Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Piswich's ambition.....

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"]

The scum have just demonstrated the diference between our clubs. They are 9th and have dumped their CE and brought in a man with a high powered background in sports management and then given their manager the elbow and look as if they might replace him with someone who took a relegation haunted side straight up within the same season. In short, to them 9th is unaceptable and heads have rolled.

In contrast we are in serious danger of relegation, follow failed manager with failed manager before settling on the odd-job man (and I don''t blame Gumnny in the slightest) and have a bog standard solicitor as our CE. Are the fans upset? Do they demand changes? No, they sing "Delia''s Barmy Army" as the sozzled trout parades in front of them following a defeat to our bitterest rivals.

No wonder the scum have finished above us on average 2 years out of every 3 over the whole of their League history. [:(][:(]

.[/quote]Now Crafty, that''s a hell of a stat but I''m not going to dispute it. But why you now want to start using that lot down the road as a stick to beat our club with I will never understand. But that amazing stat that you researched is a black mark against a lot more than your pet sozzled old trout. Because for the first 11 years I followed my beloved team we never finished above the scum once. Thanks for reminding me of that! But whose fault was it? Was it the lack of ambition shown by Geoffrey Watling, who to my knowledge only got one meagre goal diffrence finish above the scum in all his years at the helm. No... let''s not dwell on it.

Are you a fan of Roy Keane Crafty? Do you wish he was our manager? Are you jealous of that lot down the road? You''re just another one in a long line this week who criticises the fans. Are you actually criticising yourself too Crafty? Or is it those other fans? All the rest except you, Smudger, Cluck, Arthur and Mr Carrow?

Serious question for you Crafty... do you believe scum fans are better than ours? Because that''s what your post imply''s.

[/quote]

I''ll support my club until I''m put in the furnace and am sickened by the indifference to our plight shown by the current regime. For the first 10 years of my supporting life as a City fan we were just a bog standard going nowhere club and always had been so there was no expectation from the fans that it would ever be otherwise. Then Geoff watling appointed Ron saunders as manager, one of the best this club has ever had. He shwed how to mould a squad of little known players into an efficient unit that would play for 90 minutes and get results. Since 1972 our club has spent at least as much time in the top flight as it has in the second tier. Over that time Ipswich''s record has been about the same.  As it happens I''m not a fan of Roy Keane because of his character but there''s no denying he knows what it takes to be successful as a player AND has done it as a manager in getting a club into the Premiership. I doubt he will fail to do the same for the blue filth but I do doubtwhether he has what it takes to keep them there.

My point is that we as fans are too easily satisfied and meekly accept our lot when those running the club into the ground should be made to account for their actions. If we take the drop will they admit the errors of their ways and apologise to the fans? NO not on your life! If we stay up this term we''ll have another huge battle on our hands next season because they will not accept they are wrong in any way. I want my club to be successful and I certainly want to see the scum fail but i can''t help having a sneaking regard for the decisiveness of those now running their club and compare that to the amateurish incompetence of our owners and their celebrity cook besotted hangers on.

[/quote]

Excellent post. Couldn''t agree more. Evans business attitude v Delia''s ''run on the pitch like a halfwit & shout ''Let''s be having you''. She''s made Norwich a laughing stock.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"]

The scum have just demonstrated the diference between our clubs. They are 9th and have dumped their CE and brought in a man with a high powered background in sports management and then given their manager the elbow and look as if they might replace him with someone who took a relegation haunted side straight up within the same season. In short, to them 9th is unaceptable and heads have rolled.

In contrast we are in serious danger of relegation, follow failed manager with failed manager before settling on the odd-job man (and I don''t blame Gumnny in the slightest) and have a bog standard solicitor as our CE. Are the fans upset? Do they demand changes? No, they sing "Delia''s Barmy Army" as the sozzled trout parades in front of them following a defeat to our bitterest rivals.

