Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Piswich's ambition.....

[quote user="Pastry"]Hmm....think I would rather have the nasty club![/quote]Well enjoy next season, you should still get a season ticket in the Pioneer Stand, lots leftIts not a question of ambition. You think we''re not ambitious? Its a question of finance. I''d still rather have Bowen... as is rumoured. Or Ravanelli....  you saw it here first

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ah but...

Norwich Fans  V  piswich fans

Is that so difficult to work out?

Some apparently get it wrong[:|]

[/quote]

Ha Ha! My post was a bit tongue in cheek actually NN, as I thought it would hook you for a reply.

Do you do anything else other than post on here? Must be a full time job.....

[/quote]

Wanna compare lives Barclay_Boy?

You can find out about me quite easily.. but you?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Are you talking about a replacement for Gunn IBA?[/quote]Yes. Bowen is contracted and so will wait to be removed by Blackburn (with Hughes already agreeing a deal with Boro) and take the pay off. Hence Gunn as ther intermediate solution. It waqs bowens call to bring Crook back (you think he''d up sticks from a settled life down under for a novice manager?)its a long term deal. Have faith.

Its also a very checkable fact that Bowen still has a house in Thorpe End

[quote user="IBA"]Its also a very checkable fact that Bowen still has a house in Thorpe End

[/quote]Apologies - can''t believe I wrote that, proves nothing LOL t.w.a.t.Bit pished

I read somewhere may have been the official site messageboard that Crook is off back to OZ his wife is still there and she doesnt want to move here .

Well the last time i looked, Bowen was employed by Man City! And why would he not go to Boro with Hughes? He''ll earn a damn sight more there than the meagre pittance on a short contract, our club will pay!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Appointing Roy Keane.......

They have shown more ambition in one day than we have 12yrs.

My mood has just got even worse.

[/quote]

Forgive me for getting this thread back on course. This is spot on. Lets look back through the facts.

1. Binners ACTIVELY and EFFECTIVELY seek investment. Not the "you can have the club on our terms" routine that we have seen.

2. Binners get a proper CEO in . Not our poor excuse of "my CV is my strength" Doncaster

3. Binners sack the manager HAVING FOUND A REPLACEMENT and in their own time, not as we have done left it until we have a televised debarcle (Worthy) , let the manager fall on his sword (Grant) or lose to the bottom team in front of 7,000 fans in a cup replay (Rodent) ie no choice what so ever.

4. Binners appoint a tried and tested manager WHO HAS GAINED PROMOTION .

5. Binners have the transfer funds in place to attract a proper Manager.

and finally....

They sell loads more season tickets, kits, meals in the coporate areas etc etc as a result. We however..............

[/quote]Yup i am furious about this when i heard i threw my coffee cup at the wall, bear in mind i was at work as well so that did not go down to well !!If its not bad enough that my boss is a binner ( so ironic as i live down south ) its made worse by the fact you pointed out.More ambition in one day than 12 years.Keane is a natural born winner and some may say the protege or next Brian Clough. They will be a secure premiership side in the next 3 years while we flop about in league 1.Delia came in, bought back Mike Walker and we were going to get straight back into the Premiership.Many of us had accepted we would be in the championship for a little longer.Never once did i dream we would EVER be relegated again.BOARD OUT

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"]

The scum have just demonstrated the diference between our clubs. They are 9th and have dumped their CE and brought in a man with a high powered background in sports management and then given their manager the elbow and look as if they might replace him with someone who took a relegation haunted side straight up within the same season. In short, to them 9th is unaceptable and heads have rolled.

In contrast we are in serious danger of relegation, follow failed manager with failed manager before settling on the odd-job man (and I don''t blame Gumnny in the slightest) and have a bog standard solicitor as our CE. Are the fans upset? Do they demand changes? No, they sing "Delia''s Barmy Army" as the sozzled trout parades in front of them following a defeat to our bitterest rivals.

No wonder the scum have finished above us on average 2 years out of every 3 over the whole of their League history. [:(][:(]

.[/quote]Now Crafty, that''s a hell of a stat but I''m not going to dispute it. But why you now want to start using that lot down the road as a stick to beat our club with I will never understand. But that amazing stat that you researched is a black mark against a lot more than your pet sozzled old trout. Because for the first 11 years I followed my beloved team we never finished above the scum once. Thanks for reminding me of that! But whose fault was it? Was it the lack of ambition shown by Geoffrey Watling, who to my knowledge only got one meagre goal diffrence finish above the scum in all his years at the helm. No... let''s not dwell on it.

