Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dale

Roeders Blame game

I dont think Roeder is doing himself any favours popping at the players publicly.Its Wes Hoolahans turn  today.Peter Grant used to like doing it and in the end the players gave up.No one likes being told off in front of people in any job , its unprofessional.All the top managers/coaches defend their players in public and discipline them in private.It just looks like Roeder is trying to deflect some of the blame off himself for the winless start.He should take the flak on the chin for the players and ease the pressure on them.But I dont  think he is a big enough man to do that.The guy even tried to lay some of the blame on Neil Adams with his childish rant(in which he didnt have the bottle to name him) at him last season and if anything Adams is very biased towards the club and defended Roeder.Adams actually played it very well and didnt lower himself to Roeders level.But what a situation, the radio rummin(Norfolk) DJ taking the high road above the Norwich City manager.If it carries on the players will resent him and it will go downhill big time.

It is strange how he says '' I don''t like to criticise individual players but'' and then does just that. If you don''t like doing it then simply don''t Glen!!  Spot on re Neil Adams DD.

Well said Disco Dale,perhaps some people are begining to see through Glenda Roeder.I did say this a few weeks ago but got told to shut up.But we are all entitled to our opinion.special mention to Branston Pickle who think his opinion is the only one that counts

[quote user="Disco Dale"]It just looks like Roeder is trying to deflect some of the blame off himself for the winless start.[/quote]Do you blame Roeder for our winless start?I don''t blame him more or less than the players.  Cureton''s missed penalty.  The chances the team squandered against Coventry.  The ordinary finishing against Blackpool.How is this Roeder''s fault?

[quote user="Hucks6"]Well said Disco Dale,perhaps some people are begining to see through Glenda Roeder.I did say this a few weeks ago but got told to shut up.But we are all entitled to our opinion.special mention to Branston Pickle who think his opinion is the only one that counts[/quote]Your user name and apparent bitterness towards our manager suggests you might find this site useful.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Hucks6"]Well said Disco Dale,perhaps some people are begining to see through Glenda Roeder.I did say this a few weeks ago but got told to shut up.But we are all entitled to our opinion.special mention to Branston Pickle who think his opinion is the only one that counts
[/quote]

Your user name and apparent bitterness towards our manager suggests you might find this site useful.
[/quote]

[:D] I''m sure they may be quite a few people turn up to that...

[quote user="AndyJR"]It is strange how he says '' I don''t like to criticise individual players but'' and then does just that. If you don''t like doing it then simply don''t Glen!!  Spot on re Neil Adams DD.

[/quote]

exactly my thoughts....when he first came he said he wouldn''t criticise players in public yet he has now done it a couple of times

Sorry but I don''t agree with all this slagging the players down in public, there''s a time and place for it preferably behind a closed door.

What happened to Roeder saying he wouldn''t criticize the players in public, that didn''t last long did it?

Me thinks he nneds to go on a management skills course which will teach him to motivate and build confidence not destroy it!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Disco Dale"]It just looks like Roeder is trying to deflect some of the blame off himself for the winless start.[/quote]

Do you blame Roeder for our winless start?

I don''t blame him more or less than the players.  Cureton''s missed penalty.  The chances the team squandered against Coventry.  The ordinary finishing against Blackpool.

How is this Roeder''s fault?

[/quote]

Maybe your right , I mean Roeder only picks the team, coaches the team , takes the team meetings . decides the tactics, buys players, sells players , so nothing to do with him really.

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Hucks6"]Well said Disco Dale,perhaps some people are begining to see through Glenda Roeder.I did say this a few weeks ago but got told to shut up.But we are all entitled to our opinion.special mention to Branston Pickle who think his opinion is the only one that counts
[/quote]

Your user name and apparent bitterness towards our manager suggests you might find this site useful.
[/quote]

[:D] I''m sure they may be quite a few people turn up to that...

[/quote]

Fancy sharing a taxi?

[quote user="Disco Dale"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Disco Dale"]It just looks like Roeder is trying to deflect some of the blame off himself for the winless start.[/quote]

Do you blame Roeder for our winless start?

I don''t blame him more or less than the players.  Cureton''s missed penalty.  The chances the team squandered against Coventry.  The ordinary finishing against Blackpool.

How is this Roeder''s fault?

