Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Fighting for freebies with 4th Division clubs?

21 July 2009
Lumsdon on Gunn''s list?

Norwich City could be set to swoop for former Carlisle midfielder Chris Lumsdon - and nick him from under the nose of Darlington.

The 29-year-old is a free agent after being released by the Cumbrian side and was all set to sign for the Quakers.

However, the club''s administration has reportedly held up contracts being put on the table for some of manager Colin Todd''s targets.

Former Sunderland and Barnsley man Lumsdon played in Darlington''s 7-2 pre-season home defeat to Newcastle United on Saturday, where he was said to be watched by scouts from City, their League One rivals Swindon, as well as Notts County.

He may be a bargain, an unfinished diamond. Who knows?

But the pattern of our summer recruitment appears worryingly unambitious.

But, good luck Team Gunn.

OTBC

At least there is recruitment going on, but this is a phrase I never thought I''d see:Norwich City could be set to swoop for former

Carlisle midfielder Chris Lumsdon - and nick him from under the nose of

Darlington.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

He''s 29.

You do realise the scale of rebuilding we have to do?

You are so sincere...

21 July 2009
Lumsdon on Gunn''s list?

Norwich City could be set to swoop for former Carlisle midfielder Chris Lumsdon - and nick him from under the nose of Darlington.

The 29-year-old is a free agent after being released by the Cumbrian side and was all set to sign for the Quakers.

However, the club''s administration has reportedly held up contracts being put on the table for some of manager Colin Todd''s targets.

Former Sunderland and Barnsley man Lumsdon played in Darlington''s 7-2 pre-season home defeat to Newcastle United on Saturday, where he was said to be watched by scouts from City, their League One rivals Swindon, as well as Notts County.

OTBC

[/quote]

Whenever I read yet another of your random, snide and niggling posts I find myself unerringly drawn back to the masterpiece by Salford''s greatest living poet, reproduced in full via the link below:

http://www.cyberspike.com/clarke/twat.html

Damn, foiled by the filter,so I''ll just have to do it longhand:

Like a Night Club in the morning, you’re the bitter end.
Like a recently disinfected shit-house, you’re clean round the bend.
You give me the horrors
too bad to be true
All of my tomorrow’s
are lousy coz of you.

You put the Shat in Shatter
Put the Pain in Spain
Your germs are splattered about
Your face is just a stain

You’re certainly no raver, commonly known as a drag.
Do us all a favour, here... wear this polythene bag.

You’re like a dose of scabies,
I’ve got you under my skin.
You make life a fairy tale... Grimm!

People mention murder, the moment you arrive.
I’d consider killing you if I thought you were alive.
You’ve got this slippery quality,
it makes me think of phlegm,
and a dual personality
I hate both of them.

Your bad breath, vamps disease, destruction, and decay.
Please, please, please, please, take yourself away.
Like a death a birthday party,
you ruin all the fun.
Like a sucked and spat our smartie,
you’re no use to anyone.
Like the shadow of the guillotine
on a dead consumptive’s face.
Speaking as an outsider,
what do you think of the human race

You went to a progressive psychiatrist.
He recommended suicide...
before scratching your bad name off his list,
and pointing the way outside.

You hear laughter breaking through, it makes you want to fart.
You’re heading for a breakdown,
better pull yourself apart.

Your dirty name gets passed about when something goes amiss.
Your attitudes are platitudes,
just make me wanna piss.

What kind of creature bore you
Was is some kind of bat
They can’t find a good word for you,
but I can...
TWAT.

21 July 2009
Lumsdon on Gunn''s list?

OTBC

[/quote]

lol.... just started a post.... didnt see this one!!

watch out for me to be slated!

21 July 2009
Lumsdon on Gunn''s list?

OTBC

[/quote]

They got in free... but the Boys Brigade had to pay apparently.

If he''s unfinished however at 29... he could be finally be the finished article by the time he reaches 50?

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

21 July 2009
Lumsdon on Gunn''s list?

OTBC

[/quote]

If he''s unfinished however at 29... he could be finally be the finished article by the time he reaches 50?

[/quote]

Is that how it was for you Cluck? [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Don''t hold back Beauseant, tell him what you really think! [:D][/quote]

Love it!

Modern poetry at it''s best.

Any more from that stable Beau?

I''m not sure if it''s fair to say that the signings so far are unambitious. Realistically, we are going to struggle to get players from the top two divisions to come down to League One.

Imo the players who have knowledge and experience of League One could be very valuable to us next season.

It''s also much more of a rough and tumble league than the Championship, and, I think we need to have a much bigger squad than we currently have if we are going to be competitive for the whole of the season.

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

21 July 2009
Lumsdon on Gunn''s list?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that how it was for you Cluck? [;)]

[/quote]

I was/am a child prodigy..... and I always finish when it suits me........

I''m that good at everything I do..... trust me.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Don''t hold back Beauseant, tell him what you really think! [:D][/quote]

Love it!

