Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

It's the fans that go for a 'good day out'

that are to blame. There is a family that sit in front of me at Carrow Road that go for a ''good day out''. Even if city have been thrashed they always react in the same way'' at least we''ve had a nice time'' [:@] It is fans like that who are partly at fault. It is fans like that De-LIAR loves, she knows that she can serve up the same ol crap and these happy clappy chappies will keep turning up in their droves. If everything was all fine and dandy then I would welcome these fans but its not. We are in a mess and people like that are not helping. There are posters on this m/b (e.g. WAY49) who have''nt turned up for a long time out of pure desperation, fans like that should be applauded. Once this horrific season has ended then I believe the number of season tickets will decrease and De-LIAR will not be happy. After the Ipswich game it is very unlikely that I will attend many more games this season and my above arguement is the reason why. Dont even bother replying with the arguement that ''poor delia is trying oh so hard to sell the club, woe is her''. She has only just starting the process of looking for a buyer. She set out the criteria, which Cullum met. To the best of my knowledge she didnt even meet him [N]  Lets hope that on Sunday we get the best result for the future of OUR club.

what do you expect the family in front of you to do ?  spend a fortune and hate every minute of it ? if they enjoy themselves so what ?its up to them, maybe they are contented in other aspects of there lives   and   going to the game is just something they do together on a  saturday. it doesn`t mean they care any less than you do, who are you to look down on them ? each to there own

[quote user="wayne kerr"]what do you expect the family in front of you to do ?  spend a fortune and hate every minute of it ? if they enjoy themselves so what ?its up to them, maybe they are contented in other aspects of there lives   and   going to the game is just something they do together on a  saturday. it doesn`t mean they care any less than you do, who are you to look down on them ? each to there own[/quote]I appreciate they have paid their money (I wouldnt!) to watch us. But to react to a defeat with ''at least we''ve had nice day out'' cant be right can it?

well i`ve had some good days out on the back of a defeat ,straight down the pub get hammered last train back to lowestoft  by the time i get home i can`t even remember if we won or lost,  i bet that family don`t go there hoping we lose against ipswich like some people on here, now that really can`t be right  can it ?

They pay the same amount as you and if they see the game as a family day out then that''s up to them. Do you reckon they ever turn up hoping that we will lose? When they do that will they finally meet your criteria of what it is to be a true fan?People go to football matches for a variety of reasons. Some like the banter between people they''ve sat with for years. Some just want to be entertained. Some want a nice day out. Some let their mood for the next few days get influenced by the performances of a bunch of overpaid strangers. None of them are wrong.Chill out CT it''s only a game [:D]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="wayne kerr"]what do you expect the family in front of you to do ?  spend a fortune and hate every minute of it ? if they enjoy themselves so what ?its up to them, maybe they are contented in other aspects of there lives   and   going to the game is just something they do together on a  saturday. it doesn`t mean they care any less than you do, who are you to look down on them ? each to there own[/quote]

I appreciate they have paid their money (I wouldnt!) to watch us.
[/quote]

What, I thought you had a season ticket. In which case you would spend your money to watch us ...

Maybe they''re not overly concerned about the performance or quality of the football?......Just out to enjoy the event - regardless of the result......Then off to Pizza Hut, Cinema and then home....

I can kind of see your point, back in the days where we never use to have a full ground and first round cup matches only use to get crowds of 5-7000 (they didnt even open the upper tiers) these fans were no where to be seen. I think the club has gone from a working mans sport/club to what it is today, be it a family day out for the middle class "norfolk" folk coming up from london in their volvo estates or chelsea tractors at weekends visiting their holiday homes on the north norfolk coast, picking the kids up from prep school on the way!

Agree with Football 101.

At the end of the day, all sport really is is entertainment. Really think about it, otherwise pro sportsman wouldn''t get paid what they do.

Unlike you CT, I will always support Norwich through thick and thin, and keep going to the games. I go each week because a) i want us to win; but also b) to be entertained. If Norwich lose, OK noone in the ground is pleased, but at the end of the day its only football. If the players have given their all, and entertained the fans, I can''t ask for anymore.

Although aware this may be a controversial stance.

