Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

I'm staying on the fence for now...

The fact that this was a joint statement makes me believe there will be more to come. Everybody is making guesses of what the deal was and why the deal is now off. Posters on this message board over the last week has been trying to explain ways Peter Cullum can invest 20m on players, not buy any existing shares and take control of the club. Nobody has managed it yet. The best shot I heard was "Peter Cullum is a successful businessman so would know how to do it".

"Peter Cullum and the directors of Norwich City Football Club PLC have been unable to agree a mutually acceptable basis upon which they can meet the stated objectives of Peter Cullum, whilst still ensuring compliance with the current legal and contractual obligations of the club to its stakeholders, and delivering a solution that the directors of Norwich City Football Club consider to be in the best interests of the club and its stakeholders"

I agree that if the deal is dead in the water and cannot be resurrected then the fans deserve and explaination. But having gone public with this in the way he did I would doubt Peter Cullum would have agreed to a joint statement if this was just a case of the board being totally obstructive.

I can''t speak for all posters but I know I am out of my depth when it comes to the buying and selling of football clubs. I would imagine that at some point money would have to change hands if control changed. I also know that the £30 share value is for the unnissued shares that the club hold and any value of personal shareholdings would be a private matter between the buyer and seller.

I''m staying on the fence for now.

Who is to say he has secretly put in some money into the club, but this statement is too stop inflated prices?

[quote user="ncfclad"]Who is to say he has secretly put in some money into the club, but this statement is too stop inflated prices?[/quote]

This is certainly possible, it would be backed up by some serious signings 

Thoroughly agree nutty - We''re only in possession of the flimsiest of facts, and if we''re honest most of us probably don''t know how to interpret what little we''ve been told.  My understanding / guesswork is that he probably can''t buy 20 million pounds worth of new shares in the club legally, due to some arcane restrictions no doubt, and he hasn''t made an offer to all shareholders instead, maybe because he has his money tied up in other things.

Maybe he''ll come back with a new offer for Delias'' toy when he''s released a few more smarties from the toytown bank ?

[quote user="ncfclad"]Who is to say he has secretly put in some money into the club, but this statement is too stop inflated prices?[/quote]

God doesn''t hope spring eternal!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Thoroughly agree nutty - We''re only in possession of the flimsiest of facts, and if we''re honest most of us probably don''t know how to interpret what little we''ve been told.  My understanding / guesswork is that he probably can''t buy 20 million pounds worth of new shares in the club legally, due to some arcane restrictions no doubt, and he hasn''t made an offer to all shareholders instead, maybe because he has his money tied up in other things.

Maybe he''ll come back with a new offer for Delias'' toy when he''s released a few more smarties from the toytown bank ?

[/quote]

I can''t get past the thought that to get full control of the club and the 20m all going in as new investment doesn''t add up. Maybe a few shareholders would be willing to hand over their shares for free on that deal but not many would. The buying and selling of personal shareholdings is surely a personal matter whether it''s mine or Delias. The price has to be agreed between the two parties. There are many posters would have her give them away for the 20m to go to the club but you can bet there''s more to it than that. I am not sure this is over yet but I now have no idea what the solution is. However, to be fair, I never did.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

NN, is there space on the fence for a little fat bloke from Thetford?  I''d like to sit up there with you if that''s ok.

[/quote]

No, it''s a barbed-wire, fence.......

I''m joining you, its hard to know what to believe. I was all for a Cullum takeover but I get the feeling he made a bit of a snide offer to the board and then went to the papers to get our support almost like a little spoilt brat...............theres more than this than meets the eye

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

NN, is there space on the fence for a little fat bloke from Thetford?  I''d like to sit up there with you if that''s ok.

[/quote]

No, it''s a barbed-wire, fence.......

[/quote]

Nonsense Mello, this is a meticulously constructed, and poster-friendly fence, complete with nice shiny new plastic seats.  The seats were the only way we could keep SoB on board...

Inch-High, need a leg-up ?  Or maybe a shoulder ?

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

You''ll never catch me up there . . . I''m going with my gut instinct allied to a bit of common sense.

[/quote]

And to think I was relying upon entrails and tea-leaves...

I fell off the fence in spectacular style this morning and have yet to

decide whether or not to return... if my seat is still free could

someone stick their jumper on it for a bit...?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

You''ll never catch me up there . . . I''m going with my gut instinct allied to a bit of common sense.

[/quote]

And to think I was relying upon entrails and tea-leaves...

[/quote]

Would that be arrdee''s chitterlings blah?  I wouldn''t rely on them if I were you, you don''t know where they''ve come from  . . . [N]

Good post NN, it will all come out in the wash I am sure, so staying put on the fence!!. All I really want to know if I am going to have to sit on my sun bleached almost white seat, or whether I will be sitting on a brand new, shiny, bright yellow seat. I am happy to be left with my old seat if it means that I am watching an "unrecognisable squad" that is not made up of 6 or 7 loanees....[:D]

I''d like to sit on the fence, but that said I''d like to see change at the club, but not at any cost.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I hope it''s an electric fence....[/quote]

Have you never sat on an electric fence, Mello? It''s actually quite enjoyable once you get over the initial shock...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I hope it''s an electric fence....[/quote]But at least we''d have the power...

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I hope it''s an electric fence....[/quote]

Have you never sat on an electric fence, Mello? It''s actually quite enjoyable once you get over the initial shock...

[/quote]

What next? Nipple Clamps? Gimp Suit? Prince Albert piercing connected to a 12v battery......Or maybe, a good long poke from a cattle prod? Or even ask the local Bobby to give you a ''ZAP'' from his/her Tazer?

When I have regular walks through the countryside, I have yet to witness cows, horses, pigs and sheep - moaning with ecstasy and pleasure, when they come into contact with electric fences......

Still........

This thread displays the most common sense I`ve sen on here since the PC interview in the EDP last week...................................Room for one more ??

I appreciate the sentiment blah.  But the bottom line is if ANYONE on this message board was worth 1.3 billion and was 57 years old, every single one of us would FIND the money to get the club moving.  I simply do not buy this spin that Cullum said "20 million for the lot or I walk away" - we already know the guy has freed up more than double that liquidity recently.Would a man of his means have bothered meeting, bothered with this pressure and spin only to walk away at the first hurdle knowing the population of Norfolk was hanging on every word?Something simply does not add up about all of this.  The guy has been trying to get in since AT LEAST last October - why walk away now its in the open?

SO why Delia''s comments at the showground?  Why a total lack of signings when we need attackers and defenders more than at any time in the past 20 years?  Why has Glenn Roeder been utterly silent on everything?Something stinks and nothing adds up.[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[quote]Something stinks and nothing adds up.[/quote]

And that''s we''re all on the fence - nothing adds up from either side.  Until someone from either side gives a reasonable account of what went on, why it didn''t work, I''m staying up here.

Hello everyone.  Nutty, would I be allowed on your fence? I feel i''m idealogically with you, but some may object so I shall ask permission before attempting to scale it.Here''s hoping7rew