Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

To all those people who say "We can't afford to sack Roeder".....

one question , how the ***k do you know ?!, what are you all company accountants for NCFC?, or are you perhaps plucking figures out of thin air and guessing? because unless the answer to my previous question is "yes" no one can know.

I''m pretty sure any football club writes into it''s contracts financial contingencies for terminating employment, just as Watford, Charlton and now Forest have this season.

Why?

Because 2 big shareholders pulled out a few months ago, we had to sell a player to ensure we had enough to cash to keep us going, and it''s a well known confirmed fact that we haven''t got alot, if any funds at all to use in the transfer market.

Hardly the signs of a club aflush with cash.

Yes, a classic message ,the type of which I''ve referred to in my original post. Your''e reeling off all of these factors but you don''t actually know HOW MUCH it would cost. As ametuerish as our pathetic board of directors are, I don''t believe that even they would keep a manager on if results continue to slide because they "couldn''t afford to sack him".

No board of directors in any industry in any walk of life would keep a manager on if results were clearly not as they should be.

This is 3 ****ing questions, i cant handle this nay more aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Yes, a classic message ,the type of which I''ve referred to in my original post. Your''e reeling off all of these factors but you don''t actually know HOW MUCH it would cost. .

[/quote]

No we don''t know how much he gets paid but lets assume he doesn''t earn less than £8k pw, he''s under contract until Oct 2010 so thats nearly 2 years to go which means we''d about need £800k which we haven''t got [:)]

Equally no-one knows that we CAN afford to sack him. It would be an expensive business: paying off Roeder, probably Stephenson, Sadler and perhaps even Wright. Employing a new management team, possibly paying compo for the new coaching team. None of which would address the fundamental problem that the company has.

Yes, a classic message ,the type of which I''ve referred to in my original post. Your''e reeling off all of these factors but you don''t actually know HOW MUCH it would cost. As ametuerish as our pathetic board of directors are, I don''t believe that even they would keep a manager on if results continue to slide because they "couldn''t afford to sack him".

No board of directors in any industry in any walk of life would keep a manager on if results were clearly not as they should be.

[/quote]

So why do you not send Delia & Doomcaster your question then?

How much would it cost?

What do you think the answer that you get would be???

(A)  More than we can afford

(B)  £15.99 to pay our receptionist to type up a letter giving him his marching orders (we will get her on to the case after she returns from her Christmas holiday)

(C)  Lots of mumbo jumbo, spin and pure damn lies which tell us nothing more than we already know

(D)  How can you expect us to bring a new manager in when we can not even fund the signing of a proven striker for a 2 month loan period

[quote user="Reg Presley"]Equally no-one knows that we CAN afford to sack him. It would be an expensive business: paying off Roeder, probably Stephenson, Sadler and perhaps even Wright. Employing a new management team, possibly paying compo for the new coaching team. None of which would address the fundamental problem that the company has.
[/quote]

I reckon Reg has got it about right. We don''t know for sure that we would have to pay Roeder off but we do know that we eould have to hand over a certain ammount of cash to take someone elses manager and backroom staff.

The fact that we payed Wortyh 600k to sling his hook is a pretty bad indicator in my book.

If they were sure that they thought that it was the right thing to do, I am sure that they could find the money. Most likely, it would come through the sale of an asset - probably  a player.

We cant afford to loan lita, let aloan buy him... (We''ll find a way with that) So ofcourse we''re not going to waste money on sacking a DECENT manager he will do well enough eventually, we''re getting there, the football is imporving, the goals are adding up... Stop saying sack roeder, he''s not going.

[quote user="max"]We cant afford to loan lita, let aloan buy him... (We''ll find a way with that) So ofcourse we''re not going to waste money on sacking a DECENT manager he will do well enough eventually, we''re getting there, the football is imporving, the goals are adding up... Stop saying sack roeder, he''s not going.[/quote]Agree completely. People moan  when we play well and lose and moan when we play badly and win. We are not Barcelona, we won''t get both result and performance all of the time.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]I would rather we played well than started playing like Stoke but winning.
[/quote]

So you''d rather see pretty football and lose?

