Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Who should our new manager be?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Come on then, those of you who want Roeder out.  Who would you replace him with?  Names, please.

[/quote]Steve Tilson Mr C.....we went for him before appointing Grant, anned Saffend said no, remember?.........we should batter their door down again![/quote]

The same Steve Tilson who took Southend United out of League One and then took them back down to League One again?  That''s ambitious.
[/quote]

which is why i think at a bigger club with a bit more financial clout he''d do ok.... perhaps not for us after all then!!!

jas :)

[quote user="topcanary1971"]

because we dont want to support man united.. we want to support norwich all you are doing is making up excuses for the poor show we are seeing .

if we had won 5 or 6 games out of ten then my posts would be different if we carry on like this we will finish on 40 points ish..thats relegation form surely you must see that no disrespect only a fool would think thats good trouble is people are burrying thier heads in the sand.. our top scorer would finish on about 12 goals think about it

[/quote]

The fools here are the people who seem to think that a club with no money should sack a manager ten games into their first season with their own team before the players have had a chance to gel together.

Roeder has had to put a squad together on a pittance, how much  money do you think the next guy would have after we have paid out severance for Roeder and his staff.

You and all the other naysayers are just not being realistic, I along with most others (not sure about smudger or the wizard they seem to love the opportunity to stir) would love us to be doing better but what you are advocating really is the doorway to oblivion for us here in the real world  

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So, so far we have:

Steve Tilson
Ian Crook

Come on Roeder Outers, you can surely do better than this?  Let''s hear the masterplan!

[/quote]

You''ve forgotten mine!

Bryan Gunn, with Neil Adams as assistant.

dont most fans always plump for the chap who used to manage Luton.. complains alot... cant remember his name actually!

he was the one who when things were going against Luton blamed Women Linesmen, dodgy Chairmen, the Press and anyone else to take away the fact that he is, infact, a sh*t manager...

Lots of fans always seem to chuck his name in the hat when discussing managers though

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

dont most fans always plump for the chap who used to manage Luton.. complains alot... cant remember his name actually!

he was the one who when things were going against Luton blamed Women Linesmen, dodgy Chairmen, the Press and anyone else to take away the fact that he is, infact, a sh*t manager...

Lots of fans always seem to chuck his name in the hat when discussing managers though

[/quote]

Mike Newell has only just been appointed manager somewhere in League 2 hasnt he?

1. billy davies - would get respect from the players and been succesful with derby and preston, similar sized clubs to us.

2. nigel worthington - made a scapegoat for the boards incompetence. hope i get to see worthy mange here again

3. darren huckerby - player manager? would be exciting and get a buzz around the place again

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

thats the chap.. Mike Newell! thanks for naming him SWP.

I''d cry if he was appointed our manager.

[/quote]

He''s only just gone to Grimsby where, after watching them being demolished 4-1 after going a goal up, he opined: "I was delighted with the performance........."[:|]

And Tilson isn''t flavour of the month with all the Southend fans.............but, there again, who is?

I wouldn''t want Roeder to go, but if he does, and I think he will at some point this season, I would go for Darren Ferguson, lead Peterborough from 10th in League Two to 9th in League One. I can see him having a big future in the game.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I wouldn''t want Roeder to go, but if he does, and I think he will at some point this season, I would go for Darren Ferguson, lead Peterborough from 10th in League Two to 9th in League One. I can see him having a big future in the game.[/quote]

Yeah not with us though.  Peterborough are richer than us and even if he was interested I am sure there is no way we could afford the compensation to get him

So, so far we have:Steve TilsonIan CrookBryan Gunn with Neil Adams (not sure if this one is tongue in cheek)Well done, keep them coming... you''re all making yourselves look very silly.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

1. billy davies - would get respect from the players and been succesful with derby and preston, similar sized clubs to us.