Are you a fan of Roy Keane Crafty? Do you wish he was our manager? Are you jealous of that lot down the road? You''re just another one in a long line this week who criticises the fans. Are you actually criticising yourself too Crafty? Or is it those other fans? All the rest except you, Smudger, Cluck, Arthur and Mr Carrow?

Serious question for you Crafty... do you believe scum fans are better than ours? Because that''s what your post imply''s.

[/quote]

I''ll support my club until I''m put in the furnace and am sickened by the indifference to our plight shown by the current regime. For the first 10 years of my supporting life as a City fan we were just a bog standard going nowhere club and always had been so there was no expectation from the fans that it would ever be otherwise. Then Geoff watling appointed Ron saunders as manager, one of the best this club has ever had. He shwed how to mould a squad of little known players into an efficient unit that would play for 90 minutes and get results. Since 1972 our club has spent at least as much time in the top flight as it has in the second tier. Over that time Ipswich''s record has been about the same.  As it happens I''m not a fan of Roy Keane because of his character but there''s no denying he knows what it takes to be successful as a player AND has done it as a manager in getting a club into the Premiership. I doubt he will fail to do the same for the blue filth but I do doubtwhether he has what it takes to keep them there.

My point is that we as fans are too easily satisfied and meekly accept our lot when those running the club into the ground should be made to account for their actions. If we take the drop will they admit the errors of their ways and apologise to the fans? NO not on your life! If we stay up this term we''ll have another huge battle on our hands next season because they will not accept they are wrong in any way. I want my club to be successful and I certainly want to see the scum fail but i can''t help having a sneaking regard for the decisiveness of those now running their club and compare that to the amateurish incompetence of our owners and their celebrity cook besotted hangers on.

Now here’s a post I can identify with Crafty[Y] I started supporting our club in 1967. I would never call them bog standard but I know what you mean. Geoffrey Watling wasn’t as big a hero for me as he was for most but his master stroke was appointing Ron Saunders because Ron got us up without buckets of money. I know we had that marvelous cup run and our first visit to Wembley (were you at Highbury for that Paddon hat-trick?) but how we stayed up that first season I will never know. Stay up we did though and I will never forget that penultimate game against Palace that we won to stay up. Mondays game against Reading has many similarities for me so I hope we can achieve the same result. In that first ever top flight season we never spent a thing until well into the new year and then we sold Jimmy Bone to finance it! For me our attempts at financing a bid to stay up was worse than the last effort by this board. Watling used to get all kinds of stick from the Barclay in the 60’s, maybe you remember it? It was all about selling players and replacing them on the cheap. It’s what us supporters have had to put up with for most of the 40+ years I have been a fan. The only time we actually invested in top class footballers on a regular basis was when Sir Arthur was at the helm and John Bond and Ken Brown were managers. In those 11 years between 1974 and 1985 we actually bought players other clubs wanted, not least of which was a World Cup winner who had scored in the final! Will we ever see those days again Crafty? Along came Big Bob and back we went to selling players and replacing them on the cheap. And we are still doing it now. I got the same feeling when Earnshaw went as I had 40 years before when Curran was sold to Wolves. The only difference is now I’m too old to cry. So as a fan do I behave differently now just because it’s your sozzled old cook and not Watling or Chase? Was I a fan with backbone for 30 years only to become spineless for the last 10? Maybe the truth is that those fans who shout the odds on here but are so so quiet at places like Portaloo that are the real spineless majority?

I can''t wait for the Johnstones Paint Trophy thrillers we''ve got to look forward to........A re-run of the 1962 League Cup Final against Rochdale perhaps...a local "cup" derby against Lincoln...a chance to take on Burton Albion as an equal.... even maybe Histon.

It''s just good to be alive sometimes.........

KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO

[/quote]

try to see the big picture - ipswich as a place to live is a dump, while norwich is a fine city

Venice is a beutiful city too, but I would still rather be a Juventus or AC Milan fan.

Graham Paddon''s Beard stated:

Forgive me for getting this thread back on course. This is spot on. Lets look back through the facts.

1. Binners ACTIVELY and EFFECTIVELY seek investment. Not the "you can have the club on our terms" routine that we have seen.

