Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

THE MAN: Doncaster knows answer to the $64m question

"The Man understands there has been no contact with Peter Cullum." 

Would be unsurprising if true but I just hope he knows what he''s talking about, more rumours are the last thing we need. 

It''s just as likely the man has got it wrong, I don''t think anyone really knows whether or not they have spoken. I''d be disappointed if the either Cullum or the club didn''t make contact and get around the table to try and sort something out. Most clubs would give anything to have an owner who is a fan with the kind of wealth Cullum has, we should be doing all we can to get him involved. We will not get anyone any better than him, end of story.

We shall see. I think the EDP took a punt and got it wrong.

If Delia and Michael had not spoken to him properly for 11 months, why would they go cap in hand to him when they are at their most vulnerbale?

Talks may happen, but I doubt there has been any contact yet - as Cullum has said.

[quote user="kdncfc"]It''s just as likely the man has got it wrong, I don''t think anyone really knows whether or not they have spoken. I''d be disappointed if the either Cullum or the club didn''t make contact and get around the table to try and sort something out. Most clubs would give anything to have an owner who is a fan with the kind of wealth Cullum has, we should be doing all we can to get him involved. We will not get anyone any better than him, end of story.[/quote]spot on...totally agree he is a fan norfolk born and has pots of money...what more are we looking for in an investor???

either side need to swallow there pride and get things rolling...hopefully they have done already and are talking as we speak

PC has made the first move twice, I think the ball''s in the club''s court this time.  He didn''t get where he is today by thinking "Ok that didn''t work . . . so let''s do it again".

I said in a post quite a while ago that PC had emailed me confirming that he had not contacted the club again. Can''t see Delia crawling to him somehow, sadly.

"PC has made the first move twice, I think the ball''s in the club''s

court this time.  He didn''t get where he is today by thinking "Ok that

didn''t work . . . so let''s do it again"."I doubt he got where he is today by waiting to see whether other people wanted to see if he wants to buy from them.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]It''s just as likely the man has got it wrong, I don''t think anyone really knows whether or not they have spoken. I''d be disappointed if the either Cullum or the club didn''t make contact and get around the table to try and sort something out. Most clubs would give anything to have an owner who is a fan with the kind of wealth Cullum has, we should be doing all we can to get him involved. We will not get anyone any better than him, end of story.[/quote]spot on...totally agree he is a fan norfolk born and has pots of money...what more are we looking for in an investor???

either side need to swallow there pride and get things rolling...hopefully they have done already and are talking as we speak

[/quote]

Judging by this article I seriously doubt it, as much as we all want an investor for the club I very much doubt if one will be forthcoming soon, and that is very very sad.

[quote user="7rew"]"PC has made the first move twice, I think the ball''s in the club''s court this time.  He didn''t get where he is today by thinking "Ok that didn''t work . . . so let''s do it again"."

I doubt he got where he is today by waiting to see whether other people wanted to see if he wants to buy from them.
[/quote]

Quote from PC (EDP 3rd September):

"The door is always open and it''s never closed.  The onus is on the football club to come to me.  I''ve made a couple of approaches and I was in danger of becoming a serious irritant.  On that basis I will sit back and wait."

I think that makes it clear enough. 

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I said in a post quite a while ago that PC had emailed me confirming that he had not contacted the club again. Can''t see Delia crawling to him somehow, sadly.[/quote]

I would take that e mail with a pinch of salt, Cullum also denied having any contact with the club earlier this year and it later transpired that he had spoken to the club last October. He''s not going to divulge such information in an e mail to a supporter. I am desperately hoping that this will all be sorted out by Christmas so Roeder has some serious money to play with in January, if it isn''t there really is no excuse from either side. Both Delia and Cullum are fans of the club and if they have the best interests of the club at heart one of them has to make a move. We don''t want to end up with another poor millionaire who is only going to lend the club a few bob, this is an opportunity to make the much used and annoying quote "cash strapped canaries" a thing of the past and it must be taken. Billionaires who just so happen to support the club don''t come along very often.

[quote user="7rew"]"PC has made the first move twice, I think the ball''s in the club''s

court this time.  He didn''t get where he is today by thinking "Ok that

didn''t work . . . so let''s do it again"."I doubt he got where he is today by waiting to see whether other people wanted to see if he wants to buy from them.[/quote]I didn''t get where I am today without naming

it the ''Reginald Perrin Memorial Foundation

They will have to swallow their pride and contact him sooner or later. I very much doubt that they will have very much option in the end.

[quote user="kdncfc"]It''s just as likely the man has got it wrong, I don''t think anyone really knows whether or not they have spoken. I''d be disappointed if the either Cullum or the club didn''t make contact and get around the table to try and sort something out. Most clubs would give anything to have an owner who is a fan with the kind of wealth Cullum has, we should be doing all we can to get him involved. We will not get anyone any better than him, end of story.[/quote]

Sadly i don''t think Delia and Mike want to sell up. They want some new investors to replace the Turners they don''t want to give up control of the club which they would have to do if Cullum took over and thats why they won''t talk to him.

