Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Put your questions to Stephan Phillips

[quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"]

[quote user="LQ"]How does it feel, despite your statement in the press, to have your integrity questioned?

[/quote]

You really are the last word on patronising LQ. Do you seriously believe that a senior figure within Archant would not expect issues of journalistic integrity to arise if he joined the board of a business on which his paper reports on a daily basis?

Give me strength.

[/quote]It''s not patronising at all. I''m interested in the answer because I once questioned the integrity of an Archant employee and was come down on like a ton of bricks.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"]

[quote user="LQ"]How does it feel, despite your statement in the press, to have your integrity questioned?

[/quote]

You really are the last word on patronising LQ. Do you seriously believe that a senior figure within Archant would not expect issues of journalistic integrity to arise if he joined the board of a business on which his paper reports on a daily basis?

Give me strength.

[/quote]

It''s not patronising at all. I''m interested in the answer because I once questioned the integrity of an Archant employee and was come down on like a ton of bricks.

[/quote]

Ah... I read this in a different sense to what you intended. Apologies [:$]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

"Meep meep meep meep...........I''m on the SCG don''t y''know? Meep meep meep meep...I''m the one that wants more expensive season tickets...Meep meep meep meep."

[/quote]

FGS, please grow up.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1743777/ShowPost.aspx

Sorry Dion. Probably my typing style at fault (it wouldn''t be the first time [:$])

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

"Meep meep meep meep...........I''m on the SCG don''t y''know? Meep meep meep meep...I''m the one that wants more expensive season tickets...Meep meep meep meep."

[/quote]

FGS, please grow up.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1743777/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

Shall we have a look at your previous - and see how ''grown up'' you are?

Did you show an interest in becoming a director & speak to the club first, or were you approached by the club ?

If it was the former, what did you feel you could offer the club ?

If it was the latter, what did the club feel that you had to offer ?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Sigh...

Back to the questions please.

[/quote]

What''s the problem? Ban me if you don''t like it.....I have other interests - and I''m sure that you''ll be heralded a hero.....with some.

Who actually suggested putting questions to Stephan Philips.....Stephan Philips?.....

Did he approach Delia and MWJ - or was he approached by Delia and MWJ? There, is that OK?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Sigh...

Back to the questions please.

[/quote]

What''s the problem? Ban me if you don''t like it.....I have other interests - and I''m sure that you''ll be heralded a hero.....with some.

Who actually suggested putting questions to Stephan Philips.....Stephan Philips?.....

Did he approach Delia and MWJ - or was he approached by Delia and MWJ? There, is that OK?

[/quote]

And can he make the crossword easier in the EDP?

Are you drawing a wage or expenses from the club.

Will the presence of non investing board members hinder the arrival of others prepared to invest in the longer term.

If you''ve been gifted shares for your board membership will you be expecting to be paid for them should an investor appear

Isn''t being a board member of a failing football club a fulltime job and shouldn''t you being treating it as such rather than on top of your day to day role at Archant.

What expertise can you bring when it comes to selecting our next manager? How much knowledge of football do you actually have and have you ever played? I thought you were a hockey man?Do you read this forum? And if so, who is/are your favourite/least favourite posters?Do you think our current position is a travesty and who do you blame for it?Where are you going to find the money from to fund a promotion drive?Do you think we have been badly treated, as fans, by the board of NCFC? Is there black art at play in your Peter Cullum coverage of years gone by?Can one of us, democratically elected of course, take a place on the board of NCFC, and if no, why not?Did you seriously expect us not to be synical about your appointment?IS DELIA LOOKING TO COMPLETELY SELL THE CLUB SO THAT SHE NO LONGER HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT (LIKE SHE SAID SHE WAS AT THE AGM) OR IS SHE SIMPLY LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL INVESTMENT AND WISHES TO REMAIN AT THE HELM?How''s Mary? Can you stop being anti-Apple Mac and get your programmers to make this forum function in Safari? (Please!)

Pete

Should we just pull the plug on the board till the season starts?

Will decisions on the board be reached by "one man,one vote" or will majority shareholders have the final say?

Does the board have a thorough, detailed 5 year plan in place, with clear ambitions and targets to be met along the way?

If these targets are not met, will there be quick, effective action to resolve the situation, something which didn''t occur with the previous board?

Would you, and other board members, be willing to give up your places if investors come to the club and wished to join the board?

What do you feel that you personally have to offer the club in the coming seasons?

And now i''m out of ideas....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]If you go down with swine flu and have to miss a match, can I have your ticket please?[/quote]

Thought you were going to buy a season ticket this year Lappin???

[/quote]

EH! Lampin'' it up - ain''t got a season ticket?[:O].....Says it all.....Him and Bleurgh Blur Blahhaha should share one.....or take turns in standing on each others shoulders.

[/quote]

Lol!

whatever your thoughts on messers Munby and Doncaster, I always had the utmost respect for the way they put themselves in the firing line, they always made themselves available to ordinary fans before matches at various forums and by email and telephone. Is this a line you wish to continue along or will you be like previous administrations and close shop.

I have no wish to in anyway impugn your integrity but please try to explain whatever made you think that, as the MD of the only local media available to question the affairs of our football club, you would have a cat in hell’s of doing anything other than raise local suspicions about the dual roles you are about to attempt to fill? Do you really have no idea that every time Archant now backs off an issue regarding the football club your hand will be seen to be behind it? Did you once stop to consider that if Bryan Gunn turns out to be that manager that his track record suggests he will be and Archant fail to call for his head you will be identified as the reason for such a response? Have you stopped to think about how untenable your position would have been in those days when “The Suffolks” stubbornly refused to see that Nigel Worthington had just run out of ideas while Archant stood by wringing its journalistic hands? Most important of all has it not occurred to you to question why they asked you in the first place?

I have no wish to in anyway impugn your integrity but please try to explain whatever made you think that, as the MD of the only local media available to question the affairs of our football club, you would have a cat in hell’s chance of doing anything other than raise local suspicions about the dual roles you are about to attempt to fill? Do you really have no idea that every time Archant now backs off an issue regarding the football club your hand will be seen to be behind it? Did you once stop to consider that if Bryan Gunn turns out to be that manager that his track record suggests he will be and Archant fail to call for his head you will be identified as the reason for such a response? Have you stopped to think about how untenable your position would have been in those days when “The Suffolks” stubbornly refused to see that Nigel Worthington had just run out of ideas while Archant stood by wringing its journalistic hands? Most important of all has it not occurred to you to question why they asked you in the first place?

How would you deal with the following scenario:

Norwich start off badly this season. Editorial independence means that a number of editorial pieces are written about Norwich that are extremely critical. This builds to a crescendo by mid-November with Norwich languishing in the botton three. In an emotive outburst David McNally bans Archant journalists from entering Carrow Road in any official capacity. This rapidly degenerates into a slanging match between the Norwich City Board (?) and Archant''s Sport''s journalists/Editorial. An emergency Board Meeting is called at Carrow Road just before Christmas with Norwich propping up the rest of the Division. David McNally proposes legal recourse against Archant relating to much that has been said in their publications. Stephan, do you then need to declare your conflict of interest with the rest of the Board and withdraw from any further discussion, or do you fight your corner? The question is, which corner do you fight?

Tony.

[quote user="Barbie"]

Pete

Should we just pull the plug on the board till the season starts?

[/quote]

[:@] Where did that come from?

Have Archant started already massaging all media output for the cook?