Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

Where is my rebate letter?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ren"]

Personally I do realise that it as an option, but I guess after 25 years I am in to deep.  For all my moaning I do still enjoy my Saturdays supporting the club, more often  than not the bit before 3pm and after 5pm, so I will stick with it for another year!  Plus as I have been going so long we have some of the very best seats in the Barclay right behind the goal (above the bar), once I let them go, Ill probably never get them back!

What are you doing for tickets next season Nutty? 

[/quote]

You can keep the best seat mate because I''ve got the best standing position in the Barclay[;)] And I''m keeping it!!

I''m not renewing my away ticket though. It''s become increasingly difficult to get away on a Saturday. I only got to 14 last season and only 4 of them were Saturdays. So I''ll be a "10 stub away fan" next season. But I''ll make every Tuesday night game, paint pot included!

As for the rebate, I will consider it again when I finally receive the letter from the club. At the moment I''m still inclined to take it but I believe the Foulger thing has merit, but would have had more merit if it was something available to all fans. I do think that Foulger will be puting his share in regardless.

Like you, I''m in way to deep to get out. We must be due another good season soon!

[/quote]

We''ve been saying that for the last five years but all Norwich fans can dream.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ren"]

Personally I do realise that it as an option, but I guess after 25 years I am in to deep.  For all my moaning I do still enjoy my Saturdays supporting the club, more often  than not the bit before 3pm and after 5pm, so I will stick with it for another year!  Plus as I have been going so long we have some of the very best seats in the Barclay right behind the goal (above the bar), once I let them go, Ill probably never get them back!

What are you doing for tickets next season Nutty? 

[/quote]

You can keep the best seat mate because I''ve got the best standing position in the Barclay[;)] And I''m keeping it!!

I''m not renewing my away ticket though. It''s become increasingly difficult to get away on a Saturday. I only got to 14 last season and only 4 of them were Saturdays. So I''ll be a "10 stub away fan" next season. But I''ll make every Tuesday night game, paint pot included!

As for the rebate, I will consider it again when I finally receive the letter from the club. At the moment I''m still inclined to take it but I believe the Foulger thing has merit, but would have had more merit if it was something available to all fans. I do think that Foulger will be puting his share in regardless.

Like you, I''m in way to deep to get out. We must be due another good season soon!

[/quote]

Lol!  I have kept my AST, but mainly because there are 9 grounds that I have not done (I am a bit sad like that), and a lot of the others are in the South, so not to hard to get to.  In all seriousness Ill put the £73 towards an away trip. NCFC have never refunded a single away ticket (unlike most clubs) after a really bad away performace (and as you know Nutty we have had loads of them), so I treat it as a refund for the rubbish last season (reason no 7 for my letter, lol!).

How can you start a sentence with ''that isn''t true''......then follow it with ''and if it is''?  If it isn''t true then surely there''s no possibility that it is?

Also, why do you ''need'' the money for something now when its effectively not your money and there''s been no confirmation how and when you are going to get it?  I pay by DD and assumed that I would have my monthly payments reduced as it doesn''t take a genious to work out that that is the most likely scenario.

Contradictory statements, illogical thought process, dubious budgeting, have you thought about applying for the vacant role of CEO?

Sorry, my previous post should have included Jas'' post as a quote, I feel less clever now, doh!

had my letter through the post today.read it, and i just refuse to believe its true. Like Gunn is working on bringing players in right now, not knowing what his budget will end up being.

Got my letter this morning, and must admit I was fully planning on keeping my rebate, but this wonderful club of ours is now making me feel guilty for doing it. I can just imagine as we''re languishing in mid table come may the excuse being that "if only the fans had given more money back we could have kept Clingan or at the very least paid to get rid of Jon Otsemobor " GRR. 73 quid is no small amount, but I supose if Foulger speaks the truth, neither is 2million.

I am keeping my rebate.The basic facts:  The current board have squandered millions in premiership funding, and millions in parachute paymentsWe have watched the team decline since 2004-5 to a point where we have 14 professional footballers on our books.  None of them are very good.The board, having wasted millions of pounds, are now asking fans for a donation of £60-80ish each so they can give it to a manager I don''t support "to buy players with" - but will they really?I don''t trust them with my money.I will buy a season ticket and support my team on the pitch, but I will not help dig this appalling board of directors out of the hole they''ve sunk themselves into.

Mr Foulger hasn''t convinced me to let him keep my money because I have no confidence that it will be spent wisely by the manager they have just re-appointed.  I went for the share issue both times believing I was helping the club, and a few years down the line my reward is the prospect of third tier football next season.

To convince the fans they wanted to do everything to get us back up, perhaps they should have said that all the board members would match the figure not claimed back, and the money would go into the playing fund.  On this occasion I am going to ask for my money back.

We have 18000+ season ticket holders , the envy of all League 1 clubs, yet our board are trying to make up feel guilty about paying the going rate.

A tactic (alnong with the fact that we have to apply to get our money back) that has cost them any chance of getting mine!!!

[quote user="Ren"]

We have 18000+ season ticket holders , the envy of all League 1 clubs, yet our board are trying to make up feel guilty about paying the going rate.

