Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Press conference

I hope the poor guy doesn''t read this site, he will be jarred of already. Give him a chance for god sake !

Won player''s player of the season at Exeter this year. Not a glamour signing but I''m not going to slate him cos I don''t know anything about him and let''s be honest we can''t expect big names.

[quote user="bluemike"]I hope the poor guy doesn''t read this site, he will be jarred of already. Give him a chance for god sake !
[/quote]

Exactly. You lot should be ashamed, here is a binner talking more sense than you.

Gill is Norwich Born, desperate to play for Norwich, and I cant wait to see him giving 100% for the cause and celebrating in front of the Barclay like he has found himself in a Roy of the Rovers annual.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Lets not start slating this signing before we''ve even seen him play. At the end of the day he is a Norwich boy who will be desperate to prove himself at his hometown club and he should at least give a t*ss unlike several others who have played for us in recent years![/quote]

Exactly, we haven''t even seen this man play for Norwich City and already we are slating him. We get what we are given.

If he actually wants to be here and bothers to put in some effort he will be light years ahead of some of the dross we saw pull on the shirt last season.  We may all wish for better, but sadly this is the sort of signing we are going to have to get used to for a while until someone comes along to inject new life/cash into the club.

All those being negative here should just read the comments on the exeter board posted by citylad in one of the threads on here. Not a bad word said about this lad in any of the comments.

We are a league 1 club now. We are not going to be spending £1 million on any one player any more. I for one see this as a positive start to what will hopefully now be a busy period which sees 4 or 5 players arrive ahead of pre-season.

Whilst I am disappointed that Kaka has chosen Real Madrid rather than coming and buying the club and being player/manager I think that we all need to live in the real world......we are a third division club with no money. Give the lad a chance I say.

One of the things the Exeter supporters say on the forum someone posted a link to, is that he has a fantastic ''engine'' keeps himself busy and he can pass a ball.Last season too many of our players were laxidazical and seemed to be strolling about at times - if this guy is anything like Holt in terms of his fitness and work rate and can pass a ball at least as well as Mulryne then we have a half decent player on our hands at worse.Whilst my breath has not been stolen by this signing I am quietly optimistic in that he is a hard working passing player that has experienced winning. Plus he knows the area and will want this move to work out - possibly to be where he ends his career too. He is not a player looking for a final wage packet before retiring or a young player looking for a stepping stone to greater things. We represent the biggest club he has signed for and possibly could be the biggest he will sign for.If what their fans are saying is true he will cost far less than Fotheringham and if he can tackle AND pass he will already be a better player.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Bury Green"]

Even after all these years there is no press conference quite like a Norwich City press conference, the feeling of being completely, totally and absolutely underwhelmed.

[/quote] Spot on , even when we dont expect anything much Norwich City can still let you down . Relegation battle ahead next season with Oddjob in charge .
[/quote]

Ever thought about "loaning" yourself to the Scum next season?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Bury Green"]

Even after all these years there is no press conference quite like a Norwich City press conference, the feeling of being completely, totally and absolutely underwhelmed.

[/quote] Spot on , even when we dont expect anything much Norwich City can still let you down . Relegation battle ahead next season with Oddjob in charge .
[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t worry about loaning. Go and never return.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote] Spot on , even when we dont expect anything much Norwich City can still let you down . Relegation battle ahead next season with Oddjob in charge .[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Afraid thats whats up with this club nowadays too many happy clappy twats claiming to be supporters , you all ask to be shit on and Delia will gladly oblige , best fussball supporters in the world , no just biggest mugs .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Afraid thats whats up with this club nowadays too many happy clappy twats claiming to be supporters , you all ask to be shit on and Delia will gladly oblige , best fussball supporters in the world , no just biggest mugs .
[/quote]

Oh shut up.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Listen mate I am as critical of the club as most on here and obviously am not happy at whats been going on but the immediate criticism from some on here of a signing just because most of us don''t know much about him is symptomatic of what we, as a set of fans, have become which is died in the wool moaners. yes we''ve hd a lot to moan about but there is a dnager it bacomes a mindset which then becomes very difficult to get out of.

He may turn out to be cr*p but the indications from Exeter fans are that he''s a good lad and they are very sorry to lose him so lets give him a chance shall we?

We are not going to be signing players for big money this summer. If Clingan goes then maybe we may spend a bit on a replacement and maybe we might find a couple of hundred grand for Lee but other than that we are reliant on picking up one or two bargains. We''d best all get used to that!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote] Spot on , even when we dont expect anything much Norwich City can still let you down . Relegation battle ahead next season with Oddjob in charge .[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Afraid thats whats up with this club nowadays too many happy clappy twats claiming to be supporters , you all ask to be shit on and Delia will gladly oblige , best fussball supporters in the world , no just biggest mugs .[/quote]

Oh shut up.