No wonder the scum have finished above us on average 2 years out of every 3 over the whole of their League history. [:(][:(]

.[/quote]Now Crafty, that''s a hell of a stat but I''m not going to dispute it. But why you now want to start using that lot down the road as a stick to beat our club with I will never understand. But that amazing stat that you researched is a black mark against a lot more than your pet sozzled old trout. Because for the first 11 years I followed my beloved team we never finished above the scum once. Thanks for reminding me of that! But whose fault was it? Was it the lack of ambition shown by Geoffrey Watling, who to my knowledge only got one meagre goal diffrence finish above the scum in all his years at the helm. No... let''s not dwell on it.

Are you a fan of Roy Keane Crafty? Do you wish he was our manager? Are you jealous of that lot down the road? You''re just another one in a long line this week who criticises the fans. Are you actually criticising yourself too Crafty? Or is it those other fans? All the rest except you, Smudger, Cluck, Arthur and Mr Carrow?

Serious question for you Crafty... do you believe scum fans are better than ours? Because that''s what your post imply''s.

[/quote]

I''ll support my club until I''m put in the furnace and am sickened by the indifference to our plight shown by the current regime. For the first 10 years of my supporting life as a City fan we were just a bog standard going nowhere club and always had been so there was no expectation from the fans that it would ever be otherwise. Then Geoff watling appointed Ron saunders as manager, one of the best this club has ever had. He shwed how to mould a squad of little known players into an efficient unit that would play for 90 minutes and get results. Since 1972 our club has spent at least as much time in the top flight as it has in the second tier. Over that time Ipswich''s record has been about the same.  As it happens I''m not a fan of Roy Keane because of his character but there''s no denying he knows what it takes to be successful as a player AND has done it as a manager in getting a club into the Premiership. I doubt he will fail to do the same for the blue filth but I do doubtwhether he has what it takes to keep them there.

My point is that we as fans are too easily satisfied and meekly accept our lot when those running the club into the ground should be made to account for their actions. If we take the drop will they admit the errors of their ways and apologise to the fans? NO not on your life! If we stay up this term we''ll have another huge battle on our hands next season because they will not accept they are wrong in any way. I want my club to be successful and I certainly want to see the scum fail but i can''t help having a sneaking regard for the decisiveness of those now running their club and compare that to the amateurish incompetence of our owners and their celebrity cook besotted hangers on.

[/quote]

Excellent post, well said

[/quote]

[/quote]

Crafty, at the AGM our esteemed chairman told us that they were looking for new investors who fit in with "the policies which have been so successful for the last 12 years".  So there we have it, they actually think they`ve been successful.  And then Delia gets a huge round of applause after we lose a derby just to reinforce the delusion.  "The Man" has nailed it, it could only happen in Norwich......[:|]

Sunderland''s fortunes changed heavily down to one simple fact, whether Jonny Evans was in the center of their defence. Keane paid well over the odds for some of the most average players ever to play in the premier league. Certainly not jealous.

wilw6 wrote; " Evans business attitude v Delia''s ''run on the pitch like a halfwit & shout ''Let''s be having you''. She''s made Norwich a laughing stock"

Really annoys me when people say things like our club is a laughing stock, if referring to the board or players etc, simply not true, where does this thing come from, in my business life I communicate with people all over the UK on a daily basis, and most days there will be football discussions with people who support teams at every level of the football pyramid, and never once has anyone said to me " Norwich City, you club is a laughing stock, or you must be so disappointed with your owners, or the behaviour of Lewis Grabban".

Fact is there is no such thing as bad publicity (unless illegal or immoral issues)only publicity, from what I see our club is admired, respected and appreciated by genuine football fans, so stop this crap about "laughing stock", can only be because you have some strange motive to attack the club at every opportunity for you and several others.

I nearly choked on my Weetabix as i thought Crafty was up to his old tricks with his ''sozzled trout'' reference but then i noticed the date. [;)]

I think this tells you all you need to know about the arss licking thread about the Palarce chairman. A thread that is nothing more than another thinly veiled attack upon NCFC''s board. I therefore leave others to decide what is the motivation behind all these attacks.

What is brilliant is how many people were wrong about ITFC, both our negative-nancy fans and the scums gloat-in-face brigade.

[quote user="whoareyou"]

As i''ve said, i think it will be a long time until we play Ipswich again unless the way the club is run is changed dramatically!

