Sign in to follow this  
Good News Gordon

WAKE UP YOU LOT....IT's JULY 1st

All this talk about PC and buying this club is wonderful stuff, but has anyone noticed the date?

ITS JULY 1st

point of this being we are down by around 8 players, and its back to work day for the team.

maybe we should worry less about who owns the club and more about who is going to turn out on the pitch in a few weeks time!

SMOKESCREEN?

[quote user="Good News Gordon"]

All this talk about PC and buying this club is wonderful stuff, but has anyone noticed the date?

ITS JULY 1st

point of this being we are down by around 8 players, and its back to work day for the team.

maybe we should worry less about who owns the club and more about who is going to turn out on the pitch in a few weeks time!

SMOKESCREEN?

[/quote]

Thought you had all the inside info about all this Gordon !

I''d be far more worried if it was April 1st . . .

The reason why the squad is so thin is the same reason why we''re more concerned at this point about who runs the club than who plays for it.  At long, long last we''ve got down to basics.

[quote user="national express super boss"]yeah from today we actually see how much financial clout we have in this transfer window prior to (if we get) investment into the playing suad from a certain P.Cullum.[/quote]

My point is WHO GAVE THE MEDIA THE STORY PC OR NCFC

WOULD  THE EDP UPSET ALL AT CARROW ROAD, & BURN BRIDGES?

Well that would depend on who Archant thinks is going to win!

[quote user="national express super boss"]yeah from today we actually see how much financial clout we have in this transfer window prior to (if we get) investment into the playing suad from a certain P.Cullum.[/quote]

My point is WHO GAVE THE MEDIA THE STORY PC OR NCFC

WOULD  THE EDP UPSET ALL AT CARROW ROAD, & BURN BRIDGES?

[/quote]

Yes, if they had reason to believe they were on to a winner.  It''s like Rupert Murdoch switching his allegiance from the Tories to Tony Blair.  The fact that they ran the story at all is highly significant imho.  No one will be more aware of that than the present incumbents of FCR. 

As a journo Camul has been stressing over the quality of the story (or lack of it) but with respect he''s missing the point. 

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Happy Canada Day, everyone!  141 years and counting.[/quote]

Happy Canada Day. What''s Canada Day?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Well that would depend on who Archant thinks is going to win![/quote]

Could be right, but if PC doesn''t win I think the Lowestoft Journal will get the scoops before the EDP

Thats very funny GNG I didn''t know you were a comedian as well!

Happy Canada day for all those Canaries fans abroad [:)]

Oh yes it''s first of July, and we have the grand sum of 2 players in, woooooooooooo blooming hooooooooooooo [<:o)]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Happy Canada Day, everyone!  141 years and counting.[/quote]

[/quote]

Fête du Canada, formerly Dominion Day, is Canada''s National Day, a federal statutory holiday, celebrated on July 1 annually by all Canadians. Canada Day observances take place not only throughout the nation, but also internationally

ITS JULY 1st

SMOKESCREEN?

[/quote]

There will be plenty of signings this week - it''s not like other clubs have been snapping ''em up.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

Fête du Canada, formerly Dominion Day, is Canada''s National Day, a federal statutory holiday, celebrated on July 1 annually by all Canadians. Canada Day observances take place not only throughout the nation, but also internationally

[/quote]

Ok. Happy Canada Day.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="Good News Gordon"]

ITS JULY 1st

SMOKESCREEN?

[/quote] There will be plenty of signings this week - it''s not like other clubs have been snapping ''em up.[/quote]

Other clubs don''t have such a thin squad as us!

[quote user="Babyface"][quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="Good News Gordon"]

ITS JULY 1st

SMOKESCREEN?

[/quote] There will be plenty of signings this week - it''s not like other clubs have been snapping ''em up.[/quote]

Other clubs don''t have such a thin squad as us!

[/quote]

That''s true, maybe we would be better entering two full teams in a five a side competition lol.

