Sign in to follow this  
Ben

Petition Requesting the Board and Majority Shareholders Stand Down

I don''t usually post on this forum but I do drop in from time to time to see how the over half live.

I just wanted to alert you to a petition that I have started on WotB. You don''t have to be registered on WotB to sign it so I would like to invite everyone here to add you name if you agree that it is time for the current board and majority shareholders to step aside for the good of our club.

We''re staring squarely in the face of relegation and the prospect of

spending the next decade playing football in League One or lower.

There will be no squad to build on for next season and no money to start again.

Upon

relegation it is likely that we''ll sink to the bottom of League One and

face another tough battle just to avoid dropping into League Two.

Regardless

of what Neil Doncaster might try and spin, relegation will bring with

it the very real prospect of administration and a 10 point penalty. It

happened to Luton and it can happen to us.

I don''t

believe in burying my head in the sand and simply having faith in a

miracle happening. It saddens me when others, the board included, seem

to take that attitude.

The time has come for the fans to

united and demand the current board and majority shareholders stand

aside to allow our club the best possible chance to build a successful

future.

Without fresh investment there is no hope for

our football club and without the current shareholders showing a

willingness to accepting only a nominal price for their shares there

will be no one willing to invest.

I implore all fans of

Norwich City Football Club to sign the below petition requesting that

the current board and shareholders revise their valuation of the club

and step aside now so there might be time to attract fresh investment

before the start of next season.

Sign the petition here

signed, and some very good comments by a lot of signees already. looks like we enough people may be at last getting fed up with this current bunch of incompetents to collectively persuade them to go

[quote user="Gary"]Who do you expect to replace them?

(For the hundredth time)
[/quote]

Exactly. An entire board of directors cannot simply step down - who''s going to run the club?!

[quote user="Cottaging Canary"]

[quote user="Gary"]Who do you expect to replace them?

(For the hundredth time)
[/quote]

Exactly. An entire board of directors cannot simply step down - who''s going to run the club?!

[/quote]

One thing''s for sure, nothing''s going to change if we don''t put them under pressure.

"Let''s not try in case we don''t succeed" - you sum up the attitude that''s got us into this mess in the first place. 

So what happens if the "Board and Majority Shareholders" do stand down?  (And how, exactly, does a shareholder "stand down" as shareholder, anyway?).    The Turners'' loans and the bank debt would then become repayable immediately.   Cullum has said he''s not interested at present (which may or may not be true).  In the absence of new investment from some undisclosed source (and it''s not a great time to be looking) the club goes into administration.  And, just for the record, administration doesn''t always mean a nwe club rising from the ashes.   There have been clubs that go under altogether.

I''m no Board apologist, and might sign if there were a constructive way forward.  And no, I don''t have a solution.  I''ve posted on here in the past about the "Barcelona" model, which would be my personal preference, but the feedback is invariably that most people don''t have or wouldn''t be prepared to put up their own cash.  At the moment, yes, things look pretty hopeless.   But that still doesn''t mean putting the loaded revolver to our own heads and shouting "Resign or I shoot" is necessarily the best course.

The board could resign and be replaced by others willing to run the club without any change in shareholdings! It''s got to the stage where that seems the only option.

As it stands we are heading not just for League One but League Two as well.

We will have no squad come the end of the season...and no money to buy a new one with! And who would want to come and play for a club in our state anyway!

Of course the Board could resign in which case a minimum of about £25m quid becomes immediately repayable.  Who is going to find that money appears unexplained in the debates so far.

Shareholders are not going to stand down and have somebody else decide how their money is spent. Would you?

[quote user="Felixfan"]Shareholders are not going to stand down and have somebody else decide how their money is spent. Would you?[/quote]

Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster hold diddly squat shares between them,it is somewhere around 300 yes 300 between them.

That is the Chairman and the Chief Executive or looking at it another way 40% of the Board.

So you are telling me that those two being replaced is not realistic are you?

No the reason they will not stand down is the 200K one receives and the 25K the other gets.

It wont matter in a few weeks whether there''s anyone to replace them or not. We''ll be relegated and in administration, and the only people who can realitically do anything about it sit behind their keyboards and complain that we don''t have a secure form of investment ready to take over. Can I just ask, what makes you think we have one NOW?!

If enough pressure is put on the board they will be dying to sell. It needs to get ugly outside carrow road and then they will accept a lower offer. Either that or when we are relegated and they have completed their (job) the club will be worth bugger all so they would lose even more money. Lets get together. PROTEST NOW!