[/quote]

Maybe your right , I mean Roeder only picks the team, coaches the team , takes the team meetings . decides the tactics, buys players, sells players , so nothing to do with him really.

[/quote]

Oh so thats why we dont see Roeders name on the score sheet.....No wait a minute he is a manager not a player. Great comeback Disco! [8-|]

As a thumb rule i try not to slag players/staff but lately i''ve found myself questioning GRs honesty and morals. He seem to be hypocritical in a lot of things and comes across as very controlling.

wonder how long till Roeder blames the fans????

of course its NEVER your fault.. is it glenn?

just like it wasnt when relegated with Gillingham, Watford or Wet sham?

jas :)

dont forget that he DIDNT blame omuzuzi for the penalty bur said it was a stupid tackla that never needed to be made. Our strikers are not scoring but we''re missing loads of chances. Defensively we''re very strong but no clean sheets and David Marshall hasnt had a save to mkae but has conceded 6 goals in four matches.

However: Tommy Wright is brilliant, Steve Black is aguru and the new fitness staff have made us super fit!

My Guys (staff) good - your guys (players) bad!

He was damn right about that tackle. Omysushi had been told about that player not having a left peg and to just stand him up, so what does he do..? I have no prob with public criticism of players when they are obvious as long as they are also praised when they do well...which they have been ie pattison, loopholee.

The way I see it is that Roeder wont say to the public what he hasn''t already said to the player. It was quite obvious that he wasn''t impressed with Hoolahan during the game so he probably informed the press incase anyone with a seat near to the dug-out had heard and rumours spread etc.Hoolahan has got to change his approach - I would probably have to agree with that. His skills are great but he didn''t contribute enough for a player of his talents at the weekend.And as if to underline that Crofty came on and although he was reletively quiet to begin with did become lively towards the end when he saw more of the ball and put a decent cross in.When players like Matty and Crofty outplay a player like Hoolahan who has that bit more technically, do you really have a case to defend Hoolahan. I think Roeder has only stated what the fans saw during the game.To add to that if I were the player I would take this in good spirit. What Roeder is saying is that Wes is capable of better, and we expect better. We want to see him do what he does best and open up spaces and create chances - like I said the only player who did so was Matty.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Well said jas.

I need add nothing more to that.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Well said jas.

[/quote]Does no one detect the hint of hypocracy in their?!!So the fans are infallable are they? Blameless because they pay to watch and so can never be criticised even though the fans are assigned a squad number?Very interesting. Personally I would say that if you have a set of fans like Celtic, Liverpool etc it is like playing with an extra player. If we are honest, can anyone truly say that as a group of fans, that we have been as consistant as the promotion season?My personal opinion is that we developed some sort of whinging mechanism in the Premiership - probably due to "new" fans who thought that we should have stayed up rather more easily than we went down.

I did''nt go to Cardiff so only have limited information to go on but the clip of the first goal on The Championship on Sunday cut in just after Wes failed to get the tackle in. However that was well inside the Cardiff half of the pitch. The ball was played down our left where Stefanovich waved a limp wristed foot at the ball (and missed), then Kennedy got turned inside out by the scorer. So why give Hollahan a public blasting when those two guys (who are defenders after all) made such a hash of it themselves!  Sure, If Wes was dozy throughout the first half then fair enough take him off and let him know (in private) that he should have got stuck in but, once again, this public slagging of employees is, in my opinion, rank bad man management.

I raised this point when GR came out with that amazing outburst against Adams in the press. It was astonishing. I wouldn''t mind betting he never actually spoke to him about it on a ''one to one'' basis which is what any competent manager (of any business) should do. To me that showed a worrying flaw in GR''s management profile. Problem was most posters missed the point entirely and preferred to slag off Adams or simply respond by saying we''d taken ''x points out of x games since GR had arrived'' and failed to see there might be an issue. 

I hope and believe Hoolahan will respond and produce the performances on the pitch that GR bought him for, if he now gets  a chip on his shoulder and has a running battle with the manager that will be disasatrous for us. Hollahan has more skill on the ball and more quality than the rest of the run of the mill journeymen we put out each week put together!. 