At this time I''d sooner have results than see pretty football and gain bugger all, thanks everso lol [:D]

Makes you wonder why he was given a three year contract in the first place [Newcastle only gave him a 2 year contract] I''m sure I read somewhere -  managers last an average of 14 months, so a 3 year contract is and was a clear mistake

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="max"]We cant afford to loan lita, let aloan buy him... (We''ll find a way with that) So ofcourse we''re not going to waste money on sacking a DECENT manager he will do well enough eventually, we''re getting there, the football is imporving, the goals are adding up... Stop saying sack roeder, he''s not going.[/quote]
Agree completely. People moan  when we play well and lose and moan when we play badly and win. We are not Barcelona, we won''t get both result and performance all of the time.
[/quote]

Thanks, yes i know what you mean... Why do people expect us to beat palace who are on a 8-game unbeaten run? And then when we loose come out with thee'' olde'' "sack roeder" or "sack delia" or "sack the board", It''s chaotic... All over a AWAY game, that we was clearly going to loose, im just glad we scored and played well.. People expect to much from ncfc, the sooner people put their expectations lower, the sooner they will be pleased, thanks :)

[quote user="max"]

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="max"]We cant afford to loan lita, let aloan buy him... (We''ll find a way with that) So ofcourse we''re not going to waste money on sacking a DECENT manager he will do well enough eventually, we''re getting there, the football is imporving, the goals are adding up... Stop saying sack roeder, he''s not going.[/quote]Agree completely. People moan  when we play well and lose and moan when we play badly and win. We are not Barcelona, we won''t get both result and performance all of the time.[/quote]

Thanks, yes i know what you mean... Why do people expect us to beat palace who are on a 8-game unbeaten run? And then when we loose come out with thee'' olde'' "sack roeder" or "sack delia" or "sack the board", It''s chaotic... All over a AWAY game, that we was clearly going to loose, im just glad we scored and played well.. People expect to much from ncfc, the sooner people put their expectations lower, the sooner they will be pleased, thanks :)

[/quote]

[quote user="max"]

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="max"]We cant afford to loan lita, let aloan buy him... (We''ll find a way with that) So ofcourse we''re not going to waste money on sacking a DECENT manager he will do well enough eventually, we''re getting there, the football is imporving, the goals are adding up... Stop saying sack roeder, he''s not going.[/quote]Agree completely. People moan  when we play well and lose and moan when we play badly and win. We are not Barcelona, we won''t get both result and performance all of the time.[/quote]

[/quote]I''m not sure that''s strictly true, I don''t have any expectations whatsoever anymore and yet I''m still disappointed

[quote user="max"]

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="max"]We cant afford to loan lita, let aloan buy him... (We''ll find a way with that) So ofcourse we''re not going to waste money on sacking a DECENT manager he will do well enough eventually, we''re getting there, the football is imporving, the goals are adding up... Stop saying sack roeder, he''s not going.[/quote]
Agree completely. People moan  when we play well and lose and moan when we play badly and win. We are not Barcelona, we won''t get both result and performance all of the time.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t expect us to beat Palace but neither did I expect us to lose.  We were playing the bang average Crystal Palace, not Liverpool or Chelsea.  And the longer an unbeaten run goes on, the more the pressure builds up and the harder it is to keep it going, as any self-respecting football supporter ought to know.

If by "lowering expectations" you mean we should go into any game in this division, home or away, expecting to lose, you should be ashamed of yourself.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Give me results every time [:)][/quote]

Buy a paper.

City Angel - But how do you know we have not got the money to sack GR?. For all anybody knows we might have money stashed away for that very eventuality, which contributes to the lack of funds to buy players....... On the other hand if you are privy to the actual detail of our finances I bow to your superior knowledge....

one question , how the ***k do you know ?!, what are you all company accountants for NCFC?, or are you perhaps plucking figures out of thin air and guessing? because unless the answer to my previous question is "yes" no one can know.

I''m pretty sure any football club writes into it''s contracts financial contingencies for terminating employment, just as Watford, Charlton and now Forest have this season.

[/quote]

So there we have it !!, we could afford to sack him all along !!. So once again ,to all those who kept saying "we couldn''t" - you really don''t know.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

So there we have it !!, we could afford to sack him all along !!. So once again ,to all those who kept saying "we couldn''t" - you really don''t know.

[/quote]

Worth a read!

I really hate people who are being smug and dig out old posts to say " I told you so" 

In doing so, you''ve made yourself look pretty pathetic!!