[/quote]

Try this. It''s from my student heyday of the late 70s, but brilliant nonetheless:

http://www.cyberspike.com/clarke/nipple.html

David Williams anyone?

£40''000, Bristol Rovers, and over 30 when we signed him. No-one had heard of him.

One of the best players to have played for us in the last 25 years or so.

These little gems are out there, we are at least looking...in anycase, with Lumsden, hasn''t he already signed for Darlington?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

Love it!

[/quote]

Try this. It''s from my student heyday of the late 70s, but brilliant nonetheless:

http://www.cyberspike.com/clarke/nipple.html

[/quote]

I always turn to Ogden Nash when I need poetic cheering up.

But I definately like your choice.[:D]

All the signings so far have been real signings, real city players. Not a loaner in sight and long may it stay so, that is unless our new chairman has his way.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST 

Watched by Notts County, eh?

That''ll be the Notts County who''ve just been taken over by Wealthy people

and are on the brink of appointing Sven Goran Eriksson as Director of Football,

They''ve got ambition and a bright future!!!

Whereas, we have...............???????

OTBC!

21 July 2009
Lumsdon on Gunn''s list?

OTBC

[/quote]

Language Timothy!

[quote user="NCFC Edward"]Does it really matter where we get our players from? As long as they play well it doesnt matter, so stop being pathetic,[/quote]

of course it matters if we are to make a genuine bid to get out of this micky mouse division, lower league rejects wont get the job done.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="NCFC Edward"]Does it really matter where we get our players from? As long as they play well it doesnt matter, so stop being pathetic,[/quote]

of course it matters if we are to make a genuine bid to get out of this micky mouse division, lower league rejects wont get the job done.

[/quote]

How do you no that? so what your saying is he cant do a job just becuase Darlington want him?

Matt Gill played in league 2 last year,

Cody Mcdonald from a lot lower league,

are you moaning about them?

[quote user="NCFC Edward"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

How do you no that? so what your saying is he cant do a job just becuase Darlington want him?

Matt Gill played in league 2 last year,

Cody Mcdonald from a lot lower league,

are you moaning about them?

[/quote]

I think the answer to your question is, "probably".

[quote user="ricky knight"]

bid to get out of this micky mouse division

[/quote]Uh-oh, here''s another one who is failing the Expectation Re-alignment Process ©.They really must have these 2009 algorithms looked at.

[quote user="Beatle"]

That''ll be the Notts County who''ve just been taken over by Wealthy people (Arabs)

Whereas, we have...............??????? No Arabs

OTBC!

[/quote]

Thank goodness the Internet was a gleam in Tim Berners-Lee''s eye when we signed Crook and Bowen from Tottenham reserves back in the day."What? Spurs reserve players?  We''ll never compete with that type of signing."Give the lad a chance before you start your carping.  Oh, sorry, it''s the Pink Un message board.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Beatle"]

That''ll be the Notts County who''ve just been taken over by Wealthy people (Arabs)

Whereas, we have...............??????? No Arabs

OTBC!

[/quote][/quote]

You cant say that as "Ricky Knight " Dont care where the money comes from, long as they spend it on city !!!!

(Which i think is wrong and not going to happen)

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Damn, foiled by the filter,so I''ll just have to do it longhand:

Like a Night Club in the morning, you’re the bitter end. Like a recently disinfected shit-house, you’re clean round the bend. You give me the horrorstoo bad to be true All of my tomorrow’sare lousy coz of you.

You put the Shat in ShatterPut the Pain in SpainYour germs are splattered aboutYour face is just a stain

You’re certainly no raver, commonly known as a drag.Do us all a favour, here... wear this polythene bag.

You’re like a dose of scabies,I’ve got you under my skin.You make life a fairy tale... Grimm!

People mention murder, the moment you arrive.I’d consider killing you if I thought you were alive.You’ve got this slippery quality,it makes me think of phlegm,and a dual personalityI hate both of them.

Your bad breath, vamps disease, destruction, and decay.Please, please, please, please, take yourself away.Like a death a birthday party,you ruin all the fun.Like a sucked and spat our smartie,you’re no use to anyone.Like the shadow of the guillotineon a dead consumptive’s face.Speaking as an outsider,what do you think of the human race

You went to a progressive psychiatrist.He recommended suicide...before scratching your bad name off his list,and pointing the way outside.

You hear laughter breaking through, it makes you want to fart.You’re heading for a breakdown,better pull yourself apart.

Your dirty name gets passed about when something goes amiss.Your attitudes are platitudes,just make me wanna piss.

What kind of creature bore youWas is some kind of batThey can’t find a good word for you,but I can... TWAT.

[/quote]I had the great good fortune to meet Mr. J. Clarke at a party in Wivenhoe (where he now lives) & chatted to him for most of the evening. Drink had been taken. He is witty, unpretentious & very, very funny; he even had the grace to laugh at a joke I made about the possibility of screwing two loose women together. One of life''s good guys.And the poem just about sums up my feelings too .....