2. Binners get a proper CEO in . Not our poor excuse of "my CV is my strength" Doncaster

3. Binners sack the manager HAVING FOUND A REPLACEMENT and in their own time, not as we have done left it until we have a televised debarcle (Worthy) , let the manager fall on his sword (Grant) or lose to the bottom team in front of 7,000 fans in a cup replay (Rodent) ie no choice what so ever.

4. Binners appoint a tried and tested manager WHO HAS GAINED PROMOTION .

5. Binners have the transfer funds in place to attract a proper Manager.

Well said.

Jim Smith stated:

For the purposes of this debate it doesn''t matter whether Keane ends up being a success - its the message it sends and the difference in attitude and approach of the two clubs. They have had a mediocre season (although still much better than us) and have acted swiftly and deciscively to remove both the chief exec and the manager and bring in high profile replacements with a bit of clout. They''ve gone out and got the man they wanted to manage them rather than going through some convoluted interview process involving psychometric testing (FFS!). I have no doubt whatsoever that they will be pushing for the prem in the next couple of seasons.

Good post.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ah but...

[/quote]

Ha Ha! My post was a bit tongue in cheek actually NN, as I thought it would hook you for a reply.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dear old Nutty, you haven''t been paying attention have you? Too busy with all of your posts I expect. In the past I have posted what job I do, where I work, favourite games and players,whereabouts in the Barclay I sit, family details, favourite music, films, where I was born, grew up, that I lived in Australia as a kid, that I''ve renewed my ST for next year,and the fact that I really don''t like the NCFC Board very much.

All I know about you is that you''re obsessed with the Pink''un messageboard and with Nigel Worthington. Is there anything else?

Oh and Mello Yello doesn''t like you very much

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ah but...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dear old Nutty, you haven''t been paying attention have you? Too busy with all of your posts I expect. In the past I have posted what job I do, where I work, favourite games and players,whereabouts in the Barclay I sit, family details, favourite music, films, where I was born, grew up, that I lived in Australia as a kid, that I''ve renewed my ST for next year,and the fact that I really don''t like the NCFC Board very much.

All I know about you is that you''re obsessed with the Pink''un messageboard and with Nigel Worthington. Is there anything else?

[/quote]

I don''t like anyone.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now here’s a post I can identify with Crafty[Y] I started supporting our club in 1967. I would never call them bog standard but I know what you mean. Geoffrey Watling wasn’t as big a hero for me as he was for most but his master stroke was appointing Ron Saunders because Ron got us up without buckets of money. I know we had that marvelous cup run and our first visit to Wembley (were you at Highbury for that Paddon hat-trick?) but how we stayed up that first season I will never know. Stay up we did though and I will never forget that penultimate game against Palace that we won to stay up. Mondays game against Reading has many similarities for me so I hope we can achieve the same result. In that first ever top flight season we never spent a thing until well into the new year and then we sold Jimmy Bone to finance it! For me our attempts at financing a bid to stay up was worse than the last effort by this board. Watling used to get all kinds of stick from the Barclay in the 60’s, maybe you remember it? It was all about selling players and replacing them on the cheap. It’s what us supporters have had to put up with for most of the 40+ years I have been a fan. The only time we actually invested in top class footballers on a regular basis was when Sir Arthur was at the helm and John Bond and Ken Brown were managers. In those 11 years between 1974 and 1985 we actually bought players other clubs wanted, not least of which was a World Cup winner who had scored in the final! Will we ever see those days again Crafty? Along came Big Bob and back we went to selling players and replacing them on the cheap. And we are still doing it now. I got the same feeling when Earnshaw went as I had 40 years before when Curran was sold to Wolves. The only difference is now I’m too old to cry. So as a fan do I behave differently now just because it’s your sozzled old cook and not Watling or Chase? Was I a fan with backbone for 30 years only to become spineless for the last 10? Maybe the truth is that those fans who shout the odds on here but are so so quiet at places like Portaloo that are the real spineless majority?

[/quote]

Was I at Highbury the night of the league cup win ? You bet I was (being a student in London at the time) and remeber how Arsenal tried to kick us off the park in the second half resulting in Big Dunc getting  carried off with a collapsed lung. I was also at the Chelsea first leg of the semi-final and both the fogged off second leg and the replay of that when steve Govier headed us to our first Wembley appearance.

I also remember the incredible euphoria of dave stinger''s last gasp header to down palace in the penultimate game of that season. I went to Stoke for the last game and needless to say the players didn''t turn up.