Ambition? Our board couldn''t even spell it! [:@]

[/quote]

You know what, you''re not far off there, mate.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I nearly choked on my Weetabix as i thought Crafty was up to his old tricks with his ''sozzled trout'' reference but then i noticed the date. [;)][/quote]

Mmmmmm, sizzled trout - so much tastier than Weetabix!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Haha here he is.

Context. Funny how the usual suspect can''t have a reasoned debate.

You still drunk?

Maybe go play crib.[/quote]Well, well. I am ''on my period'', drunk and now a crib player it appears.. Accusations from a pipsqueak who cries about a reasoned debat  Why not tell us how your hero Marcus Evans is doing at Portman Road instead of childish insults? Maybe tell us who is in the PL and who has been stuck in the Championship for 13 years. Who owes about £100million and who is debt free. Who has a cracking youth set up (with a recent FA Youth Cup win) and who can''t even afford, or qualify, for a Category 1 set up. Or has all that been forgotten as you have a new hero to attack NCFC with ?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Appointing Roy Keane.......

They have shown more ambition in one day than we have 12yrs.

My mood has just got even worse.

[/quote]And mine has got even better after a handsome and well deserved win by us, and a sound thrashing for your lot (and their ambition). On the two showings we are certainly staying up, and they are certainly staying down, for yet another season. Any news on Palace and their ambition ?

Appears to have gone quiet. Fourteen seasons (on the trot) and no word about how wonderful it is to have such a generous owner with such foresight. Have we ever spent fourteen years in the second tier since the 60''s ? Come along OP, you are not normally so shy.

While hindsight is a wonderful thing, I''ll admit to being p*ssed off at the time this thread came out. We''d just got relegated, half our squad was on loan, we had a nice but incompetent manager and CEO and Ipswich has just appointed a big name manager. Now I also remember not being particularly jealous of the manager they got (always thought Keane was a bit of a crap manager) but it wasn''t a great time to be a Norwich fan.

Clearly this has been turned around significantly since then with the great decision to appoint McNally and better hiring of managers (who have also all been backed in the transfer market). Long may it continue.

I don''t remember us being relegated in April 2009, nor having half a squad made up of loanees either . Neither is it about hindsight. There were plenty expressing doubts about  Keane,  on both sides of the border, from the outset. It is also about supporting your club, not waiting for any opportunity to stick the boot in. And if so, then stand by those attacks. Something the last few hours have shown to be non existent as far as those attackers are concerned. Look at the names. Watch how time and time again when the first opportunity that arises, out come the attacks. The recent transfer dealings showed that.  Let them speak up now

Well if you want to be picky then we got relegated in May but we were looking like we were going down in April. And we had 7 players on loan at that time- seems quite a few? It seems a bit odd to try and dispute we were having a bit of a s*it time then?

No one has disputed the position we were in, though some like yourself are happy to exaggerate it. The point is that it was not our position so much as what was the supposedly wonderful ambition being shown by Ipswich. Which provided a convenient stick to attack the club with. Much as has the recent transfer dealimgs and the defeat at S''oton. The same suspects come crawling out to attack the club but quickly hide away when the going is good. I think we all know why.

Really? Is saying we were relegated in April rather than May really exaggerating it?

I do know what you mean about certain posters only turning up to moan however. There is also a fair amount of posters on here though that claim any criticism of a player is ''scapegoating'' and any criticism of the club is ''looking for a stick to beat them with.'' There is a happy medium somewhere.

[quote user="king canary"]Really? Is saying we were relegated in April rather than May really exaggerating it?

I do know what you mean about certain posters only turning up to moan however. There is also a fair amount of posters on here though that claim any criticism of a player is ''scapegoating'' and any criticism of the club is ''looking for a stick to beat them with.'' There is a happy medium somewhere.[/quote]

That''s the nature of the board King. What I don''t get is why so many of these moaners get all precious if they''re criticised. I don''t give a monkeys if I''m called a happy clapper or Delia''s lapdog. I don''t care thet posters start threads for me when we lose trying to rub my nose in it. After all, as far as this messageboard is concerned, we are what we post.