Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Put your questions to Stephan Phillips

With last years player budget being wasted on 16 loan players, how do you intend to use the player budget this season, are there any strikers and a goalkeeper in the pipeline, will you be more open with the fans with transfer dealings this season and not keep us in the dark? I feel that we need a 6ft+ striker, goalkeeper (to replace Marshall), right sided winger (to replace Croft) and back-up for the right-back and right sided winger positions as we are bare down the right-hand side of our team. Glad to see our new chairman has made promotion his target. Please get Huckerby back

[quote user="singing canary"]i should imagine this has been heavily talked about but the fans as per normal dont know nothing .. or told it should i say .[/quote]

If the fans don''t know nothing, therefore they must know something[:^)]

How much salary/wage/dividend (whatever name is given to it), does each board member draw from the club per year?  I am not after names and salaries, as I know this may be classed as ''sensitive'' or ''confidential''.  But if you could tell us please the total amount in £''s and also break this down for e.g. board member a receives, board member b receives etc.

If you are unable to tell us this, can you please tell us why you cannot tell us?

Thank you

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"]

[quote user="LQ"]How does it feel, despite your statement in the press, to have your integrity questioned?

[/quote]

You really are the last word on patronising LQ. Do you seriously believe that a senior figure within Archant would not expect issues of journalistic integrity to arise if he joined the board of a business on which his paper reports on a daily basis?

Give me strength.

[/quote]

It''s not patronising at all. I''m interested in the answer because I once questioned the integrity of an Archant employee and was come down on like a ton of bricks.

[/quote]

It''s just a pity they missed you........

What on earth possessed you to think you could get away with this one?

As a fan it all stinks to high heaven and simply shows that every last one of you are totally oblivious to the lack of faith and trust the people of Norfolk have in this once proud club.

Do the right thing and withdraw your name from the list in order to show just a little bit of understanding......

[quote user="Barbie"]

Pete

Should we just pull the plug on the board till the season starts?

[/quote]

Barbie doll, the only important plug being pulled is the one the fans may pull on THE Board. Now, get back to your clerical duties.

Mr. Phillips, it is clear due to your new role at NCFC and the initiation of this thread that you wish to get your relationship with the fans off to a good start by being seen to be open and candid. In that regard, did Alan Bowkett approach you with respect to taking a role on the Norwich board and, if so, what did Mr. Bowkett suggest you could offer to the club given your role at Archant?

Do you own any shares, if not how will that affect your vote on the board bearing in mind that Delia& Michael hold 62%?

You were very vocal in removing the previous people, what had they done wrong in your eyes?

Mr Phillips Before you agreed to join the board you must have had meetings with what''s left of the old board and if you didn''t bring up Mr Cullums offer to give the club £20m you are not the type of board member we want. So I would image it was discussed. I understand you cant give out any details on why his offer was refused but would you have accepted it or even given it more thought than the board at the time?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

As much as i understand how important it is to gage opinion from the ''street'' IMO this is the only reason you have been invited on the Board. Is this true? And if not what other qualities will you bring to the club because our main priority must be Investment and you''ve stated that you will not be investing.

Two questions on the same theme.

None of the other 91 clubs in the Premiership, Championship or Football League have the Managing Director of their local newspaper on the board of directors. Why does he think that is?

No Managing Director of a local newspaper has chosen to accept a seat on the board of the local football club. Why does he think that is?

Given that, with all due respect, you are not the only local person with an idea of how advertising and marketing works and the club has an "off the shelf" website that same as most other clubs in the country - why do you think you were invited to join the board? Did it never cross your mind that it could be a cynical attempt to avoid a repeat of the embarassment caused by Cullemgate?

If/when a new manager needs to be appointed, how much will he be involved in the process? Does he believe that he should be?

Isn''t it going to be impossible to secure impartiality on the part of the newspapers that you help to run, if staff know that their ''boss'' could be on the receiving end of any negative press and that they will potentially be putting their name to such pieces?

If you can''t bring any investment to the table, then what exactly can you bring, because as far as I was aware, we already had a sales and marketing department at Carrow Road?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="pennywise "]whats the capital of lithuania ?   [:D][/quote]

L.

[/quote]

lol.

Here''s a "killer question" and one that should make you change your mind and withdraw your acceptance - Do you honestly believe that they would have offered you a seat on the board if you were not Managing Director of Archant Norfolk? Ummmm.......tricky one - NOT!

mr. philips or is it mr. berlusconi? what will do to get rid of delia and save the club, also why come in if you have no money to buy the club to get the results needed beyond comprehension shame on the club shame on the city

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Barbie"]

Pete

Should we just pull the plug on the board till the season starts?

[/quote]

Barbie doll, the only important plug being pulled is the one the fans may pull on THE Board. Now, get back to your clerical duties.

[/quote]

LOL @ Clerical duties. Happy 4th July :)

[quote user="pennywise "]whats the capital of lithuania ?   [:D][/quote]

Vilnius, and I didn''t even have to google that.... impressive hey?

Is your name pronounced like Stefan, or Stephen?

Do you look good on the dance floor? Do you dance like a robot from 1984?

Do you own a moustache comb? Do you ever use wax to gain such lustre? Do you go by the pseudonym Moustachio Furioso when posting on these boards?

I know this is very unlikely to get an answer but how long will Gunn get to prove his worth? what are the conditions under which you would consider sacking him? Why were you appointed in the first place? MWJ suggested it was to help with the marketing side of the club, however David McNally is very experienced in this side of the business from his time at Fulham and Celtic, what do you offer that he lacks? or did your appointment occur simply becasue the work load would be too great for him to take on oversight of marketing as well as the other dutiies required of the CEO?

Sports Desk Pete, is there actually any chance that any of these questions are going to get answered???? I am particularly concerned about whether or not a moutache comb is employed, it is a truly glorious crumb catcher!!!

The previous board kept the supporters in the dark about many things. i.e transfers & offers of investment (peter cullum) etc. Now that you are on the board, are you allowed to pass on information about any future investment or transfers so it can be printed in your newspapers?

What is your knowledge of the great game?

Mr. Phillips,

With respect , do you think that possibly your situation is the same as with Rupert Murdoch and the populous British newspapers ,owned by him , that invariably reflect only his own personal political agendas ?

If, god forbid, we are languishing near the bottom at Christmas and popular demand is for the current Board to resign, how are the local papers going to report it? They have campaigned for change on many fronts with regards to local issues [war memorial, councilor housing scam], surely the Public would expect the same from its local paper with regards to the club? How will it go about calling for the head of its boss if this happened?

[quote user="SNAP"]Here''s a "killer question" and one that should make you change your mind and withdraw your acceptance - Do you honestly believe that they would have offered you a seat on the board if you were not Managing Director of Archant Norfolk? Ummmm.......tricky one - NOT![/quote]

I second this question.......

Very searching in my view.