[quote user="CT "]that are to blame.

There is a family that sit in front of me at Carrow Road that go for a ''good day out''. Even if city have been thrashed they always react in the same way
'' at least we''ve had a nice time'' [:@]

It is fans like that who are partly at fault. It is fans like that De-LIAR loves, she knows that she can serve up the same ol crap and these happy clappy chappies will keep turning up in their droves.

If everything was all fine and dandy then I would welcome these fans but its not. We are in a mess and people like that are not helping.
There are posters on this m/b (e.g. WAY49) who have''nt turned up for a long time out of pure desperation, fans like that should be applauded. Once this horrific season has ended then I believe the number of season tickets will decrease and De-LIAR will not be happy.

After the Ipswich game it is very unlikely that I will attend many more games this season and my above arguement is the reason why.
Dont even bother replying with the arguement that ''poor delia is trying oh so hard to sell the club, woe is her''. She has only just starting the process of looking for a buyer. She set out the criteria, which Cullum met. To the best of my knowledge she didnt even meet him [N]
 Lets hope that on Sunday we get the best result for the future of OUR club.
[/quote]

You go to the games too CT, so are you to blame too? If your there why don''t you do something. A bit like Smudge and his one man protests in the family stand, oh wait.....................

Look, people go and you can''t be too critical

Dam button, ain''t finished.

Look, people go and you can''t be too critical, they pay the money and why should people stop doing what most love, I go for a nice day too, like seeing mates, but I want us to win and I will be supporting the team. I and most people know what the situation is at the club, but if we want to support our team, then we should be allowed.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Agree with Football 101. At the end of the day, all sport really is is entertainment. Really think about it, otherwise pro sportsman wouldn''t get paid what they do. Unlike you CT, I will always support Norwich through thick and thin, and keep going to the games. I go each week because a) i want us to win; but also b) to be entertained. If Norwich lose, OK noone in the ground is pleased, but at the end of the day its only football. If the players have given their all, and entertained the fans, I can''t ask for anymore. Although aware this may be a controversial stance.[/quote]

good god man what are you talking about ? that sort of attitude is almost a throwback to the 1940s  when there was nothing else to do, what do you mean its only football ? what do you mean you hope to win and hope to be entertained ?  you are a paying customer it is your god given right to win and be entertained, i also notice there is no mention in your post about club politics,  the board, delia, the land round the back, the hotel , club merchandise, neil doncaster, sheep , happy clappy apologists and  you haven`t even hinted at a protest about anything, there is even a suggestion that you actually attend matches on a regular basis ?  call yourself  a proper fan of our great club ?

your a disgrace

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Agree with Football 101. At the end of the day, all sport really is is entertainment. Really think about it, otherwise pro sportsman wouldn''t get paid what they do. Unlike you CT, I will always support Norwich through thick and thin, and keep going to the games. I go each week because a) i want us to win; but also b) to be entertained. If Norwich lose, OK noone in the ground is pleased, but at the end of the day its only football. If the players have given their all, and entertained the fans, I can''t ask for anymore. Although aware this may be a controversial stance.[/quote]

It''s quite a normal stance to me but then I''m old and anyway, although no one is more passionate about my clubs than I (my claim) I also have so many wonderful things outside football that, if disappointed on the football side, I can always console myself with other wonderful things.  Also football is a game of chance which cannot be predicted (see Ardee''s pickers or the fact that most of us have never won the football pools week after week) which is possibly why I rather like it, come to think of it.

So while frequently disappointed and occasionally elated over five decades I''ve plenty of other things as important and, sometimes,more important.

That said I naturally expect Colchester to beat Hereford, Lincoln to bring home all three points from Exeter and (also on behalf of Colchester) you lot to tonk Ipswich on Sunday.

Or not as the case may be. [+o(]

If all of us lose I''ll try to survive.  [:P]

PS: I ordered a Lincoln City shirt as a Xmas present to me (yes, yes I know), standard home strip.

Five turned up this morning in separate parcels.  I blame the bloody Manager AND the Directors.

Plonkers.

[8-|]

I have been racking my brains as to why my club is in free fall. I thought ..is it the manager? (I think so) is it the board?. Is it the players on massive salaries that cant be bothered to perform?