In the season we went up I saw us at the old den when Millwall inflicted our first defeat of the season. I thought then we''d go up as we played with a resolve I hadn''t seen in previous City teams. Jimmy Bone was an inspired buy and the goal he scored at the Valley was a dream to behold. he took the ball down the left flank and was being jockeyed by two Charlton defenders. Suddenly Jimmy knocks the ball between them and zoomed away to carry it into the penalty area and knock it past the keeper. Then off to Brisbane Road when promotion was clinched against Leyton Orient. Wonderful memories which makes the current situation so painful.

Yes we have always been a selling club and you''re right to imply that we always seem to sell cheap. I''ll never forget my angst when we sold Ron davies to Southampton for £66K shortly after wrexham has sold Wynn Davies, afar inferior player IMO, to Newcastle for £100K. Again I agree our most flambouyant era was under the South/Bond regime and some of the olden oldies were masterful signings. Mind you martin peter''s debut on a snowy night at Hillsborough wasn''t too inspiring but it bought us a 1-0 win and made the drive back to Norwich through a blizzard worth the effort. I personally think Bob Chase gets a bhattering he largely doesn''t deserve. Our most successful spell as a club was under his chairmanship and I don''t think he sold anyone for less than their value. Remeber how angry Fergie was when we wouldn''t just sell Bruce to them for any old fee and how Watson''s move to Everton lead our captain to threaten to go on strike if we didn''t agree a deal. £5M for Sutton was a record at the time and others also fetched top fees.

I certainly don''t regard you as spineless Nutty but I am perplexed at your seemingly unquestioning support of a board that is on the verge of taking this club back to where they were just before I first started waching them . It hurts and i don''t see why they shouldn''t be held accountable for their mis-management of our beloved club.  

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

Well I reckon you''re wrong on all three counts...

I''d love to chat longer but I have more entertaining posters to reply to. Trying to keep up with you is so...................bori............ beyond me.........[|-)]...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[quote user="crafty canary"]

Was I at Highbury the night of the league cup win ? You bet I was (being a student in London at the time) and remeber how Arsenal tried to kick us off the park in the second half resulting in Big Dunc getting  carried off with a collapsed lung. I was also at the Chelsea first leg of the semi-final and both the fogged off second leg and the replay of that when steve Govier headed us to our first Wembley appearance.

I also remember the incredible euphoria of dave stinger''s last gasp header to down palace in the penultimate game of that season. I went to Stoke for the last game and needless to say the players didn''t turn up.

In the season we went up I saw us at the old den when Millwall inflicted our first defeat of the season. I thought then we''d go up as we played with a resolve I hadn''t seen in previous City teams. Jimmy Bone was an inspired buy and the goal he scored at the Valley was a dream to behold. he took the ball down the left flank and was being jockeyed by two Charlton defenders. Suddenly Jimmy knocks the ball between them and zoomed away to carry it into the penalty area and knock it past the keeper. Then off to Brisbane Road when promotion was clinched against Leyton Orient. Wonderful memories which makes the current situation so painful.

Yes we have always been a selling club and you''re right to imply that we always seem to sell cheap. I''ll never forget my angst when we sold Ron davies to Southampton for £66K shortly after wrexham has sold Wynn Davies, afar inferior player IMO, to Newcastle for £100K. Again I agree our most flambouyant era was under the South/Bond regime and some of the olden oldies were masterful signings. Mind you martin peter''s debut on a snowy night at Hillsborough wasn''t too inspiring but it bought us a 1-0 win and made the drive back to Norwich through a blizzard worth the effort. I personally think Bob Chase gets a bhattering he largely doesn''t deserve. Our most successful spell as a club was under his chairmanship and I don''t think he sold anyone for less than their value. Remeber how angry Fergie was when we wouldn''t just sell Bruce to them for any old fee and how Watson''s move to Everton lead our captain to threaten to go on strike if we didn''t agree a deal. £5M for Sutton was a record at the time and others also fetched top fees.

I certainly don''t regard you as spineless Nutty but I am perplexed at your seemingly unquestioning support of a board that is on the verge of taking this club back to where they were just before I first started waching them . It hurts and i don''t see why they shouldn''t be held accountable for their mis-management of our beloved club.  

