Sign in to follow this  
scotty is here LOL

The sun is saying Howard 1.25m?????????

Its just one rumour doing the rounds.  Archant nicked it off

whichever rag started it, and another rag has thus nicked it from

Archant or the Beeb''s gossip page.  I doubt very much Roeder would

waste his cash like this...

[quote user="scotty is here LOL"]I really hope not don''t rate this guy at all please let it be wrong[/quote]

I do rate him, but not at £1.25m........ for a player of his standard and age (no scope for getting any money back for him), I would pay 600k tops. 

wow, would be cracking signing, just what we need! 1.25? not sure on! but lets splash n get before anyone steps in before us!!!!!

[quote user="billy bunter"]wow, would be cracking signing, just what we

need! 1.25? not sure on! but lets splash n get before anyone steps in

before us!!!!![/quote]

I didn''t realise he''d played for the Blades.....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="billy bunter"]wow, would be cracking signing, just what we need! 1.25? not sure on! but lets splash n get before anyone steps in before us!!!!![/quote]
I didn''t realise he''d played for the Blades.....
[/quote]

he plays for leicester! i think you have him mixed up with hulse who now at derby matey

Agreed he is not a bad player, but I would rather see us get a younger player.  That said if it does happen I will trust Roeder because he hasn''t made any mistakes in the transfer market so far.

[quote user="billy bunter"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote

user="billy bunter"]wow, would be cracking signing, just what we need!

1.25? not sure on! but lets splash n get before anyone steps in before

us!!!!![/quote]I didn''t realise he''d played for the Blades.....[/quote]

he plays for leicester! i think you have him mixed up with hulse who now at derby matey

[/quote]

I know he plays for Leicester, I was just surprised you rated him since

he doesn''t play for Sheffield United, who you''ve been creaming your

tighty whiteys over recently...

Think about it though...

Derby 2006/07: strikeforce: Lupoli and Howard: got promoted

You''re telling me Howard is a bad player? With Lupoli, he could help us get back where we belong... (like he did with Derby)

[quote user="Jarrold King"]

Think about it though...

Derby 2006/07: strikeforce: Lupoli and Howard: got promoted

You''re telling me Howard is a bad player? With Lupoli, he could help us get back where we belong... (like he did with Derby)

[/quote]

Lupoli and Howard would work i think!

I''d be happy if we signed him for a smaller fee (500k max.) along with another (superior, younger, quicker) target man. 

He clearly has something about him if Derby and Leicester have paid combined fees approaching £3m for the guy over the last few seasons - he starred when Derby got promoted little more than a year ago and he cost Leicester £1.5m only 6 months ago.  Yes, £1.25m seems over the odds, but I seem to recall when we were out-bid by Derby there seemed to be few options for target men, and I''m not sure that things have changed too much in the intervening years.   He has a good record, fits what we are currently after and at 32 is harldy ancient (am sure that was when Iwan was in his prime, and he wasn''t the fastest guy in the world).

I think he''d be excellent! it is a lot of money for a 32 year old but he would be a very good signing.  I don''t care if his legs have gone (unless the y actually physically have of course), his job will be to score with his head from set pieces and hold up the play for Lupoli/Curo etc to run onto his through balls.  Also he will be knocking down crosses from the wings for our more vertically challenged but quicker strikers to smash into the net from a few yards.  Thats why we need a big man.  He is excellent at all the above and I believe he''d be a great signing.  Just no more than 2 year contract though please.  750K up front and 500K for promotion would work for me.....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

He clearly has something about him if Derby and Leicester have paid combined fees approaching £3m for the guy over the last few seasons - he starred when Derby got promoted little more than a year ago and he cost Leicester £1.5m only 6 months ago.  Yes, £1.25m seems over the odds, but I seem to recall when we were out-bid by Derby there seemed to be few options for target men, and I''m not sure that things have changed too much in the intervening years.   He has a good record, fits what we are currently after and at 32 is harldy ancient (am sure that was when Iwan was in his prime, and he wasn''t the fastest guy in the world).

[/quote]

We weren''t outbid, the club didn''t think he was worth the money, which was something which grated with Worthington.

[quote user="billy bunter"]wow, would be cracking signing, just what we need! 1.25? not sure on! but lets splash n get before anyone steps in before us!!!!![/quote]

Let me get this right Billy.  You''re the arch pessimist with everything we''ve done so far pre season but you think wasting £1.25mil on this lump of lard is appealing?????? Jeeeeeeeeeeez!!!! Are you for real?