Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

Championship - Match Fixing

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

The FA this morning are still declining to say which clubs are involved and say they have not spoken to any clubs at this stage.  Today they begin evaluating the evidence provided by the spread betting organisation.

Interestingly, however, the Telegraph are today reporting that the match involved contained two incidents - Norwich v Derby certainly had two incidents - the linesman being replaced by the fourth official apparently through injury in the first half and also, of course, Carroll being sent off.

Not sure if an injured linesman would count as an incident but it''s certainly unusual of course.

[/quote]

Any more news Camul?

i think even if allegation was true and then its found to be norwich v derby i very much doubt norwich city in any kind of form was in on it! i also think derby county wasnt even bar one or maybe two certain derby players who may have said to some wealthy dodgy underground guys "hey lay derby win at half time we/i can change the game"

i.e on betfair you can lay at team to win instead of back i.e derby 1-0 up would be around 1/2. they can lay derby winning say 200k profit with cost 100k for norwich win or draw in knowledge carroll was going to be sent off. also people say "well they would of lost the fix" just that sending off and penalty would have sent derby odds to around 8/1 or 9/1 on betfair you can trade to make a 100% profit on all out comes

i.e if they stood to win

200k norwich win or draw

they can transfer say 20k that profit on derby win when they hit 8/1 and that a tidy profit both sides

[quote user="we8wba"]

i.e on betfair you can lay at team to win instead of back i.e derby 1-0 up would be around 1/2. they can lay derby winning say 200k profit with cost 100k for norwich win or draw in knowledge carroll was going to be sent off. also people say "well they would of lost the fix" just that sending off and penalty would have sent derby odds to around 8/1 or 9/1 on betfair you can trade to make a 100% profit on all out comes

i.e if they stood to win

200k norwich win or draw

they can transfer say 20k that profit on derby win when they hit 8/1 and that a tidy profit both sides

[/quote]

You write like Stephen Hawkings.

I''m glad the MPs are raising this in Parliament as it makes it more difficult for the authorities to kick it into the long grass. 

Match fixing undermines the whole game by making people question every unexpected result.  It''s like drugs in athletics.

For example . . . anyone starting to feel queasy about City 2 - 0 Man U in the Prem season?

As someone stated earlier, if found guilty, the punishment could be a maximum of instant relagation and/or a 30 point deduction. We''ll never recover from that. This is dreadful news. The whole reputation of the club will be destroyed.

Punishment should be the culprits on the centre spot with mission of getting out of a packed Carrow Road..... [li]

[quote user="Robornio"]

As someone stated earlier, if found guilty, the punishment could be a maximum of instant relagation and/or a 30 point deduction. We''ll never recover from that. This is dreadful news. The whole reputation of the club will be destroyed.

Punishment should be the culprits on the centre spot with mission of getting out of a packed Carrow Road..... [li]

[/quote] You dont really believe Norwich had anything to do with it?

Does anyone know of Jimmy Saville''s whereabouts these days?

I am blaming some spotty, boy scout, scum supporting 8 yr old with a penchant for Wotsits for this....

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

In this case the handicap made an enormous, unexplained swing that would indicate a major on-field event when nothing of that nature had occurred. However, later in the match a major on-field event did occur.

[/quote]

I''m taking this to mean that the betting at half time matched what you would expect had Carrole just been sent off and conceded a penalty, when in fact those things did not happen until the second half. I.e. the people placing the bets at half time already knew it was going to happen.

I cant see we need to worry, this is about Derby.

The journalist who wrote the original article just described the odds shift on SSN as "three times greater" than that seen after the food poisoning incident pre-match at West Ham v Tottenham a few years ago.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=News&itemid=NOED15%20Oct%202008%2019%3A42%3A20%3A820[/quote]

IF it is us we can be certain of relegation

[/quote]

Bol lox.  [:|]

[/quote]

Why reply to your own stupid comment?

[quote user="Nostradamus"][quote user="we8wba"]

i.e if they stood to win

200k norwich win or draw

[/quote]

You write like Stephen Hawkings.

[/quote]

......and while you''re at it, we8wba old chap, perhaps you would be so good as to explain the astro-physics principles employed in the Large Hadron Collider experiment, Big Bang creation of the Earth, and.....that kind of stuff.

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=News&itemid=NOED15%20Oct%202008%2019%3A42%3A20%3A820[/quote]

IF it is us we can be certain of relegation

[/quote]

Bol lox.  [:|]

[/quote]

Why reply to your own stupid comment?

[/quote]

Exactly how is it stupid?

As of 8 pm this evening, the authorities have neither approached a club nor any specific players.

They are still examining the submitted spread betting evidence.   It is also entirely possible that the betting surge was provoked by a series of rumours in which no players were actually involved.  Rather like the current Stock Market, these things happen.

Liverpool were not deducted points nor relegated over the (contested) allegations concerning their goalkeeper of the time and although I understand the concern I do think things are a little premature at the moment.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

As of 8 pm this evening, the authorities have neither approached a club nor any specific players.

They are still examining the submitted spread betting evidence.   It is also entirely possible that the betting surge was provoked by a series of rumours in which no players were actually involved.  Rather like the current Stock Market, these things happen.

Liverpool were not deducted points nor relegated over the (contested) allegations concerning their goalkeeper of the time and although I understand the concern I do think things are a little premature at the moment.

[/quote]

The way Liverpool are treated by the authorities they would have to go some to get points deducted for anything! The powers that be would always find a rule to bend for them!

I do however agree that worrying about points deductions is premature. Firstly i think if anything has gone on it is more to do with our opponants and secondly unless there is proven to be some form of mass conspiracy that the club was somehow involved with I am not sure whether the clubs could be held responsible and suspect it will be primarily a player disciplinary matter!