[/quote]

Great memories  from Highbury Crafty. I missed the first leg of the semi-final because I couldn’t make the re-arranged date. I was already at work by then and had arranged the time off for the original date only for the coach to be turned round before we left Norwich. I reckon that tie was jinxed because the second leg was abandoned when we were just a few minutes from Wembley. It all worked out in the end though. Do you remember the FA Cup from that season? We got knocked out in the 3rd round by Leeds but after two 1-1 draws the tie went to a second replay at Villa Park. I went that night and we got thumped 5-0 by a Leeds side who could do no wrong. It could have been more than 5 had it not been for Keelan. Over 100,000 watched the three games! After the game we waited for our train at Villa Park station with the Leeds fans just the other side of the track. It seemed we were out numbered by about 50 to 1 and I remember thinking it was probably a good thing they’d won and was relieved as hell when our train arrived.

I am not a great critic of Chase. Sir Arthur was my man because in his era we actually signed established players that other clubs wanted but you are right that although Chase sold players he did get top dollar for them. Unfortunately  he didn’t re-invest that money on quality but he didn’t always have to because of the unprecedented amount of good players coming through our youth system. I believe the current lot have also sold well. They got top dollar for Ashton considering he is so injury prone. They even made a profit on Chris Brown. What I do think though is that since Worthy went we haven’t really brought any players good enough to move the club forward. Grant had money but totally wasted it and then Roeder thought he could be clever and get players through the loan market. There was some merit in that but he took it too far. I don’t have unquestioning support of the board, I just refuse to blame them for what I don’t believe is their fault. I find it absolutely incredible that fans can accuse Delia of being an Ipswich fan after she has put her money into the club she supports. Keep it real. Grant was a huge mistake and Roeder couldn’t deliver. I can keep saying it but they have already admitted it. They held their hands up to that. What do you actually want me to do Crafty? I think they messed up and they admit they messed up. Now I can understand people wanting more, a pound of flesh if you like, but you can’t sack them, can you?

[/quote]

Great memories  from Highbury Crafty. I missed the first leg of the semi-final because I couldn’t make the re-arranged date. I was already at work by then and had arranged the time off for the original date only for the coach to be turned round before we left Norwich. I reckon that tie was jinxed because the second leg was abandoned when we were just a few minutes from Wembley. It all worked out in the end though. Do you remember the FA Cup from that season? We got knocked out in the 3rd round by Leeds but after two 1-1 draws the tie went to a second replay at Villa Park. I went that night and we got thumped 5-0 by a Leeds side who could do no wrong. It could have been more than 5 had it not been for Keelan. Over 100,000 watched the three games! After the game we waited for our train at Villa Park station with the Leeds fans just the other side of the track. It seemed we were out numbered by about 50 to 1 and I remember thinking it was probably a good thing they’d won and was relieved as hell when our train arrived.

I am not a great critic of Chase. Sir Arthur was my man because in his era we actually signed established players that other clubs wanted but you are right that although Chase sold players he did get top dollar for them. Unfortunately  he didn’t re-invest that money on quality but he didn’t always have to because of the unprecedented amount of good players coming through our youth system. I believe the current lot have also sold well. They got top dollar for Ashton considering he is so injury prone. They even made a profit on Chris Brown. What I do think though is that since Worthy went we haven’t really brought any players good enough to move the club forward. Grant had money but totally wasted it and then Roeder thought he could be clever and get players through the loan market. There was some merit in that but he took it too far. I don’t have unquestioning support of the board, I just refuse to blame them for what I don’t believe is their fault. I find it absolutely incredible that fans can accuse Delia of being an Ipswich fan after she has put her money into the club she supports. Keep it real. Grant was a huge mistake and Roeder couldn’t deliver. I can keep saying it but they have already admitted it. They held their hands up to that. What do you actually want me to do Crafty? I think they messed up and they admit they messed up. Now I can understand people wanting more, a pound of flesh if you like, but you can’t sack them, can you?

[/quote]

We physically cant sack them but we can apply pressure on them to realise that we are not happy with things! This will hopefully result in them trying to sell the club a bit more proactively.

We physically cant sack them but we can apply pressure on them to realise that we are not happy with things! This will hopefully result in them trying to sell the club a bit more proactively.

[/quote]

Indeed we can. Especially if we don''t believe they are doing enough to attract the much needed investment. I personally think they are trying harder than most people give them credit for. However if you believe that applying this pressure will speed things up then why isn''t it happening?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t go to the two replays against leeds in the FA Cup but do vividly remember the radio reporter''s summing up after the match as describing Keelan''s performance as the difference between being thrashed and being humiliated.

