Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

700k for Clingan

also says in people coventry bid 700k but Clingan wants to go to Leicester.

I am very pissed off if we have accepted that bid, he is worth double that.

[quote user="ncfclad"]also says in people coventry bid 700k but Clingan wants to go to Leicester.

I am very pissed off if we have accepted that bid, he is worth double that.[/quote]

WOOHOO!! Come to Leicester Clingan, we''l look after you! £700k would be an absolute steal!

Do players leave League One for seven-figure sums? I expect little more than a £700k profit on a player that featured in most of Norwich City''s season of relegation.

Im happy with £700k.

Can get 2-3 decent players with that at our level.

Hes nothing special, he stood out in a very poor team last season.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Do players leave League One for seven-figure sums?

[/quote]

It doesnt matter, we are stupid letting him go for peanuts, personally i wouldnt accept anything less than £2m but cus of being in league one i would go down to £1.25m-1.5m

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Do players leave League One for seven-figure sums? [/quote]

Hume - Barnsley - 1.2m

McAuley - ipswich - 1.1m+

Stearman - Wolves - 1.3m

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Do players leave League One for seven-figure sums? [/quote] Hume - Barnsley - 1.2m McAuley - ipswich - 1.1m+ Stearman - Wolves - 1.3m[/quote]

Good shout. Sadly for us, Norwich City are mugs in the transfer market.

£1m and we should bite their hands off. 700k and a decent sell on clause would be about right. Nobody in their right minds would pay £2m for Clingan. Tidy player but nothing most Championship clubs don''t already have, or could aquire.

Paul Parry and 700k would do for me.

We got him on a free, so we have done well out of the deal.

But with selling any player, it''s not really how much we get for him or is more to do with who we buy, how good they are, are they a suitable replacement and will we get a good deal. Of late, the answer to all those is no.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Do players leave League One for seven-figure sums? I expect little more than a £700k profit on a player that featured in most of Norwich City''s season of relegation.

[/quote]I''m sure Jermaine Beckford and Fabian Delph will.Simon Cox left for a seven figure sum.Yes they do?700k for Clingan, one of the few players who could actually take decent set pieces. Then we can use the mighty 700k to by stars such as Alan Lee or Liam Dickinson.

If we swap the Parry and Clingfilm, will we not have to pay tax? Surely the 15% would work out expensive. Who is good with the finacial side, Tang, where are ya?

He cost nothing.He is the kind of player who can be the difference between going up and staying down.Risk keeping him for the season and loosing him for nothing at the end of the year- it will not have cost us other than wages.We will not win a single point in League 1 because of being Norwich City. We will if we put out a Norwich City level team. Last year Clingan was one of the few who lived up to our expectations of what a City player is... think about it- many have even lowered their expectations to accept McDonald as a star player after he ran around for a couple of games and scored a goal.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]He cost nothing.He is the kind of player who can be the difference between going up and staying down.Risk keeping him for the season and loosing him for nothing at the end of the year- it will not have cost us other than wages.We will not win a single point in League 1 because of being Norwich City. We will if we put out a Norwich City level team. Last year Clingan was one of the few who lived up to our expectations of what a City player is... think about it- many have even lowered their expectations to accept McDonald as a star player after he ran around for a couple of games and scored a goal.[/quote]Or sell him and use the money to sign players capable of also being the difference and actually want to be here. What''s the point in forcing players who don''t want to be here to stay? It just disrupts the harmony at the club and doesn''t exactly motivate these players to continue to putting in the performances does it?

Clingan i OK, but he is not the key player a lot of people seem to think he is. Totally unproven outside of league one and he was hardly a leader was he?

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]He cost nothing.
He is the kind of player who can be the difference between going up and staying down.
Risk keeping him for the season and loosing him for nothing at the end of the year- it will not have cost us other than wages.