2. nigel worthington - made a scapegoat for the boards incompetence. hope i get to see worthy mange here again

3. darren huckerby - player manager? would be exciting and get a buzz around the place again

[/quote]

Hucks?  I know the man is a legend but wtf

Surely only one man will do .... Darren Huckerby,but only after he''s finished parting the Red Sea,ending world poverty and finding a cure for AIDs.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Come on then, those of you who want Roeder out.  Who would you replace him with?  Names, please.

[/quote]Steve Tilson Mr C.....we went for him before appointing Grant, anned Saffend said no, remember?.........we should batter their door down again![/quote]

Er, if I remember correctly we asked to speak to any number of potential managers before settling with Roeder - it was not just Tilson, it included people like Pulis and Bowen, so who is to say that we wanted him any more than the others? Or, indeed, that he would do any better? 

IMO this is a pointless discussion, as Roeder should be going nowhere.  But even if we were looking, if we consider Roeder a failure with all his experience and links throughout the game, I''m not sure why getting someone who has only ever managed a lower side would be seen as being a particularly great forward step.

[/quote]

martin o''neil & mike walker both managed lower league clubs only before taking over at carrow road!

Ian Holloway is the obvious one for me, he''s not at any club so no compensation and despite taking leicester down he does have a very good track record and  did remarkably well at plymouth with sod all resources.

Mark Robins seems to be doing a sterling job at rotherham in extremely difficult circumstances, although i accept he would be a risk and may be better having a few more seasons in the lower leagues first.

Lawrie Sanchez again is out of work so no compensation, very experienced with generally positive history

simon grayson, billy davies, darren ferguson,

If we wanted to be ambitious could we convince curbishly or allardyce? both of whom may struggle to get a job in the premiership given this new trend to only appoint foreign coaches? (I accept this is highly unlikely but you don''t get if you don''t ask)

Mark Robins for me , but really anybody would be hard pressed to do worse than Roeder and just think a new manager might do away with this ridiculous loan policy which has turned us into a complete laughing stock and rightly so .

This board has sunk to new lows with some ejits wanting GR removed. I would like to see any other managers get the players we have in now, albeit on loan with the money that we have, whihc is zill, nowt, zilch, nothing....

If we got Fergie, people would be asking for him out now too.

Smell the and coffee wake up

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]but really anybody would be hard pressed to do worse than Roeder.[/quote]I dunno, I''m fairly certain you could have taken us from bottom, to bottom, with your apparent expertise in that area. Muppet.

For what its worth Adelaide Utd, with three Brazilian players  in the side, are just about to reach the final of the Asian Cup (equivalent of the European Cup) having won by 3 goals in the first leg. Some of the teams seem a good deal hotter than those in the Championship!

[quote user="Bobert"]For what its worth Adelaide Utd, with three Brazilian players  in the side, are just about to reach the final of the Asian Cup (equivalent of the European Cup) having won by 3 goals in the first leg. Some of the teams seem a good deal hotter than those in the Championship![/quote]

Bristol city have got a Brazilian in the side... whats your point?

for those wanting a former player (hucks Iwan etc)

What would happen if (and possibly when) it all went tits up.... the bloke would go from Hero to Villain...

EG Gary Megson.. good player for us, and one of the reasons we finished 3rd in the premiership.. i doubt anyone remembers that after his 2 managerial spells.. the guy is not liked by a few City fans now!

I''d hate a former hero to come back and manage us! if it went wrong certain fans would turn on them and easily forget....

why do you think alan Shearer hasnt taken the Newcaste job?

Quote user: Darren Eadie''s Left Peg:       I think you''re right Jas... The Newcastle job and the Norwich job (to some extent) are poisoned chalices. I wouldn''t want to see an ex-player (Iwan, Hucks, Eadie...anyone!) come in and do badly.

My thoughts exactly, if we keep trying to force our manager out every year this job will become a poisoned chalice.  We are lucky the club is not more high profile at the moment as otherwise the nationals would start to look upon us as a laughing stock in the mould of Newcastle and Spurs. 

We are never going to improve as a team by changing manager every year, we need some stability, even if the performances are not perfect at this stage, especially considering our apparent financial position.