NOOO it isnt! Apparently it is the family fans who go for a day out.

Simple answer...Ban them from coming, crowds go down to 12000 at a guess and we satrt winning and get promotion.

I hope the board are reading this solution

[quote user="CT "]

I''m NOT placing all the blame on them (as I''ve already said) i just think that as long as they keep going and filling the stands de-liar doesnt have to change anything. Does she?

[/quote]

Edit button please Pete....

It''s not the fans that go for ''a good day out'' that I blame. Each to the own is what I say. After all said and done what''s wrong with them spending their money on something they enjoy doing. No, for me the blame lays fairly and squarely on those numb skulls who throw their money away each season buying tickets for something they hate doing. Why give the club all that money for an awful afternoon out? Some of them even buy the tickets and then stay at home giving the board their money and leaving their seat empty. Why do they do this? Others buy their tickets and moan for the full 90 minutes and then complain for the entire following week on here about what a waste of money it was. Some even pay over £20 in order to go and protest and get "someone out". For all these people it would be prudent to save their money and get their kicks out of watching a DVD they absolutely hate on a Saturday afternoon or standing on a box on the Haymarket wailing about how "the end of the world is nigh"

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s not the fans that go for ''a good day out'' that I blame. Each to the own is what I say. After all said and done what''s wrong with them spending their money on something they enjoy doing. No, for me the blame lays fairly and squarely on those numb skulls who throw their money away each season buying tickets for something they hate doing. Why give the club all that money for an awful afternoon out? Some of them even buy the tickets and then stay at home giving the board their money and leaving their seat empty. Why do they do this? Others buy their tickets and moan for the full 90 minutes and then complain for the entire following week on here about what a waste of money it was. Some even pay over £20 in order to go and protest and get "someone out". For all these people it would be prudent to save their money and get their kicks out of watching a DVD they absolutely hate on a Saturday afternoon or standing on a box on the Haymarket wailing about how "the end of the world is nigh"

[/quote]

I blame the likes of limp-wristed lily-livered easily pleased fawning sickly sycophantic gullible gonad weak docile dour dormice easily manipulated mummy apron string tugging nancy prancy it''s delia I fancy toenail clipping chewing board apologist flippety floppity celebridee clapping cooky booky buyin luvvin living in la la baa baa land looka me me I''m a troo fan - yippee!

For allowing the club to deteriorate and flounder without so much as a squeak.....Yet, roaring like an ageing lion that''s got a recently consumed Wildebeest''s hind quarter wedged sideways in its back passage when it''s trying to defecate....When a gaggle of those nasty sneerin'' supposed fan folk dare to criticise and question those that should be treated in the highest of esteem and gratitude, for they are the life-blood of Carra - and without them they would be no NCFC.....Yes Soiree! It''s a butt-kiss boardist''s life for me! 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I blame the likes of limp-wristed lily-livered easily pleased fawning sickly sycophantic gullible gonad weak docile dour dormice easily manipulated mummy apron string tugging nancy prancy it''s delia I fancy toenail clipping chewing board apologist flippety floppity celebridee clapping cooky booky buyin luvvin living in la la baa baa land looka me me I''m a troo fan - yippee!

For allowing the club to deteriorate and flounder without so much as a squeak.....Yet, roaring like an ageing lion that''s got a recently consumed Wildebeest''s hind quarter wedged sideways in its back passage when it''s trying to defecate....When a gaggle of those nasty sneerin'' supposed fan folk dare to criticise and question those that should be treated in the highest of esteem and gratitude, for they are the life-blood of Carra - and without them they would be no NCFC.....Yes Soiree! It''s a butt-kiss boardist''s life for me! 

[/quote]

Nutty is doing as much about the situation as you are Mello.  Where is your grand plan ?

If people spend their no doubt hard earned money on whatever then are allowed to have whatever opinion they wish on the goods they spent their money on. And at the end of the day seeing our crowd levels are far better than seeing 10,000+ empty seats that you see at numorous other Championship clubs!

But like another poster mentioned I remember being at top flight games at Carrow Road in the early 90''s when 10,000 were present and at ZDS cup games when their was only just over 4000 in the ground. The clubs marketing skills have managed to attract at least another 10000 fans who 8-9 years ago would of gone to games at all!

