Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Simon Lappin

Give the lad a chance. I have never been a fan of his - but i''m told by some of the youth players that he is actually one of the most skillful players at Colney - but is literally despised by Roeder. Apparantly he wanted to leave over the summer, but Glenn refused just to spite him.

I''ve always liked simon, very good player. perhaps lacks a bit of strength but its not as if we''ve been strong this year anyway. and he can cross a ball with his left foot, not asking poor belly to cross from the left with his right. but get opinion Glenn will never admit he''s wrong, and thats a shame

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

Give the lad a chance. I have never been a fan of his - but i''m told by some of the youth players that he is actually one of the most skillful players at Colney - but is literally despised by Roeder. Apparantly he wanted to leave over the summer, but Glenn refused just to spite him.

[/quote]

sorry - this don''t stack up for me - a chance to get lapps off his wage bill would surely be snapped up by roedy???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

[/quote]

sorry - this don''t stack up for me - a chance to get lapps off his wage bill would surely be snapped up by roedy???[/quote]Unless Lappin refuses to move...

just for a laugh I have created a group on facebook for this. "give lappin a chance"is available at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=35493783674as I said it''s for a laugh coz if roeder don''t listen to us he aint gonna care about a facebook page, but I wanna see how many people would wanna c lapps get his chance

And exactly how much does he get paid?

He is never, ever going to top the wages at this club. A less than average Scottish league player. 

Lap it all up and then bugger off back to Scotland you useless waste of space.

I''ve always liked :Lappin, he looked a very good, neat and tidy signing - on the cheap as well!It''s a shame he is being overlooked as he is clearly the best crosses and set-piece taker that we have at the club.He always gives everything as well - last season when we struggled under Grant, he was one of the few players who gave his all when he was wearing the shirt.Put him back in the 16 I say, give him a chance, he certainly deserves it.

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]

A less than average Scottish league player. 

[/quote]

And just how many games have you seen him play? I never saw him have a bad game in his left midfield role - it was only when he was asked to play at LB that he looked weak. A skilful player who made Fortheringham look like a Sunday league player. His strike rate is better than Fotheringham''s or Croft''s. More to the point, has Roeder ever seen him play in midfield? What would he have to lose by giving him 45 minutes? I think he would run his heart out and Roeder could soon bring on Pattison if he failed to impress. We''re paying his wages anyway. More than anything else, Simon Lappin sums up Roeder''s blinkered approach , even when the results are going against him

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

And just how many games have you seen him play? I never saw him have a bad game in his left midfield role - it was only when he was asked to play at LB that he looked weak. A skilful player who made Fortheringham look like a Sunday league player. His strike rate is better than Fotheringham''s or Croft''s. More to the point, has Roeder ever seen him play in midfield? What would he have to lose by giving him 45 minutes? I think he would run his heart out and Roeder could soon bring on Pattison if he failed to impress. We''re paying his wages anyway. More than anything else, Simon Lappin sums up Roeder''s blinkered approach , even when the results are going against him

[/quote]

I''m sorry but this is rewriting history. Lappin is the slowest professional footballer I have seen (slower even than Eagle), I remember him being skinned often at left back, and never going past anyone when playing left midfield. Prior to getting dropped his crossing a dead ball delivery had gone to pot as well, he offered very little at left midfield, the only reason he is still here is the only clubs that are interested in him can not afford his championship wages.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"][quote user="Binky"][quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sorry but this is rewriting history. Lappin is the slowest professional footballer I have seen (slower even than Eagle), I remember him being skinned often at left back,

[/quote]

(you obviously don''t remember Alan Black or Clive Payne then!!)  I reckon quite a few excellent midfielders would be skinned if played at left back. And he DID score goals (even whilst playing at LB) - that is not rewriting history.

we''ve had a hell of a lot worse than Lappin play for us over the years.. 3 of the players (Cureton, Fozzy and Fattison) make the side regularly... is Simon really any worse than any of them?

Give gim a game... stick him on the left wing.. we have already seen what he can do from set pieces for one...

jas :)

[quote user="AJ"]

It''s a shame he is being overlooked as he is clearly the best crosses and set-piece taker that we have at the club.

[/quote]

Surely this is now David Bell. 3 direct assists already from set pieces, probably as many as Lappin in his entire career here.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

[/quote]Literally despised, blimey, Do you really believe that sort of guff?

[quote user="National express super guard "]just for a laugh I have created a group on facebook for this. "give lappin a chance"
is available at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=35493783674
as I said it''s for a laugh coz if roeder don''t listen to us he aint gonna care about a facebook page, but I wanna see how many people would wanna c lapps get his chance
[/quote]

I felt a bit sorry for this group so I joined as there was only four members , Only thing is now you will know my true identity Damn you !!!!!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="AJ"]

It''s a shame he is being overlooked as he is clearly the best crosses and set-piece taker that we have at the club.

[/quote]

Surely this is now David Bell. 3 direct assists already from set pieces, probably as many as Lappin in his entire career here.