A tactic (alnong with the fact that we have to apply to get our money back) that has cost them any chance of getting mine!!!

[/quote]

If we fail to get promoted (or worse) then it will be all your fault. You should be ashamed of yourself.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I am keeping my rebate.
The basic facts: 

The current board have squandered millions in premiership funding, and millions in parachute payments
We have watched the team decline since 2004-5 to a point where we have 14 professional footballers on our books.  None of them are very good.
The board, having wasted millions of pounds, are now asking fans for a donation of £60-80ish each so they can give it to a manager I don''t support "to buy players with" - but will they really?
I don''t trust them with my money.
I will buy a season ticket and support my team on the pitch, but I will not help dig this appalling board of directors out of the hole they''ve sunk themselves into.

[/quote]

Agreed. Also I''ve spent over £900 on NCFC this year so I feel no guilt for having £70 back. Why should they make the fans feel guilty for the mess they have created?

If people feel they want to give they money to the club then good for them and I sincerely hope it gets used wisely - but for me this has made me even more certain I''m going to keep it.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

If we fail to get promoted (or worse) then it will be all your fault. You should be ashamed of yourself.

[/quote]

No. I prefer to think it''ll be the fault of you - and the others of your ilk...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Face......bothered[:)]

Whem we were in the Premiership they had Premiership money to play with - they wasted it by not investing enough of it for fear of relegation. Result - relegation.

Parachute payments for two years - wasted by inept, cheap option managers. Result - relegation.

So, now we are Div 3 and they want me to give them another £70 so they can do what? What lessons have they learned? None. Believe me that money won''t be going anywhere near a transfer kitty it will be used to pay off debts to keep the club afloat. Oh, they''ll dress it up somehow with the usual "undisclosed" transfer fees, talk of "agents fees" etc but the bulk will simply disappear into the bank.

I''ll give them £70 at THE END OF THE SEASON willingly if the board wake up to the priorities needed by this club, starting with a manager who doesn''t look like a rabbit in the headlights everytime he is faced with making a technical footballing decision for which he has no qualifications or experience. I don''t even necesarily expect to see them promoted or in the playoffs - just to see some signs that they have the merest clue about what a mess their ineptitude has caused.

I''ve even though how I''ll make the contribution. I''ll buy the minimum £120 of shares.

Letter arrived today. If you''re on a DD it gets adjusted from August.

So, if you''re an adult sitting in the Barclay and are entitled to 20% back, your monthly repayments will be adjusted from August from £30.50 to £20.05.

Letter received this Morning, form completed this Morning, envelope sealed this Morning, envelope posted 1st class Monday Morning.

I don''t know how Foulger can have the brass neck to think that people will be so gullible to fall for this.

Why does he think that we will all of a sudden start sending money NOW when we haven''t as a championship club in any of the last 3/4 years, at a time when season tickets were at the higher price???. Its the fact that we haven''t spent money is the reason why we are where we are now.

I haven''t even hesitated, filled the form out this morning and have just posted it.

[quote user="Scole Canary"]

Letter received this Morning, form completed this Morning, envelope sealed this Morning, envelope posted 1st class Monday Morning.

[/quote]

Same here.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Scole Canary"]

[/quote]

Same here.

[/quote]

Same here [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Scole Canary"]

[/quote]

Same here.

[/quote]

Same here [:)]

[/quote]

I felt quite sad in returning it I have to say, but I am still spitting feathers with the board, so I stuffed it back in the envelope after filling it in, put a stamp on it and went up town to post it.

After all it''s what we have always been entitled to, we aren''t paying Championship prices to watch 3rd division football, no way jose

If it makes you feel better WAY then I felt sad too but like you am still very angry plus as you say why should I pay £427 to watch League 1 football

My son and i will get over £120 knocked of our dd''s.Amazing how this bloke will match £ to £ now,but when we needed a few quid to sign taylor he kept quiet.Straight into the envolope and straight in the post box without a second thought

[quote user="lobster catcher"]My son and i will get over £120 knocked of our dd''s.Amazing how this bloke will match £ to £ now,but when we needed a few quid to sign taylor he kept quiet.Straight into the envolope and straight in the post box without a second thought[/quote]

Yes or he could have bought Lee for us for about £400k but no he won''t do that unless we contribute too.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes it will be my fault for buying a season ticket at the going rate!  Idiot!

Just to balance things up a little, but maybe Mr Foulger didn''t have the ready cash back then to help buy these players, and maybe now he does, just a thought lol.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Just to balance things up a little, but maybe Mr Foulger didn''t have the ready cash back then to help buy these players, and maybe now he does, just a thought lol.[/quote]bye bye letter! be there monday  morning!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Just to balance things up a little, but maybe Mr Foulger didn''t have the ready cash back then to help buy these players, and maybe now he does, just a thought lol.[/quote]

But if hes got it now why didn''t he just hand over a cheque for the £1m and then his letter could have said ''''here''s what I''ve done to help, now if you want to help too we''d appreciate it''''

Could have bought Lee and Shacks with that and had change [:)]