Sign in to follow this  
g00se

Delia and MWJ to invest an extra £2m

[quote user="fleckmatic"]On the official site - quoting the EDP

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1384016,00.html

(anybody seen the EDP yet - the thumbnail on the EDP website shows a headline of "Cullum in Takeover Talks".
[/quote]

I must get a different EDP website here in Brundall. Mine says "Cullum tells Delia: Come and get me.

[quote user="fleckmatic"]

(anybody seen the EDP yet - the thumbnail on the EDP website shows a headline of "Cullum in Takeover Talks".
[/quote]

either its been changed already or it doesn''t, it now says "Peter Cullum - Waiting in the wings"

[/quote]

Oh great! thats really ruined my day and its only 7.40am.

No chance of her going or a total takeover, this means another £2 million of share conversions then.

What do we have to do to get rid of this power crazed, jumped up cook.

[quote user="Vern"]

[/quote]

I must get a different EDP website here in Brundall. Mine says "Cullum tells Delia: Come and get me.

[/quote]

I must apologise, It is indeed on there.

I''m not a fan of Delia and would happily see Peter Cullum come in, however sticking in 2 mill at short notice to bail us out of the mess the Turners left behind should be given the credit it deserves. In modern football terms they''re not particularly rich and whilst that stops us competing in the transfer market I believe they generally would give all they could to save us from the most dire of consequences. If Cullum comes in and I hope he does, I hope that DS and MWJ get back what they deserve.

Just had a nasty thought, that now means we are going to hear loads about their commitment to the club, how they have used their personal wealth, and how they will have to live off beans on toast for months.

Plus don''t forget how we are all going to have to feel nothing but love and admiration for the saviours of our club..............................Forever

[quote user="Nostradamus"]

Meet the criteria, stump up £56m. It''s really that simple.

[/quote]

the club isnt worth 56 million.. thats just what the board wants for it...

jas :)

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]I''m not a fan of Delia and would happily see Peter Cullum come in, however sticking in 2 mill at short notice to bail us out of the mess the Turners left behind should be given the credit it deserves. In modern football terms they''re not particularly rich and whilst that stops us competing in the transfer market I believe they generally would give all they could to save us from the most dire of consequences. If Cullum comes in and I hope he does, I hope that DS and MWJ get back what they deserve.[/quote]

Get real, this is an old trick, before selling up put more in to the club convert the money to shares, then when it comes to a sale that £2 million could make them another quick million on top

[quote user="Be Smart sell to Cullum"]

Just had a nasty thought, that now means we are going to hear loads about their commitment to the club, how they have used their personal wealth, and how they will have to live off beans on toast for months.

Plus don''t forget how we are all going to have to feel nothing but love and admiration for the saviours of our club..............................Forever

[/quote]

Well they didn''t have to put any money in, did they? Some people can be f****ng ungrateful sometimes.

Oh great! thats really ruined my day and its only 7.40am.

No chance of her going or a total takeover, this means another £2 million of share conversions then.

What do we have to do to get rid of this power crazed, jumped up cook.

It is a double edged sword - yes it may prevent any immediate take over but the momentum remains and I dont think it prevents talls.

Surely it is good that the apparent gap that rocked concerns about administration has now been filled?  As to whether the gesture is made with a share return only time will tell - in the past they have given cash as well as converted money to shares,  with the issue not being mentioned its not possible to deduce what the attached conditions are. 

[quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="Be Smart sell to Cullum"]

[/quote]

Well they didn''t have to put any money in, did they? Some people can be f****ng ungrateful sometimes.

[/quote]

No they didn''t, but I think there may well be a less than honourable reason for doing this

I take the point about share conversersion but they are unlikely to make a profit out of that as Cullum at most may match the current valuation or is more likely to negotiate down. If they get their money back and keep us out of a hole and we end up with someone more financially able to provide the squad we desire, who loses?

[quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="Be Smart sell to Cullum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Match Day Pie, my response was a bit of a knee jerk reaction.

I am very happy with what the Stowmarket two have done for the club, my worry is that this is being done to stop real investment from Cullum and others.

All I want is whats best for the club I love thats all.

Thanks Delia and Michael for bailing us out yet again

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

It is a double edged sword - yes it may prevent any immediate take over but the momentum remains and I dont think it prevents talls.

Surely it is good that the apparent gap that rocked concerns about administration has now been filled?  As to whether the gesture is made with a share return only time will tell - in the past they have given cash as well as converted money to shares,  with the issue not being mentioned its not possible to deduce what the attached conditions are. 