[/quote] Get back to your Roy of the Rovers daydreaming little boy .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh shut up.

[/quote]

You need to ask your GP for some anti depressents, either that or just get it over and done with.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Afraid thats whats up with this club nowadays too many happy clappy twats claiming to be supporters , you all ask to be shit on and Delia will gladly oblige , best fussball supporters in the world , no just biggest mugs .[/quote]

Oh shut up.

[/quote] Get back to your Roy of the Rovers daydreaming little boy .[/quote]

You need to ask your GP for some anti depressents, either that or just get it over and done with.

[/quote] You need to look reality up in the dictionary .

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]3pm. Colney. New signing.[/quote]

What I really want to know is . . . apart from the manager, who else from the club was at the press conference?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="ACE"]Why?  We dont know his role in the team yet.  We know he has been involved in promotions at the level NCFC currently find themselves, he is obviously fit because of his appearance levels, he knows Norwich city''s reputation etc.And he is free.I cant honestly find what is to complain or get upset about right now.  If he is the last signing then fair enough, but he is the first signing, and surely worth a punt?People have been advocating players with passion over players worth money for ages now on this forum, yet when we start the rebuild suddenly everyone switches back to the "he must be crap because he is not worth £3 million quid" line of stupidity.

[quote user="The Undertaker"]Awful. God I''m depressed.[/quote][/quote]

Exactly Ace. The same people are conveniently calling Clingan a £1m Premiership player whilst ''forgetting'' that he was a bosman free transfer from League One.

[/quote]I''m with you guys here. So far 1 central midfielder out (Fozzy), 1 in (Gill) and some money probably freed up for a player, who lets face it, can''t really be much worse - now on to the rest of the team!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh shut up.

[/quote]

[/quote]

"One, such as a person, an entity, or an event, that is actual:"

Perfect description of the situation. We are actually in league one. Whats your point?

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

Oh shut up.

[/quote] Get back to your Roy of the Rovers daydreaming little boy .[/quote]

[/quote] You need to look reality up in the dictionary . [/quote]

Perfect description of the situation. We are actually in league one. Whats your point?

[/quote] My point is you seem to be living in cloud cuckoo land .

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="ACE"]Why?  We dont know his role in the team yet.  We know he has been involved in promotions at the level NCFC currently find themselves, he is obviously fit because of his appearance levels, he knows Norwich city''s reputation etc.

And he is free.

I cant honestly find what is to complain or get upset about right now.  If he is the last signing then fair enough, but he is the first signing, and surely worth a punt?

People have been advocating players with passion over players worth money for ages now on this forum, yet when we start the rebuild suddenly everyone switches back to the "he must be crap because he is not worth £3 million quid" line of stupidity.

[quote user="The Undertaker"]Awful. God I''m depressed.[/quote][/quote]

Exactly Ace. The same people are conveniently calling Clingan a £1m Premiership player whilst ''forgetting'' that he was a bosman free transfer from League One.

[/quote]

I''m with you guys here. So far 1 central midfielder out (Fozzy), 1 in (Gill) and some money probably freed up for a player, who lets face it, can''t really be much worse - now on to the rest of the team!
[/quote]

You mean Fozzy cant really be much worse? 

I defo agree with what your saying though. Apparently Gill was on less that £1,500 at Exeter. So he wouldnt be on much more than £2,500 here. I am pretty certain that Fozzy was given 7k a week last year (source:- club employee).

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh shut up.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] My point is you seem to be living in cloud cuckoo land .
[/quote]

Which is exactly what I think of you, so we are only going to go around in circles with this one.

Negativity (this is you):- Lacking positive or constructive features, especially: Unpleasant; disagreeable: Gloomy; pessimistic: Unfavorable or detrimental: Hostile or disparaging; malicious:

Positivity (this is me):- Characterized by or displaying certainty, acceptance, or affirmation. Measured or moving forward or in a direction of increase or progress.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

What I really want to know is . . . apart from the manager, who else from the club was at the press conference?

[/quote]

Gunn and Gill. Just manager and player is the norm at press conferences for signings.

The only problem with our supporters are a minority of which seem to believe the club can do nothing right. No decision ever made would be good enough for you.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

Gunn and Gill. Just manager and player is the norm at press conferences for signings.

[/quote]

Gunn and Gill went up the hill to fetch a pail of bullsh*t....

etc etc........

[quote user="The Chirp"]is there a video of the p/c going to go up on the site? pics etc?
[/quote]

Pics from press conference now on the sites.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

The only problem with our supporters are a minority of which seem to believe the club can do nothing right. No decision ever made would be good enough for you.

[/quote]

A minority? You mean the same minority you were siding with a few short weeks ago?

Your opinion changes like the wind.

And Ryan, get a life. I am curious to know why the club can do no wrong in your eyes? Also your "source" (club employee) is complete bullsh*t.