I want the board out cause they are past it and they themselves know that as well. This is why they are trying to sell up and watching Delia ''well'' up at the recent AGM made me realise that she is feeling the pain of our present woeful state.- Thats why I would not protest against her!

That said the board could do one last thing before going and thats get rid of Roedernowhere ASAP because putting all aside all other issues at our club that can''t be used as excuses when in reality 90% of ALL pro clubs are struggling, hes proving totally inadequate as the football manager!

I''m sure many fans are like myself in that they are going out of habit because thats what we have done for a long time, its what we do on a Saturday, but it doesn''t mean I''m happy with the situation. I''ll keep going even though we badly need a change of owners and Roeders ineptness threatens to take this club into the 3rd tier of English football for the 1st time since 1960 and ensure that 4-5000 current fans will stay away next season!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I blame them too… especially the ones who hide behing their keyboards when they get home pretending to be something they are not..

You know the ones … the Greto Garbo’s who operate alone being a limp-wristed lily-livered easily pleased fawning sickly sycophantic gullible gonad weak docile dour dormice easily manipulated mummy apron string tugging nancy prancy it''s delia I fancy toenail clipping chewing board apologist flippety floppity celebridee clapping cooky booky buyin luvvin living in la la baa baa land looka me me I''m a troo fan - yippee! On match days only …

But spend the rest of the week being one of the gaggle of those nasty sneerin'' supposed fan folk daring to criticise and question those that they treat in the highest of esteem and gratitude On match days only … for they are the life-blood of Carra - and without them they would be no NCFC.....Yes Soiree! It''s a keyboard kates life for me!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutty is doing as much about the situation as you are Mello.  Where is your grand plan ?

[/quote]

I''m forming The Cathedral Lounge Rebel Renegades.....Wanna enlist?....[:|] Oh, you don''t get to many games, but I''ll let you be a TA reservist.....MEDIC. 

[quote user="wayne kerr"]  you are a paying customer it is your god given right to win and be entertained

[/quote]If only this was true!  No one has a "God given right to win" just because they have paid to watch a football match, and as to entertainment, some games will always  be more entertaining than others.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I blame them too… especially the ones who hide behing their keyboards when they get home pretending to be something they are not..

You know the ones … the Greto Garbo’s who operate alone being a limp-wristed lily-livered easily pleased fawning sickly sycophantic gullible gonad weak docile dour dormice easily manipulated mummy apron string tugging nancy prancy it''s delia I fancy toenail clipping chewing board apologist flippety floppity celebridee clapping cooky booky buyin luvvin living in la la baa baa land looka me me I''m a troo fan - yippee! On match days only …

But spend the rest of the week being one of the gaggle of those nasty sneerin'' supposed fan folk daring to criticise and question those that they treat in the highest of esteem and gratitude On match days only … for they are the life-blood of Carra - and without them they would be no NCFC.....Yes Soiree! It''s a keyboard kates life for me!

[/quote]

See that Wildebeest hind quarter''s still firmly wedged up the back passage Nutless....."ROAR!"

Mello.

Yours and Nutty''s constant slanging is fun to read, but you always come across as the idiot.

There, just something I wanted to get off my chest - don''t feel you have to aim any of your non-sensical flannel back in my direction, cos I probably won''t be paying attention.

[quote user="Mook"]

Mello.

Yours and Nutty''s constant slanging is fun to read, but you always come across as the idiot.

There, just something I wanted to get off my chest - don''t feel you have to aim any of your non-sensical flannel back in my direction, cos I probably won''t be paying attention.

[/quote]

As if I give a flyin'' f''cook what you think.[|-)]

I don''t take this forum or the football club seriously....There are some that do, which is quite sad really - as if the club really care about the fans?

I''m not really a fan of yours either, so feelings are mutual. Having read your posts - I know where your opinion and allegiance lies....... You and the Nutless should get together ''Mook and Mincy''...Nanoo Nanoo! Now, you tootle off and go and help him extract that Wildebeest hind-quarter......There''s a good chap/madam....[|-)]