In all seriousness It''s now pre-season training upon us, where are all the players we were supposed to be getting in?  We have two, one on a free and one worth £250,000.  Not exactly getting my juices flowing with excitement at the lack of action on the transfer front.  Two good players in, too many to count out.

Why do I have a horrid feeling we are going to be in the same position this season as last?

I would love to proved wrong of course.

I totally agree, all this Cullum business has distracted people beyond reason. The size of our squad is pathetic today and ant proposed takeover is far from being complete, if indeed it ever happens. People have come onto this forum promising this and that, inside knowledge etc etc and while most of us take these claims with a polite pinch of salf, I think we all believed that today would see a real flurry of activity. We have got Clingon and Hoolahan which was a good start, but time is very much running out. When is our first pre-season friendly?

ITS JULY 1st

SMOKESCREEN?

[/quote]

You still here chief?! [:|]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I totally agree, all this Cullum business has distracted people beyond reason. The size of our squad is pathetic today and ant proposed takeover is far from being complete, if indeed it ever happens. People have come onto this forum promising this and that, inside knowledge etc etc and while most of us take these claims with a polite pinch of salf, I think we all believed that today would see a real flurry of activity. We have got Clingon and Hoolahan which was a good start, but time is very much running out. When is our first pre-season friendly?[/quote]

In terms of numbers we''re no further forward than we were at the end of last season.  Two in, two out (assuming the Doc has gone awol), possibly three as Roeder is not making encouraging noises about Lappin coming back. 

I would be worried, if there was any point . . . [:|]

My last girlfriend was Canadian, she was evil [:P]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I totally agree, all this Cullum business has distracted people beyond reason. The size of our squad is pathetic today and ant proposed takeover is far from being complete, if indeed it ever happens. People have come onto this forum promising this and that, inside knowledge etc etc and while most of us take these claims with a polite pinch of salf, I think we all believed that today would see a real flurry of activity. We have got Clingon and Hoolahan which was a good start, but time is very much running out. When is our first pre-season friendly?[/quote]

It was perhaps a bit naiive to expect a ''flurry of activity'' today based on the date change. Yes, this is the day that contracts are up, but as we''ve already seen that doesn''t stop players signing before (or after) that date. Anyone purchased can turn up at any time. So the concept of 5+ players turning up today just because it''s July 1st was never a good grounding for a rumour. Though it didn''t stop people like the first poster on this thread...

''The size of the rebuilding task facing manager Glenn Roeder was all too

clear today as Norwich City went back to work today with one of their

thinnest squads of all time.''
Ug.

[quote user="AndyJR"]''The size of the rebuilding task facing manager Glenn Roeder was all too clear today as Norwich City went back to work today with one of their thinnest squads of all time.''

Ug.

[/quote]

So Doc didn''t turn up then? [:P][:)]

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]

My last girlfriend was Canadian, she was evil [:P]

[/quote]

How was she evil IS?

No Doc apparently.  I''m going to start a facebook club to petition to get him added to the hall of fame list, how can anyone say he does''nt deserve it.  I jest - sod off Docherty.

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfers/0,20367,11687,00.htmlJust had to laugh at this, some crazy fool at sky has missed off a lot of 0''s off the players prices. I found it rather amusing that Jon Macken cost £200 and that David Murphy cost £2 - which was actually a bottle of pop, a packet of crisps and a mars bar!Damn we have missed out on some bargains!

GNG p**s off back to the Ipswich forums one minute its inside knowledge next its questioning investment. It seems very true this investment just come at the wrong time but i can''t see roeder being put of buying players because of this.

Saying its a smokescreen is bloody stupid as fans and the club are still aware of what needs to be done! Investment will just be an additional lifeline to a club thats currnet finacial position is dire compared to its ambitions

hhmmmm 1st of July, mid afternoon.........no signings, no press conferences and I''m sick to death with all the Cullum/Delia talk already..........back to bed me thinks!