Sign in to follow this  
sponger

doncaster want cureton

How long to run on his contract? Would depend on what sort of fee we could get for him, because although he''s been terrible since he came back he is one of the few players we actually own.

Hang on Graham, Donny are our relegation rivals, what if Jamie suddenly hits form? he could end up sending us down! it would be way too risky to allow that.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

I''d let the lad leave. Doncaster will be a good team for him to get back to sharpness and free up some resources for us.

[/quote]

So you support sending one of strikers to aid one of our rivals..........priceless logic that!

No doubt in my mind that Roeder has corroded JC''s confidence big time. I really don''t care what anybody says, JC is a good striker and capable of scoring lots of goals - if managed well and played within the right tactics and strategy. If he goes to Doncaster he will be come automatic first choice and starting games will do no end of good for his confidence alongside Gareth Taylor who is big, tall, experienced and holds the ball up well. So, potential for JC to start scoring for fun again and pull Doncaster Rovers away from the relegation zone.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

I''d let the lad leave. Doncaster will be a good team for him to get back to sharpness and free up some resources for us.

[/quote]

So you support sending one of strikers to aid one of our rivals..........priceless logic that!

[/quote]

Almost as bad as wishing your team loses every week.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I''d happily pay the transfer fee for them.[/quote]

What a total Tw*t you are .................he was our top scorer last year and with out Rodent , probably could be this year. Do you ever go to a game ?? Have you evr seen the commitment he puts in compared to some of the other players ?

[quote user="barclay seats 48 49 "]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I''d happily pay the transfer fee for them.[/quote]

What a total Tw*t you are .................he was our top scorer last year and with out Rodent , probably could be this year. Do you ever go to a game ?? Have you evr seen the commitment he puts in compared to some of the other players ?

[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment. Yes I go to all the home matches and the odd away game, thanks, and I''m not sure what commitment you''re talking about, he contributes very little to the team by and large. But it''s alright because he bleeds yellow and green. So do I but I wouldn''t be any good either. And probably could be our top scorer this year? How many goals has he scored again?

Come to think of it though, not sure I would sell him until we get another permanent striker in.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But its not every week 1st Wannabee is it?

You''ll be amongst the first moaning if Jamie sends us down.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]So you support sending one of strikers to aid one of our rivals..........priceless logic that!

[/quote]Almost as bad as wishing your team loses every week.

[/quote]But its not every week 1st Wannabee is it?

[/quote]That''ll only happen if we keep him wiz! [;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But its not every week 1st Wannabee is it?

[/quote]

Isn''t it? It certainly seems like every week Wiz!

Still, 1st Wannabe made me laugh [:D][Y]

regardless of how much you lot dont rate him

loaning him to fellow relagtion candidate is pure stupidity

48/49. Not only GR, but certain sections of the crowd could have played a big part in his current form. No player want''s to hear negative chants or boo''s directed at them when playing, great for his confidence that is.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="barclay seats 48 49 "]

[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment. Yes I go to all the home matches and the odd away game, thanks, and I''m not sure what commitment you''re talking about, he contributes very little to the team by and large. But it''s alright because he bleeds yellow and green. So do I but I wouldn''t be any good either. And probably could be our top scorer this year? How many goals has he scored again?

Come to think of it though, not sure I would sell him until we get another permanent striker in.

[/quote]

Well said.

He''s a lazy player.

There was a perfect example of that in the Swansea game when David Bell (if I remember correctly) had picked up the ball wide on the left inside the Swansea half after they had cleared it. Immediately he was under pressure from their players and he desperately needed Cureton to come and help him out. At the time Cureton was doing his best impression of a statue a few yards outside the Swansea box. All he needed to do was move out towards the wing and David Bell would have been easily able to knock the ball down the line to him. Instead he stood still and made no effort to help out his team mate even though he was the best placed person to do so.

I''d endorse the lazy claim.  He''d only been on the pitch about 5 min against Doncaster this season, had half heartedly tracked back and pointed his player out to Omozusi who was otherwise occupied and proceeded to cover nobody.  The amount of times he''s caught on his heels is unforgivable.  I just don''t see the work rate.

[quote user="wrightboy"]I''d endorse the lazy claim.  He''d only been on the pitch about 5 min against Doncaster this season, had half heartedly tracked back and pointed his player out to Omozusi who was otherwise occupied and proceeded to cover nobody.  The amount of times he''s caught on his heels is unforgivable.  I just don''t see the work rate.
[/quote]

Indeed.

Last weekend Lita was winning plenty of headers and flicking the ball on quite well throughout the whole game. Cureton sat on the subs bench and must (you would hope) have noticed that. Yet when he came on he never anticipated Lita getting the flick on. Lazy and too slow both mentally and physically.

i must admit i agree with Wiz... if we loaned Jamie to Donny and he started finding his goalscoring form they could start climbing the league and over take us.. it would be suicidal to loan him to anyone in this division.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i must admit i agree with Wiz... if we loaned Jamie to Donny and he started finding his goalscoring form they could start climbing the league and over take us.. it would be suicidal to loan him to anyone in this division.

[/quote]

But if he doesn''t find goalscoring form, which is much more likely, then it''s good news for us.

It depends what it would mean for us. If it means we could hold on to Leroy for a little bit longer then it has to be done.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

But if he doesn''t find goalscoring form, which is much more likely, then it''s good news for us.

It depends what it would mean for us. If it means we could hold on to Leroy for a little bit longer then it has to be done.

[/quote]

Leroy isnt the answer to our problems though is he? since he has been here our league position HAS NOT improved.. is he really worth perservering with?