Delia and Michael are a childless couple i believe and that probably explains why they want to keep hold of their "baby". If they had children they would probably sell up and they would have other things like grand children to occupy their time.

I have a personal interest here.  As a childless middle aged woman who is happy and fulfilled I can assure you it''s a mistake to assume that childlessness is a fate worse than death.  There are issues to be dealt with, sure, but isn''t that true for everyone?  That''s life.

But if indeed it is an unresolved issue for Delia and Michael and Norwich City has become their child substitute, that begs the following question: are they good parents who are willing to put their child''s interests before their own, or are they possessive parents who are stifling their child''s potential?

this sums up nicely what many said when the cullum story first came out - that a fair and reasonable price be paid that all parties and everyone connected with NCFC can be happy with - certainly, no-one should want baggage left over from a sale, especially if it turned nasty and protracted...imo the overhang from the chase debacle blighted the club for a few years after...noone should want a repeat/// 

[quote user="Strawberry"]

I have a personal interest here.  As a childless middle aged woman who is happy and fulfilled I can assure you it''s a mistake to assume that childlessness is a fate worse than death.  There are issues to be dealt with, sure, but isn''t that true for everyone?  That''s life.

But if indeed it is an unresolved issue for Delia and Michael and Norwich City has become their child substitute, that begs the following question: are they good parents who are willing to put their child''s interests before their own, or are they possessive parents who are stifling their child''s potential?

[/quote]

Have to agree with you 110% on the above, as an aside I''m 40 and can''t have children, but have 2 beautiful step daughters.

These theories about Smith&Jones having childless issues that are detrimental to the good of our club are absolutely ridiculous.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]

Have to agree with you 110% on the above, as an aside I''m 40 and can''t have children, but have 2 beautiful step daughters.

[/quote]When our children grew up my wife replaced them with two Yorkshire terriers unconditional love for no work at all. Maybe ''x'' millions and a puppy for Delia and Michael might be the deal clincher?

[quote user="Roedy the Ingrate"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When our children grew up my wife replaced them with two Yorkshire terriers unconditional love for no work at all. Maybe ''x'' millions and a puppy for Delia and Michael might be the deal clincher?
[/quote]

lol that does happen though doesn''t it?  Not to me personally but I have friends who''s children have all grown up left home, and they then get in dogs or cats to fill the time and void their children have left.

What sort of puppies would you think Delia and Michael would like though?

Wtf is this thread about having kids and not having kids think some people should look at them selfs and stop posting crap about kids its a football site ,im sorry that a few of you are jaffers but do we need  to know that i know norwich are a family club BUT plus Delia is in her 60s now and poor old MWJ  has looked better in his youth (i hope) ,im sure kids are last thing on there minds at this stage of life .[:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Roedy the Ingrate"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When our children grew up my wife replaced them with two Yorkshire terriers unconditional love for no work at all. Maybe ''x'' millions and a puppy for Delia and Michael might be the deal clincher?
[/quote]

lol that does happen though doesn''t it?  Not to me personally but I have friends who''s children have all grown up left home, and they then get in dogs or cats to fill the time and void their children have left.

What sort of puppies would you think Delia and Michael would like though?

[/quote]

I don''t know but you got me thinking now. Should the criteria for future owners of our club depend on how many children they have had and if so how many? If they had no children, or the children have flown the nest, do you think they would be acceptable if they already had a couple of Yorkies?

Howabout if they had a failed marriage, would that make a difference? Maybe a sign that they would bail out instead of trying to work through the clubs problems if we fell on hard times.

Just to put a bit of sanity back into this thread and to get back to the original point, there had been no contact from NCFC to Peter Cullum as at last Saturday and, as he has previously stated, Peter will not be making the first move this time having been rejected twice before. My belief, not from Peter, is that the Smiths are looking for a direct replacement for the Turners which will bring in some investment but which will enable them to retain control.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Just to put a bit of sanity back into this thread and to get back to the original point, there had been no contact from NCFC to Peter Cullum as at last Saturday and, as he has previously stated, Peter will not be making the first move this time having been rejected twice before. My belief, not from Peter, is that the Smiths are looking for a direct replacement for the Turners which will bring in some investment but which will enable them to retain control.[/quote]

Can''t you try and persuade him to make the first move the Barry lol. It would be a travesty if he doesn''t get involved this time.We need someone with mega money if we''re not to have more of the same old cash strapped rubbish we have had to put up with the last few years.

I suppose we''ll end up with someone who has a refreshment stall in a layby on the A11 as our new investors. We need to do more than just plug the gap left by the Turners if we are to move on.

I think we need to be aware that purely from the linguistic point of view this whole thing is a minefield. Who exactly is going to approach Cullum:
  • NCFC, i.e. an "official" approach
  • An informal call from Neil Doncaster - so the club could still say "we haven''t spoken to Cullum"
  • Delia or MWJ themselves
  • A third party associated with the club, such as the Turners, as I believe happened the last time this blew up
  • An outsider but a supporter, like Charles Clarke
Just because someone at the club says I have not spoken to Peter Cullum - or vice versa - doesn''t mean things couldn''t be going on in the background.