Whilst we bought in some very good old warriors in the Bond/South and Brown/South eras I still feel we had our best times under Chase due to the superb crop of youngsters that came through the ranks. Our 3 highest league finishes, two FA Cup semis and of course the Bayern Munich matches are unlikely to be repeated, certainly not in my lifetime remaining.

I don''t doubt Delia''s heart is in the right place but I do definitely doubt her competence to oversee the running of a football club. There is no point in saying ''we got it wrong'' if you then make the same mistake over and over. The sin is not to err but in not learning from the error. Hamilton, Walker(part 2), Grant and Roeder have been awful appointments. Worthy almost seems like a fluke now in terms of us winning the championship and Gunny I exclude because he''s just filling a hole in difficult circumstances. When I see his daughter modelling the new away strip I just think of spin doctors believing we are fools. Even Gunny seemed embarrassed by it during his SSN interview. I really see nothing changing whether we stay up or not and wherever we are playing next season another grim struggle seems to be on the cards. I really do hope I''m wrong and that the board will see the need to focus on the football but sadly all I can see is yet more land purchases and catering refurbishments. Still a tense week is to come first and let''s all pray that next Sunday''s game brings a joyful end to another dismally depressing season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"]

The scum have just demonstrated the diference between our clubs. They are 9th and have dumped their CE and brought in a man with a high powered background in sports management and then given their manager the elbow and look as if they might replace him with someone who took a relegation haunted side straight up within the same season. In short, to them 9th is unaceptable and heads have rolled.

In contrast we are in serious danger of relegation, follow failed manager with failed manager before settling on the odd-job man (and I don''t blame Gumnny in the slightest) and have a bog standard solicitor as our CE. Are the fans upset? Do they demand changes? No, they sing "Delia''s Barmy Army" as the sozzled trout parades in front of them following a defeat to our bitterest rivals.

No wonder the scum have finished above us on average 2 years out of every 3 over the whole of their League history. [:(][:(]

[/quote]Now Crafty, that''s a hell of a stat but I''m not going to dispute it. But why you now want to start using that lot down the road as a stick to beat our club with I will never understand. But that amazing stat that you researched is a black mark against a lot more than your pet sozzled old trout. Because for the first 11 years I followed my beloved team we never finished above the scum once. Thanks for reminding me of that! But whose fault was it? Was it the lack of ambition shown by Geoffrey Watling, who to my knowledge only got one meagre goal diffrence finish above the scum in all his years at the helm. No... let''s not dwell on it.

Are you a fan of Roy Keane Crafty? Do you wish he was our manager? Are you jealous of that lot down the road? You''re just another one in a long line this week who criticises the fans. Are you actually criticising yourself too Crafty? Or is it those other fans? All the rest except you, Smudger, Cluck, Arthur and Mr Carrow?

Serious question for you Crafty... do you believe scum fans are better than ours? Because that''s what your post imply''s.

[/quote]

Here`s another interesting stat nutty.  Our average post-war crowd is bigger than theirs despite the fact that they have been the more successful club.  So why do you think they have consistantly,if anything, overachieved whilst we have done the opposite? 

Crafty - It may seem like a fluke but when we wont the Championship in 2004 it certainly wasn''t a fluke. And as much as I loved the Ron Saunders Championship, and it was really special because it was our first time in the top flight, but Worthy''s team won the league far more emphatically and with much more style.

I''m not sure if we will ever see those day''s like we in the 80''s and 90''s again. If football remains like it is we never will. We already know the top four of the Premiership every year but back then different teams filled those places every season. If Chase was here now we wouldn''t be anywhere near where we were. That''s what people fail to realise when they benchmark the past. I''m going to be honest with you now Crafty, I detest the Premiership and the Champions League. They are pale imitations of the old First Division and European Cup. 16 teams every season have no chance of getting close. It will be interesting to see if Manchester City can break into the top four next year, but if thay do it will be through obscene amounts of money. But I''m sure we won''t have the Premiership in it''s present form for too much longer. The gravy train will upsticks and move somewhere else. Possibly the Champions League will become the main League competition throughout Europe and the big clubs will bugger off from their respective leagues and play eachother in games staged all over the world but covered on their own TV channel. Good ridance if they do!

Mr Carrow - If you want to argue Ipswich over Norwich then go find someone else to play with.