going to be easy, and anyone thinking it will is either 14 or needs their head examined.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I think it will be more of a hard slog than some might imagine. [/quote]

A very, very hard slog mate.

[/quote]

Indeed buddy, but I have a feeling the players we have will battle all the way.

[quote user="gangmower"]I think we will walk this league and at , 7-1 a fantastic bet.[/quote]

a couple of weeks ago evreyone was predicting midtable, a couple of leauge 2 signings later were gonna walk it. makes me laugh

[quote user="Big Dog "]

[quote user="gangmower"]I think we will walk this league and at , 7-1 a fantastic bet.[/quote]

Moron.

[/quote]

Ever heard of freedom of speech Stalin? [:D] 

[quote user="gangmower"]I think we will walk this league and at , 7-1 a fantastic bet.[/quote]No. No we won''t. Don''t be naive.

The truth is I don''t think any of us really know what we''ll do this season. We have been very impressive in the closed season games and we have it seems acquired some players who should be more than up to the job in this league. We also still have some players that should be very good league one players.But! friendlies are just that and can''t be used to judge exactly what things will be like in a fully competitive match.At this moment I don''t think many would be surprised if we were there or thereabouts all season, however neither would mid-table mediocrity come as a mega shock.I am more inclined to think that we will be able to challenge and am hopeful for a crack at promotion but we''ll all know a lot more after this month. With a nice home game to start and then a few road trips this month alone will give us an early indication I feel of what this squad can do.OTBC

People said this in the 05/06 season. I think we are in a much better position relatively this season, but walking the league needs a team to be really outstanding for a whole season

[quote user="gangmower"]I think we will walk this league and at , 7-1 a fantastic bet.[/quote]i dont think we will walk it....but imo we have a great chance of promotion..auto or play offs

I don''t think we''ll walk the league, I think we''ve got a good chance at winning it but it certainly won''t be a nice stroll to the finish.

I am sure that the fans of Man City, Leeds and Nottingham Forest said the same thing in previous years but isn''t nice to feel optimism for a change?. The only thing that clouds it for me is the chronic record we have against teams that were below us at the time in the cups, still we can only hope!

Despite his transfer activity you shouldn''t forget that Gunn has everything to prove. You need more than 25,000 fans and a decent looking squad to get promoted let alone ''walk'' the league you need a wily manager too.

Don''t forget Gunn inherited a team this January which had been out of the relegation places for over 12 months and despite having a transfer window he oversaw our relegation.

I need to be convinced that Gunn is good enough before I can imagine a promotion push.

I am feeling confident of a good season, but walking the league is a bit over confident I think?

[quote user="gangmower"]I think we will walk this league and at , 7-1 a fantastic bet.[/quote]Norwich 1-7 Colchester is indeed a fantastic bet, good shout.

This time last week everyone was on such a high after the Wigan game, so what the hell has gone wrong with this team?, yes I know it was only a friendly. Sh*t 1-7.[:''(]

[quote user="gangmower"]I think we will walk this league and at , 7-1 a fantastic bet.[/quote]Well the 7-1 was right in a way!!!

[quote user="gangmower"]I think we will walk this league and at , 7-1 a fantastic bet.[/quote]7-1 how ironic, PMSL !!!!!!