Let''s not bloody argue about the merits or the efficacy of a petition, PLEASE. Sign it - and then at least - providing enough fans do so, of course - the board get the message loud and clear that people have had a gutful of their feeble efforts and are crying out for sweeping changes! Don''t sign, don''t protest, and the board will feel that they can just plod along dribbling funds to the manager for as long as they like, until our once great club is Fourth Division.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]

So what happens if the "Board and Majority Shareholders" do stand down?  (And how, exactly, does a shareholder "stand down" as shareholder, anyway?).    The Turners'' loans and the bank debt would then become repayable immediately.   Cullum has said he''s not interested at present (which may or may not be true).  In the absence of new investment from some undisclosed source (and it''s not a great time to be looking) the club goes into administration.  And, just for the record, administration doesn''t always mean a nwe club rising from the ashes.   There have been clubs that go under altogether.

I''m no Board apologist, and might sign if there were a constructive way forward.  And no, I don''t have a solution.  I''ve posted on here in the past about the "Barcelona" model, which would be my personal preference, but the feedback is invariably that most people don''t have or wouldn''t be prepared to put up their own cash.  At the moment, yes, things look pretty hopeless.   But that still doesn''t mean putting the loaded revolver to our own heads and shouting "Resign or I shoot" is necessarily the best course.

[/quote]

If there were a "constructive way forward" there is absolutely no reason why we would know anything about it.  How did we find out about Cullums approach at the very time the club were telling us "nobody`s interested in Champs clubs"?  Given the negative reaction Cullum got for going public, do you think other interested parties would?

Some great comments on that petition, well done Ben for getting it started on the WOTB.

I thought that the e:mail addresses were being hidden from the club Ben?

May be my mistake?  But I thought this is what I read?

Imagine my shock when I received an e:mail off Doomy Doncaster in my business inbox this morning.

Has to be said that it didn''t stop me sending one back telling him that things have gone a little too far for the patronising tones of "who else"

I finished my response off with something along the lines of when is he going to get his over-inflated salary off the clubs wage bill.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]My problem with these online petitions is that the people they are aimed at never actually see them so are oblivious to there existance.
[/quote]

Well Doomy has definitely seen it INCH_HIGH [;)]

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]

[/quote]

Name one.

signed it and the more that do the better.  May get some press coverage.  Big protest needed march 14th at Plymouth game.  Protesting hasnt harmed southampton players performances

[quote user="cityangel"]Some great comments on that petition, well done Ben for getting it started on the WOTB.[/quote]

Yes and well done for letting Neil Doomy email my private account. [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Imagine my shock when I received an e:mail off Doomy Doncaster in my business inbox this morning.

Has to be said that it didn''t stop me sending one back telling him that things have gone a little too far for the patronising tones of "who else"

I finished my response off with something along the lines of when is he going to get his over-inflated salary off the clubs wage bill.

[/quote]

I got the same thing, and have to say I am fuming about it.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t worry Jane... speak to me on Thursday... I have an idea for payback... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t worry Jane... speak to me on Thursday... I have an idea for payback... [;)]

[/quote]

Jane?  Who''s Jane lol. 

Anyhow, they say revenge is a desert best served cold, so it should be niely chilled by then lol

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Empty Mirror"]

[/quote]

Name one.

[/quote]Maidstone. Gretna. Aldershot. Scarborough. All football league clubs in the last 20 years. Although new versions of these clubs do exist, they are not the same clubs, some play at different grounds, and they all had to start at a very low level in the football pyramid.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jane?  Who''s Jane lol. 

Anyhow, they say revenge is a desert best served cold, so it should be niely chilled by then lol

[/quote]

Sorry... me losing my marbles and getting you confused with Gazza... [:$]

You should see the response I got WAY... it just goes to show why this man is not worth talking to.

I will not bite back again until Thursday night though.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jane?  Who''s Jane lol. 

[/quote]

Sorry... me losing my marbles and getting you confused with Gazza... [:$]

You should see the response I got WAY... it just goes to show why this man is not worth talking to.

I will not bite back again until Thursday night though.

[/quote]

lol that''s ok, Jane''s a nice name, just not mine hehehehe.

lol we probably got a similar reply from him.  I have yet to reply, have to calm myself down first and gather my thoughts.  But it will be a cracker  [:O][;)]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Empty Mirror"]

[/quote]

Name one.

[/quote]
Maidstone. Gretna. Aldershot. Scarborough. All football league clubs in the last 20 years. Although new versions of these clubs do exist, they are not the same clubs, some play at different grounds, and they all had to start at a very low level in the football pyramid.
[/quote]

Then they all still exist.

Kind of contradicting yourself there aren''t you???

See where I am coming from???

If we don''t get shot of what we have got then we are on a one way route to the lower reaches of the football league pyramid too... it will just take a helol of a lot longer for us to get there and so rise up again.

PS - When it comes to comparing a club that gets 25,000 fans rammed in every week to the likes of Maidstone, Gretna, Aldershot and Scarborough do you not feel a little ashamed??? [:$]