[quote user="Disco Dale"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Disco Dale"]It just looks like Roeder is trying to deflect some of the blame off himself for the winless start.[/quote]Do you blame Roeder for our winless start?I don''t blame him more or less than the players.  Cureton''s missed penalty.  The chances the team squandered against Coventry.  The ordinary finishing against Blackpool.How is this Roeder''s fault?[/quote]

[/quote]So it''s Roeder''s fault that Cureton missed a penalty?  What a strange world you must live in.

If Cureton is hopeless which we all know he is why has this super Manager not found a replacement for him ? hes had all summer , yes we all know he has no money to buy one but he could of had Koroma , Lupoli or even Chris Martin on the pitch to take that penalty , he chose Cureton .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If Cureton is hopeless which we all know he is why has this super Manager not found a replacement for him ? hes had all summer , yes we all know he has no money to buy one but he could of had Koroma , Lupoli or even Chris Martin on the pitch to take that penalty , he chose Cureton .[/quote]Are you now suggesting it is in some way unreasonable for a manager to ask his centre forward, who is in the side to score goals - and last season''s leading goalscorer and penalty taker - to take the penalty kick?Frankly, I don''t think I have the time to explain why you''re wrong and I don''t think you have the IQ to understand.

Chicken. Firstly I apologise because i cannot use the quote system (Mac problems I think).

Unfortunately I rarely agree with your postings but, hey ho we all have our point of view. I just cannot allow you to have a go at our supporters and to compare them with Liverpool et al is simply ridiculous. The Liverpools of this world may not be totally successful all the time but they have a positive approach from the board room and rarely drop out of the top six. If we supporters followed a set up like that..... oh joy!!

At Cardiff on Saturday it was painful to watch for most of the game and yet half way through the second half we started chanting and out singing the Cardiff lot. There was precious little encouragement coming from the players/coaches at that time, what with players playing out of position and the chances of us scoring as likely as Dale Winton marrying a woman.

It''s easy supporting a successful club but some of the supporters so loved by the media do not bare close examination. Sunderland, West Ham and yes, even Newcastle struggle to attract when bad times hit them. I have also been at White Hart Lane when we have outplayed them and their support would have made it like a morgue if it wasn''t for us.

Frankly with all the negativity surrounding our club and the lack of any leadership from above, I can do without these digs at our support.

Thank you, thank you so much!

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Well said jas.

[/quote]

Does no one detect the hint of hypocracy in their?!!

So the fans are infallable are they? Blameless because they pay to watch and so can never be criticised even though the fans are assigned a squad number?

Very interesting. Personally I would say that if you have a set of fans like Celtic, Liverpool etc it is like playing with an extra player. If we are honest, can anyone truly say that as a group of fans, that we have been as consistant as the promotion season?

My personal opinion is that we developed some sort of whinging mechanism in the Premiership - probably due to "new" fans who thought that we should have stayed up rather more easily than we went down.
[/quote]

I have been consistent for 25 years, and my better half for over 40.  I critisise when I feel the need and the same goes with credit when it''s due.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]If Cureton is hopeless which we all know he is why has this super Manager not found a replacement for him ? hes had all summer , yes we all know he has no money to buy one but he could of had Koroma , Lupoli or even Chris Martin on the pitch to take that penalty , he chose Cureton .[/quote]Are you now suggesting it is in some way unreasonable for a manager to ask his centre forward, who is in the side to score goals - and last season''s leading goalscorer and penalty taker - to take the penalty kick?Frankly, I don''t think I have the time to explain why you''re wrong and I don''t think you have the IQ to understand.

[/quote]Oh please try , i do like listening to people like you talking out of your arsehole , Roeders great he won a few games last season he must be , twat .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]If Cureton is hopeless which we all know he is why has this super Manager not found a replacement for him ? hes had all summer , yes we all know he has no money to buy one but he could of had Koroma , Lupoli or even Chris Martin on the pitch to take that penalty , he chose Cureton .[/quote]Are you now suggesting it is in some way unreasonable for a manager to ask his centre forward, who is in the side to score goals - and last season''s leading goalscorer and penalty taker - to take the penalty kick?Frankly, I don''t think I have the time to explain why you''re wrong and I don''t think you have the IQ to understand.

[/quote]Oh please try , i do like listening to people like you talking out of your arsehole , Roeders great he won a few games last season he must be , twat .[/quote]Sorry, it seems I underestimated your intellect.