[/quote]

Yep - but don''t forget Roeder has bemoaning the lack of a good set-piece taker until Bell''s arrival. (Not to mention a few fans). Not sure the two can be compared easily but I would say (from what I have seen so far) that Bell is a better and more useful player to Norwich right now. He is a better crosser of the ball - but I think Lappin is still the better man free kick on goal. 

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]I also have spoken to an academy lad who said that at all the training ground free kick practices Lappin scores 9 out of 10 times. He said that Simon is the best set piece man Norwich have, he also said he and Roeder hate each other.
[/quote]

Oh come on - can you really envisage Roeder hating anyone?

(If it is true, what''s Lappin supposed to have done? Been caught drink driving? Refused to play on the right wing? Refused to play centre forward as target man? Having the wrong kind of Scottish accent? I could go on...)

I agree, he has done no worst than some of the others in the past, but if you put him at left back, its like putting Lupo at CB.

The same applies with Chadders, when he is fit, he should play or at least be in the squad.

I reckon why GR does not like Lappin, it would be down to the Plymouth debacle and the fact he was poo and did not look at all interested.

I can''t understand why Lappin hasn''t at least had a chance or two to show Roeder what he''s made of. Just seems to have been frozen out. Like Chadwick. Ho hum.

I don''t make up my mind on the basis or rumours, but would like to see him at least given a chance to show his worth, if he''s not up to the job, then fine.

Also, Roeder if he''s prudent (Arrgghhh, I had to use that word) would keep him under wraps, for if we can''t replace all the loan players.......we might have to use Simon as a CH soon enough.

I still remember Neil Adams reaction on the radio when Lappin hit the winner at Luton a couple seasons ago.

Yes, he deserves another chance, as does Chadwick, who is now injured.

Give Lappin a chance, please!

[quote user="Largey"]

I still remember Neil Adams reaction on the radio when Lappin hit the winner at Luton a couple seasons ago.

Yes, he deserves another chance, as does Chadwick, who is now injured.

Give Lappin a chance, please!

[/quote]

I was there that night and Lappins winner was an awesome strike. But I have two other memories. How rubbish Gallacher was  and how well Bell played for Luton. (On the left[:O] )

Mind you I think that was when Hoooze played right back.

From Chris Lakey''s article on the home page:

"The Canaries boss can scarcely afford to lose any more players after admitting he was down to the bare bones for last weekend''s game against Swansea.

The 16 players he named were it, as far as his senior professionals go - with 17-year-old Tom Adeyemi, a pro for less than a week, waiting in the wings in case of any last-minute withdrawals."

So where was Lappin on Saturday? And will he play for the reserves tonight?

I was at Luton too - and would really like to know what''s really happening here. Lappin will never light up the world, but he''s good enough to at least make the bench.

Something''s going on between Roeder and Lappin, because he hasn''t even been allowed out on loan. I don''t agree that Chadwick''s had the same treatment though - he played a few times under Roeder (though he never looked any cop) and has been allowed out on loan. Lappin is technically good but lightweight, but no worse than several other current players in that respect. And he played very well in the Ipswich game....

Only a brilliant tackle from Simon Lappin, playing at centre-back, prevented Amaury Bischoff from making it two after Jay Emmanuel-Thomas took two City defenders out of the game with two touches.....Arsenal had no answer during the first half and the script continued eight minutes into second, this time Lappin''s beautiful 60-yard cross-field ball found Dawkin and although his effort was palmed away, Daley was on hand to bury the rebound and bag his hat-trick.

Apparently he had a good game in the reserves - he would have enjoyed playing the full 90 minutes after twice being brought on for the final two minutes in previous games. He can play football and is technically better than others ahead of him. Would have thought him a bit light weight for CB though - but at least he wasn''t target man. Wonder what Roeder thought?

[quote user="Binky"]

Only a brilliant tackle from Simon Lappin, playing at centre-back, prevented Amaury Bischoff from making it two after Jay Emmanuel-Thomas took two City defenders out of the game with two touches.....Arsenal had no answer during the first half and the script continued eight minutes into second, this time Lappin''s beautiful 60-yard cross-field ball found Dawkin and although his effort was palmed away, Daley was on hand to bury the rebound and bag his hat-trick.

Apparently he had a good game in the reserves - he would have enjoyed playing the full 90 minutes after twice being brought on for the final two minutes in previous games. He can play football and is technically better than others ahead of him. Would have thought him a bit light weight for CB though - but at least he wasn''t target man. Wonder what Roeder thought?

[/quote]

I should think he would have thought Lappin played well. I also doubt he would play him at centreback on Saturday. But lets not try turn tonights game into something else to beat the club with. I should think Roeder went away impressed with some of the young talent we have coming through more than anything else.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Binky"]

[/quote]

I should think he would have thought Lappin played well. But lets not try turn tonights game into something else to beat the club with. I should think Roeder went away impressed with some of the young talent we have coming through more than anything else.

[/quote]

Agree wholeheartedly with that sentiment Nutty. And full marks to management for finally selecting him for the reserve team. (Always assuming they had a choice of course). But I wouldn''t be surprised to see some of the youngsters on the bench soon - if only to wake up ome of the regulars.