Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Expect A Signing VERY Soon

After the kick in the balls from the club this morning I reckon there has to be a signing imminent to soften the blow.

They know it is bad P.R and I feel that something is brewing to take our minds off the boardroom kerfuffle.

Yep, they need to calm down the fans so any deals near completion will be pushed through quickly to try and calm the masses.

I think you are right Vern, even our current Board cannot be stupid enough not to expect an angry backlash from fans, and a couple of signings would go a long way towards calming the situation (for now!)

They have not got the money to make a good signing , we are the laughing stock of the Championship and rightly so .

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I think you are right Vern, even our current Board cannot be stupid enough not to expect an angry backlash from fans, and a couple of signings would go a long way towards calming the situation (for now!)[/quote]

Thanks for copying my signature Sal[:)]

No, I think it is some of our supporters who would be the laughing stock - it is as if they have just been told that they can''t have the toy they wanted for Christmas.

I have to agree, its a big kick in the balls today and I''m pretty sure they''ll try to temporarily lift our spirits with a signing........better be a bloody good one........

[quote user="Vern "]

After the kick in the balls from the club this morning I reckon there has to be a signing imminent to soften the blow.

They know it is bad P.R and I feel that something is brewing to take our minds off the boardroom kerfuffle.

[/quote]

They arent that clever.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]No, I think it is some of our supporters who would be the laughing stock - it is as if they have just been told that they can''t have the toy they wanted for Christmas.[/quote]Nobody gets to play with Smiths toy , and thats the problem .

Given how inept the PR ''machine'' has recently been I''d quite expect to read a story any minute about Adam Drury''s return to fitness (or something simiar). Having him back is like making a new signing blah, blah, blah.

"I''m raring to go," said Adam. "The gaffer''s brought in some really good lads and we''re all really positive about the new season. I''m looking forward to a healthy competition for a place with Ryan - he''s a cracking lad who comes from a good footballing pedigree at Chelsea."

Calm them my arse, how many more times during our lifetime is there likely to be a NCFC fan worth 1.7 Billion from a company running 10 years, thus growing 170 million a year willing to invest.

This is the greatest opportunity to come the clubs way in its history and she is not willing to deal. This deal could secure this club for the next 100 years and if it is not done then I will not support the club under this ownership.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

Calm them my arse, how many more times during our lifetime is there likely to be a NCFC fan worth 1.7 Billion from a company running 10 years, thus growing 170 million a year willing to invest.

This is the greatest opportunity to come the clubs way in its history and she is not willing to deal. This deal could secure this club for the next 100 years and if it is not done then I will not support the club under this ownership.

[/quote]

Bye bye then

Maybe Ameobi will be bought by money scraped together from Delia and the Turners. I reckon the money''s there, i just think the board are wary of taking such a big risk on him. It''d give Roeder no excuse but to succeed if he got his top target though. I personally will forgive and understand the board for letting this opportunity go by for now if we get 2 decent strikers and a decent Centre Back and a couple of loans to fill the squad out. This is achieveable for £4m definately, and it''s not like we''re overrun on wages (Ameobi £2m (until he and/or we succeed then an affordable £3-4m...), Rigters £600k or Morrison (free) (who would fit in our 2 striker system see warnock interview on sky), The macedonia Defender mooted Novecki £1m or Iliev if his work permit is sorted £500k or Gorkks £500k-700k or Taylor £1m-£1.25m. This is all we need i feel, we don''''t need £20m yet, but it would be nice!

We can''t afford anyone at the moment, If we "Expect a signing very soon" then im guessing it be someone from League 1 who''s out of contract.

[quote user="billy bunter"]

We can''t afford anyone at the moment, If we "Expect a signing very soon" then im guessing it be someone from League 1 who''s out of contract.

[/quote]

Binner alert!!

It will probably happen Vern, signing to calm the storm, here''s hoping anyway, otherwise this could be seen as one of the darkest days in recent NCFC history if the start of the season is not to everyones liking.

[quote user="C.T"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I think you are right Vern, even our current Board cannot be stupid enough not to expect an angry backlash from fans, and a couple of signings would go a long way towards calming the situation (for now!)[/quote]

Thanks for copying my signature Sal[:)]

[/quote]

Sorry C.T, didn''t realise. I put it up today, I guess you have had it longer. I will replace soon.

If Delia et al are being prudent perhaps they dont want to conclude any deals until we are into August and revenue starts coming inThis would save a significant outgoing when no money coming in

Well that just doesn''t make sense does it lol, the season will have started already, so are you saying we start making a team during the first few matches of the season??!

CT, is "The only way we would relinquish our shares is if somebody is going to

put money into the football.Only if they put money into the squad - not

if they buy our shares, we don''t want money. .'' - D Smith, Jan ''07" the quote every one is on about, Delia saying she would walk for investment.  If it is then my god this is a storm in a tea cup, this clearly means do both fgs.  They will only sell their shares to someone prepared to put money in, It doesn''t mean they will given them to someone prepared to put money in.   In fact given that it was made after Cullum''s initial advance then this is the only valid interpretation.  It certainly isn''t the henious lie that is being claimed, just a slightly ambigous statement.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

[/quote]

we need you to hang on in there mate, otherwise you risk surrendering the club to some of the priceless looney''s who post on here.

Snakepit, for the first time in 25 years I am close to joining you!

you all seemed to be fooled into thinking the board are actually bothered at all by what we think

i was in charge i''m not sure i''d care what the fans think of my business, let alone look to appease them with a signing just for the sake of it

i''m not saying i agree with what''s happened today, but we''re not the ones in control and seemingly there is nothing any of us can do about it!

Robert Chase just left all of his own accord then did he? Don''t you remember the mounted Policemen? Norwich fan''s may have a reputation for being sleepy country folk but when roused, can achieve the impossible. The question is can enough of them be roused this time around?

And for those who think that the major-shareholding duo, are purely involved with NCFC Plc - purely for the love of the club...."OINK! OINK! WHOOOOOOOSHHHHH!"

Wing Commander Piggy Trotter the Pilot, was last seen for-mating with some Typhoon''s over Fairford, after doing a low and fast fly-by for the benefit of those starry-eyed celebridee fawning luvvies at Carra.....OINK! OINK! Flaps down, check speed, 4 greens turning downwind to land......[ap]