Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Lupoli Ready To Move On.

From the Norwich page on the BBC site.

Lupoli threatens to quit Canaries

Norwich City''s on-loan striker Arturo Lupoli says he will leave the club if he continues to be left out.

The Italian, on loan from Fiorentina till the end of the season, has not started a league game since November.

"There are clubs interested in me," the 21-year-old told BBC Radio Norfolk. "I cannot sit on the bench here. I will go somewhere else."

"I''m full of energy and want to play. I have been very patient for two or three months and now is the time to play."

The former Arsenal player arrived from Fiorentina in the summer and quickly made an impact, scoring twice after coming on a substitute to earn a 2-2 draw at Cardiff in only his fourth game for the club.

But he has only started six league games this season and has not even made the bench for some recent games, to his evident frustration.

"If it doesn''t change here I will have to find something else but I really hope it will change in the next month or so," he added.

Well with Lita looking unlikely to return, Sibierski going back mid month and Roeder''s unwillingness to give any of the kids a go, i''d say he''s pretty much guaranteed some starts in the next month!

GR should learn to be the bigger person, stop being such a know it all and give the lad a chance.  If he goes what other realistic and proven scorers have we up front?

So that''s no Lita or Cureton (GR says he will stay on loan at Barnsley)and now Lupoli looks to have burned his boats, Koroma is injured so it''s over to you Mr Russell.

Can''t blame Lupoli one bit as hes not been given a fair chance here!

Hes scored 4 goals and has hardly played yet Roeder(nowhere) would rather play Russell out of position up front and it has cost us!

As I''v said on here a couple of times before this is exactly what Glenn wants. He wants Lupoli to sort himself a move away from the club by freezing him out as much as possible.

He obviously thinks that he could sign (loan) someone who''d contribute more with the money he''d save from Lupoli going.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Ditto [:@]

GR is really a ******le in the highest degree, tactically naive ****

[/quote]

I''m shocked 49'' and such a nice photo too.[:$][;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Ditto [:@]

GR is really a ******le in the highest degree, tactically naive ****

[/quote]

I''m shocked 49'' and such a nice photo too.[:$][;)]

[/quote]

lol ooopssssssssyyyyyyyy [:$]

I can''t help myself sometimes, it just comes out, sorta like my rant at Doomy not so long back, open mouth.......insert foot lol

[quote user="cityangel"]Think that interview spells goodbye Loopi [:)][/quote]

Agreed CA, and I wouldn''t blame the lad for leaving at all.  In fact good luck to him.

Fair play to Lupoli I say. Like he says, he''s been patient and bitten on his tongue for three months while watching Russell, Fotheringham and Sibierski play up front - especially if other clubs are sniffing around him. I think if I were in Lupoli''s position, I''d have snapped about now and I also think this is the final straw that has snapped my support for Roeder as a fan. I was very happy when he came here and he came with a good track record and a big contacts list - but he''s just bumbling from one bad decision to a poor tactical mistake to a rude interview to the next. Getting Henville, Lupoli and OJ in on loan and THEN deciding they''re not good enough should probably warrant the label of Chuckle Brother by itself. Can you think of any other club in the football league who would loan a player for a season, pay his wages and then send him back to his parent club whilst continuing to fund him?! I also feel that due to all the relegation worries and in-fighting and boardroom angst, Roeder''s escaped with something very lightly - namely sending Huckerby packing when he would have stayed at vastly reduced wages, loved the club and was a brilliant player.

I know I''ve gone way of topic here but I really do think I''ve had enough from Roeder. I''ve given him the benefit of the doubt time and time again. Maybe this is the first crack in the dressing room and more will follow?

Good luck to him, i think he let rodent off lightly with that interview. The way he''s been treated is an absolute joke. Hopefully rodent will be gone before arturo and then we might bring in a manager who shows his players a bit of respect and knows how to instill belief in them. Then again with the equally incompetent delia and co''s record of going for the cheapest option possible i don''t hold out much hope.

I just don''t get it. We are cronically short of strikers and STILL Roeder refuses to use him, instead using midfielders to fill the gap.

I don''t care if he''s alittle lightweight or not, hes still a striker and one of the few we have left. Would you call out an electrician to fix your taps? No, so stop playing midfielders as centre forwards.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

I just don''t get it. We are cronically short of strikers and STILL Roeder refuses to use him, instead using midfielders to fill the gap.

I don''t care if he''s alittle lightweight or not, hes still a striker and one of the few we have left. Would you call out an electrician to fix your taps? No, so stop playing midfielders as centre forwards.

[/quote]

Agree wholeheartedly

[quote user="Grando"]Bring on Russell and the Doc up front. A terrifying strike partnership![/quote]

That strike partnership could work in our favour though. Think about it, the opposition defense will be so busy rolling on the floor laughing at the threat, we could sneak past them all and score (provided the opposition keeper shares the same sense of humour as his team mates).

[/quote]

As I said earlier in the thread, he wants him out. By treating him like this he wants Lupoli to find himself another club and use the money that''s paying for Lupoli to pay for someone else.

Am I the only person who can see that''s what he''s trying to do?

You may be right, his wages could pay for someone else''s, but it won''t get the loan fee back and it won''t help find the money for new fee''s. It would be interesting to know how much the fee''s and wages totalled on the loanee''s that haven''t worked out.

Sorry to hear that Lupoli might be moving on - it''s amazing that so many now think he is worth his place in the team. For many months I''ve been reading and listening to demands for a big target man to play up front. Tried a few - does it work - not on your life

Lita was doing well- not a target man, Cureton was ok but missed far too many chances

If you want a slow target man, unable to run the channels then use Doherty - some seem to think he can''t defend - but he would be just as mobile as Dublin - or Hartson?

Citys biggest problem is in midfield - Patteson and Hoolagan don''t knw how to create space, and then hide from the ball

Clingham looks ok but needs to have movement a head of him - people wanting the ball - I still yearn for a Safri type player who keeps the ball moving forwards, releases it early and brings the forward players into the action

Its nice to see Chris Brown now has some fans - I never saw him miss a chance for City - never got any service from a stagnant midfield. It all happens in midfield so lets just organise this area and get the flow of chances going again.

The next 5 games are vital to our season - don''t dare look at the top of the table games after that -Wolves was a one off.....dreaming of avoiding the drop....

[quote user="Grando"]Bring on Russell and the Doc up front. A terrifying strike partnership![/quote]

That strike partnership could work in our favour though. Think about it, the opposition defense will be so busy rolling on the floor laughing at the threat, we could sneak past them all and score (provided the opposition keeper shares the same sense of humour as his team mates).

[/quote]still a slight problem, there''s this other obsticle, i think called ''the goal'', u need to get the ball in there, still, 0-0''s for the rest of the year could be enough