Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

Norfolk inbreds - that old chestnut

Did anybody see Jimmy Carr last night ? I flicked channels and watched him for a few minutes just at the time he made his joke about people in Norfolk with 7 fingers. He then showed an old American advertisement, which he called tasteless (how rich is that !!) because it was for a toy machine gun branded "Gung Ho" with American kids playing soldiers and made the comment that they would all have been killed 10 years later in Vietnam by a man with the same name. What a tosser.

went to see him once and made me laugh so much, even joked with the nowich audience about inbreeding (we can take the joke), but since then his humour hasn''t moved on. his latest dvd was full of jokes he''s told before, and he don''t appear to have any new material

Maybe it`s just me but this guy just is not funny IMO.

I`ve seen him on lots of shows on TV and TBH he really struggles to be funny when in the company of such comedy genius as Jupitus or Bill Bailey. rom what I`ve seen, insults form the basis of his "comedy".

As you said, To***r[:P]

[quote user="bunny"]He''s on the list, along with Clarkson......[/quote]

Clarkson does , however amuse me at times although I could see how he pi**es some people off.

I saw him on Question Time a few years ago and he made mincemeat of the politicians on there.

Seems he hasn`t been asked back since.

[quote user="McCanary"]

Maybe it`s just me but this guy just is not funny IMO.

I`ve seen him on lots of shows on TV and TBH he really struggles to be funny when in the company of such comedy genius as Jupitus or Bill Bailey. rom what I`ve seen, insults form the basis of his "comedy".

As you said, To***r[:P]

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more

clarkson is a cantancerous old man, but hilarious with it!!! the inbred jokes I don''t mind coz we know it aint true and can take it in good humour. clarkson wrote once that he went to a garage in norfolk and when he gave them a credit card they looked at it and put it in the till!! now knowing some more rural areas (and some less rural, diss!!!) thats likely!!!!

[quote user="National express super guard"]clarkson is a cantancerous old man, but hilarious with it!!! the inbred jokes I don''t mind coz we know it aint true and can take it in good humour. clarkson wrote once that he went to a garage in norfolk and when he gave them a credit card they looked at it and put it in the till!! now knowing some more rural areas (and some less rural, diss!!!) thats likely!!!!
[/quote]

Having lived in Diss for some years I can totally agree with you here!!

Yes I saw that too.

For one moment I thought the same as you Snooty.

Then I thought how original that was.

Maybe that''s why he''s on this type of show.

A career in the decline.

He''s is not very funny in my opinion.

[quote user="Willzy65"]Yes I saw that too. For one moment I thought the same as you Snooty. Then I thought how original that was. Maybe that''s why he''s on this type of show. A career in the decline. He''s is not very funny in my opinion.[/quote]

give me a high 6! [<:o)]

Funnily enough, when i think about what an inbred might look like i get a mental image of......Jimmy Carr.

Seriously, he looks like one of my old action men after a playmate had taken a lighter to it`s face!  The action man was more animated and funny though......

[quote user="National express super guard"]clarkson is a cantancerous old man, but hilarious with it!!! the inbred jokes I don''t mind coz we know it aint true and can take it in good humour. clarkson wrote once that he went to a garage in norfolk and when he gave them a credit card they looked at it and put it in the till!! now knowing some more rural areas (and some less rural, diss!!!) thats likely!!!!
[/quote]

have to agree with you there, Clarkson can be hilarious despite his dislike of Norfolk.

Just as point of useless info, Jimmy Carr''s nephew is a Norwich fan and sometimes posts on the official site!

I laughed at most of that programme but - as with Mock The Week - the Norfolk references are just a bit lazy (bit like a gag about all Liverpudlians being ''robbers'').

[quote user="jetstream"]Just as point of useless info, Jimmy Carr''s nephew is a Norwich fan and sometimes posts on the official site! [/quote]

his name isnt Juan by any chance is it? or Wayne?

jas :)

He is much better live than on tv i think. Cant see how anybody can see Jimmy Carr''s humour is old but Frankie Boyle''s isnt. He still uses the joke about the condom with the stuff that numbs you. Dylan Moran is one of the best stand ups around and Ross Noble if you like it a bit surreal.

[quote user="TomSlisz"]Lee Evans is the best comedian [/quote]the only comedian that can have me in stiches..........have front row tickets for his O2 show

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="TomSlisz"]Lee Evans is the best comedian
[/quote]

the only comedian that can have me in stiches..........have front row tickets for his O2 show
[/quote]

I think Im in a minority when I say i cant stand Lee Evans.

[quote user="king canary"]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="TomSlisz"]Lee Evans is the best comedian [/quote]the only comedian that can have me in stiches..........have front row tickets for his O2 show[/quote]

I think Im in a minority when I say i cant stand Lee Evans.

[/quote]
no, I can''t stand him either, but I do like grumpy comics like jack dee and frankie boyle

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

Did anybody see Jimmy Carr last night ? I flicked channels and watched him for a few minutes just at the time he made his joke about people in Norfolk with 7 fingers. He then showed an old American advertisement, which he called tasteless (how rich is that !!) because it was for a toy machine gun branded "Gung Ho" with American kids playing soldiers and made the comment that they would all have been killed 10 years later in Vietnam by a man with the same name. What a tosser.

[/quote]

have seen him a couple of times and for me he is light years ahead of anyone else. Compared to Lee Evans who I also saw recently Jimmy Carr is miles funnier. Am going to see him at Gt Yarmouth next month and have tickets for the front row. As he usually finds his "victims" in the front row I am a little afraid.

As for the joke about Norfolk people that could equally be applied to Suffolk, Lincolnshire, Somerset etc, don''t be so sensitive! If you have ever travelled with Club Canary you will see there are a number of candidates who fit the 7 fingers possibility...

Yeah my girlfriend (lives in Cambridge, met at UEA) is always a bit taken aback by the number of strange folk who often inhabit the Dereham Road after dark.