Sign in to follow this  
Webberlution

I never knew the colour of your boots said so much about you ...

Article on SkySports website: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11662_3936298,00.html

The Old Pro: Black Boots - Dion (His boots looked older than him!)
- A safe colour and suggest certinty and authority. Always worn traditional black boots, and always will.

The Maestro: White Boots - ?
- White represents purity and light and the Maestro oozes talent and class, and has everything except sweat-inducing work rate.

The Hot Potato: Red Boots - Lupoli
- Red is an intense colour which generates emotions. This fire-brand is impetuous and rash and will make their mark on the game, and their oponents.

The Veteran: Blue Boots - Fozzy (for a very short time in Sweden!)
- We look for blue skies, for peace and tranquility. He is convinced that his experience and nous more than makes up for a lack of pace. He switched to blue boots to demonstrate his coolness and calmness under pressure.

The Enigma: Green Boots - ?
- Here is a player who has the manager tearing his hair out in frustration. On his day, he can win a match by himself. One week, storming the barricages; next week, missing in action. Why? Who knows?

The Entertainer: Yellow Boots - Croft
- Yellow brings good cheer and optimism. Our yellow-booted entertainer is the life and soul of the team and shows lots of energy and enthusiasm.

The Organiser: Brown Boots - ?
-
Our brown booted player will be a smartly turned out defender, unyielding and dependable with a penchant for a sliding tackle.

The Golden Boy: Golden Boots - ?
- The colour of sun brings warmth and wisdom. He is super talented, but he might believe too much in his own publicity.

The Headless Chicken: Silver Boots - ?
- Silver offers light and balance, and he has pace to burn. However he is sometimes known as a headless chicken and his passing can be erratic.

The Eccentric: Orange Boots - Semmy
- Orange offers freedom and emotional release. Your orange booted player can be prone to impulsive decision making and heart stopping gaffes - the boots express his individuality and desire to be different.

Obviously you can never take these things too seriously but I CAN see some similarities between the descriptions and famous wearers. I haven''t been to any pre-season friendlies and so am not up-to-date with the latest boot trends! and have never really taken much interest before now - so please fill in the gaps.

It might also be fun to pick the boots you think our players should wear and any obvious descrepencies between the descriptions and their playing styles! I''m a black booted man myself so I don''t know what that says about me ...

The color of  boots says nothing about you really.  Some writer had to fill a column so they made this crap up and present it as science.  Last season someone posted some garbage about team colors making a difference, pointing out that red was common among Prems top clubs.  A few seconds of thought produced all sorts of examples of teams from various sports that don''t wear red, or much red, that are very successful, the best one pointed out by someone suggesting maybe Brazil needed to change team colors.

A few seconds of thought, Houston? You''ll be needing a lie down now then....

Despite myself though, its true, its just some hack filling column inches... was it written by a D Cuffley??

A few seconds of thought, Houston? You''ll be needing a lie down now then.... - EM

No "need" for a rest.  I don''t have the same work standards demanded by the union that you do.

For someone who said he was going to lay off, you are pretty reluctant to do so, EM. Emmmmm, maybe you initials tell more about you than you realize.  Emmmm, you don''t realize much is what that means. Thought I better explain it to you rather than leaving you frustrated and confused.

You''re welcome. 

keyser Soze

That has to be the BEST name ever on this forum!  Great movie but somewhat obscure, and to pick that name from it.....geez, that made me laugh!

[quote user="The Lord"]red ''total 90''s'' for me[/quote]I love the total 90''s [Y]First of all I had the white and black ones (like crofty and otsemobor for some of last season) and they lasted for about 2 years,then today i bought the grey and black with a bit of yellow here they are:http://www.sportsdirect.com/product-Nike-T90-Laser-FG-209118.htm

Nice pair of blue Total 90''s for me!!

Shame they''re caked in mud!! makes em a boring ''Defensive'' brown colour....Im sure you guys are the same!

Got to admit, i''m from the school of thought that says anyone wearing white boots on the Sunday pitch better be good otherwise they''re going to be taken out at the knees.  Bit like having a Kookabora "Big Kahuna" bat in the style of Ricky ponting. Now that''s just asking for chin music.

Hooly and Hucks both wear white boots.

Personally I''ve worn black adidas preds since I was about 10....not the same pair obviously!!

Although I did have a pair of black and silver Total 90 II''s.....very nice.

its style and shape that matter, as a goalie i had big old fat black pumas to punt a ball with, now as an outfielder i use white nike boots for a finesse touch, semmy and croft believe in finesse, people like stefo and kennedy will have lumpers...

I have... 3 white pairs, one dark blue and recently got some black ones.. thats including all astro-turf and HG etc. I suppose it does reflect me as a player, being as Ive never really found my proper position as yet!

great site for sportswear is prosportukbased on vulcan rd north actuallyhave all sorts therejust bought rugby boots and footy boots on theresummit for everyone poncy or not.i like me white boots, but its shape that matters eh.