We will not win a single point in League 1 because of being Norwich City. We will if we put out a Norwich City level team. Last year Clingan was one of the few who lived up to our expectations of what a City player is... think about it- many have even lowered their expectations to accept McDonald as a star player after he ran around for a couple of games and scored a goal.
[/quote]

but not the kind of player that is the difference between staying up or going down?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]He cost nothing.He is the kind of player who can be the difference between going up and staying down.Risk keeping him for the season and loosing him for nothing at the end of the year- it will not have cost us other than wages.We will not win a single point in League 1 because of being Norwich City. We will if we put out a Norwich City level team. Last year Clingan was one of the few who lived up to our expectations of what a City player is... think about it- many have even lowered their expectations to accept McDonald as a star player after he ran around for a couple of games and scored a goal.[/quote]

but not the kind of player that is the difference between staying up or going down?

[/quote]Not a league above, no. In League 1 he is head and shoulders above.

[quote user="TheCardinal"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"]He cost nothing.He is the kind of player who can be the difference between going up and staying down.Risk keeping him for the season and loosing him for nothing at the end of the year- it will not have cost us other than wages.We will not win a single point in League 1 because of being Norwich City. We will if we put out a Norwich City level team. Last year Clingan was one of the few who lived up to our expectations of what a City player is... think about it- many have even lowered their expectations to accept McDonald as a star player after he ran around for a couple of games and scored a goal.[/quote]Or sell him and use the money to sign players capable of also being the difference and actually want to be here. What''s the point in forcing players who don''t want to be here to stay? It just disrupts the harmony at the club and doesn''t exactly motivate these players to continue to putting in the performances does it?[/quote]You will not get enough money selling a player aout of this league with a recent relegation CV to replace him with anyone of the same quality even if you could attract them to the club.A managers job is to deal with the sulks and stop them- the harmony etc etc is a crap excuse. Ferguson got 2 very good Man Utd seasons with Ronaldo wanting away because he dealt with the problem.People complain about ''nice'' Norwich but don''t think it''s a good idea to sit a player down and explain how they will be seeing out their contract as it is the best option for the club. There is no need to hide the motivation from the player- and the reward for good performances and loyalty will be the oportunity to sign for whoever they like at the end of that season- including us.A club like Norwich City cannot only have the players who want to be there. Chelsea, Real Madrid, Liverpool etc sure... but not NCFC- we need profesionals who are happy to use us as a stepping stone as well, and those players need to be used by us too.

If we are only asking 700k for Sammy then we should pack up now!!! Sorry but imo we should get at least double that,Fulham wanted to pay £3 million in January according to Sky and the papers,£1.5 million for Sammy and £700k for Russell and i''d be happy, and we should then spend it on goal scorers!!!!

Why do we always sell on the cheap?!?!?!?!?!

[:P][quote user="PhatCanary"]

If we are only asking 700k for Sammy then we should pack up now!!! Sorry but imo we should get at least double that,Fulham wanted to pay £3 million in January according to Sky and the papers,£1.5 million for Sammy and £700k for Russell and i''d be happy, and we should then spend it on goal scorers!!!!

[/quote]

700k for Russell, what are you on?

We have sold out too often, however i think we seem to be sticking on deals a lot more this season, until it is good for us. Previsouly we would of just agreed to what Derby and Palace want for thier players.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][:P][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

700k for Russell, what are you on?

We have sold out too often, however i think we seem to be sticking on deals a lot more this season, until it is good for us. Previsouly we would of just agreed to what Derby and Palace want for thier players.

[/quote]

I''m on nothing mate!!!We could easily get that for Russell but as usual the club and some fans will happily accept cheap sales!!!

I happen to know that Cardiff are offering over 1 million albeit including many add ons. They are also offering payment in installments not one lump sum. I have no idea how keen he is on them, but I know they are keen on him. No idea about the Paul Parry link though. I do think that he is being singled out as a bad apple in the barrel at Cardiff though! It may make sense then.

[quote user="colneycanary"]If 700k is all Clingan is worth, i''d rather we keep him![/quote]

If he had 2 years left then yes............

But basically with 1 year left and then he walks on a free we would be paying over 1.1 million for 1 year.

Thats exactly the same reason why Leeds are willing to let Beckford go.

They would keep him if he was willing to sign a long term contract.

Without it they are better off selling him now rather than letting him walk in a year.