[/quote]

Well said.

if delia really cared about norwich city she would sell the club for a tenner like wolves, look at our team compared to the muppets who started the season in 06/07 season for us.

personally i think delia in it for herself rather than the norwich city fans

[quote][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Well said.

[/quote]Definitely.  In any takeover, this money would have to be addressed by any new board.  It still does, just in a slightly different manner - the club has the money and DS/MWJ need it back, instead of the money being needed directly.  If talks are already underway, as seems to be the case, it is reasonable to assume that this was discused prior to it being announced.  I doubt DS/MWJ would deliberately risk antagonising people they were talking to, especially with that kind of money being risked.

[quote user="we8wba"]

if delia really cared about norwich city she would sell the club for a tenner like wolves, look at our team compared to the muppets who started the season in 06/07 season for us.

personally i think delia in it for herself rather than the norwich city fans

[/quote]

But Jack Hayward was and is far richer than Mr and Mrs Delia - and has the additional advantage of Bahamas registered companies not paying money to Her Majesty''s Revenue and Customs.[:|]

Hopefully this is the case 7rew. Fair play to Delia and MWJ for doing this, they deserve some respect for it, but I just hope it doesn''t put anyone off. It is clear we need investment sooner rather than later.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Hopefully this is the case 7rew. Fair play to Delia and MWJ for doing this, they deserve some respect for it, but I just hope it doesn''t put anyone off. It is clear we need investment sooner rather than later.[/quote]

Totally agree.I''m sure the more rabid Delia  haters will revert to type on this,but it gives a bit of stability and much needed short term confidence while,hopefully,a proper long term solution involving serious investment is being negotiated.

Whether Ms Smith has the financial muscle to take us forward is another question. But to criticise her and Mr Wyn Jones for apparently putting another £2 million in at short notice is absurd.

Something in the EDP article is a bit different from the numbers talked about yesterday. Doncaster says that the hole after the turners left is 3.5 million. The 2 million from the Smiths leaves a shortfall of 1.5 million - the same number talked about yesterday.So it looks like this extra 2 million from Delia was included in the calculations that Munby announced.So were the Turners going to pay 3.5 million after their 0.5 million earlier this year (4 million in total) - or if as reported it was 2 million of theirs (1.5 mill outstanding) - was the extra 2 million from Delia and MWJ already agreed before the Turners upped and left?

But the article doesn''t actually state that the money has been put in at short notice - it says ''this season'' - which can in all intents and purposes start at the end of last season!

IMO this is the money used to bring Dejan and the others here. In other words - it was necessary to put the money in, or face the season without a squad. Bit of a no-brainer really, and a sad story of the mess that the board have created.

[quote user="fleckmatic"]Something in the EDP article is a bit different from the numbers talked about yesterday. Doncaster says that the hole after the turners left is 3.5 million. The 2 million from the Smiths leaves a shortfall of 1.5 million - the same number talked about yesterday.

So it looks like this extra 2 million from Delia was included in the calculations that Munby announced.

So were the Turners going to pay 3.5 million after their 0.5 million earlier this year (4 million in total) - or if as reported it was 2 million of theirs (1.5 mill outstanding) - was the extra 2 million from Delia and MWJ already agreed before the Turners upped and left?
[/quote]

That did also leave me abit puzzled because as far as I knew we had a 2.5m black hole to fill so when I heard the news this morning that Delia and MWJ have invested 2m from their own pocket into the club I naturally assumed we would be left with a 500k hole left to fill?....

[quote user="fleckmatic"]Something in the EDP article is a bit different from the numbers talked about yesterday. Doncaster says that the hole after the turners left is 3.5 million. The 2 million from the Smiths leaves a shortfall of 1.5 million - the same number talked about yesterday.

So it looks like this extra 2 million from Delia was included in the calculations that Munby announced.

So were the Turners going to pay 3.5 million after their 0.5 million earlier this year (4 million in total) - or if as reported it was 2 million of theirs (1.5 mill outstanding) - was the extra 2 million from Delia and MWJ already agreed before the Turners upped and left?
[/quote]

I was just about to post the same thing. My first impressions were that it is new money but I think that the £2 million loan/donation was already budgeted for in this seasons income, but makes sense for this to be announced after the transfer window has passed.

Maybe not so much a mess from the board - but the nature of Championship football. Wages are too high, relative incomes are too low. To get decent players you effectively run at a loss - ploughing in loans and gifts to cover the shortfall.