Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Barry Skipper

It all boils down to Cullum and control - if he is willing to not have *total* control then Skippers idea is workable and good!

As skipper says, Cullum can offer to buy the 32% or so from the supporters, but most won''t sell, as they didn''t buy to make money in the first place.

He makes a very good point - 32% is owned by the supporters, yet there is no representation on the board for that group.  Time that was addressed I reckon.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Can''t see another thread on this. Nobody else seen his article in the Pink''un?
Fascinating.
And bloody complicated!
[/quote]

It just confirmed what I aleady suspected that the figure of 56 million was set unrealisticly high to keep the present fools and cowards in office.

1st Wizard wrote the following post at 02/07/2008 10:23 AM:

ron obvious wrote:

Can''t see another thread on this. Nobody else seen his article in the Pink''un?
Fascinating.
And bloody complicated!

It just confirmed what I aleady suspected that the figure of 56 million was set unrealisticly high to keep the present fools and cowards in office.

How much will it take me to raise for you to go away and have no further input?

[quote user="ob1"]It all boils down to Cullum and control - if he is willing to not have *total* control then Skippers idea is workable and good!
[/quote]

No it isn''t it takes two to tango.  D&M are the ones who currently have overall control.  Are they willing to relinquish it?

Skipper has his figures slightly wrong too, in that D&M now own 61.2% of shares, not 57.4%.

This has been going on since at least last September (judging by JC''s post dated 1st October).  If both sides were willing to compromise it would have happened by now. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

He makes a very good point - 32% is owned by the supporters, yet there

is no representation on the board for that group.  Time that was

addressed I reckon.[/quote]It could be addressed very simply, if the supporters banded together to vote as a block, or joined an organisation which allowed them to retain ownership, yet delegate their voting rights to appointed individuals, democratically elected.Oh wait...I''ve just described the Norwich City Supporter''s Trust [8-)]! Persuade enough people to join the Trust and you will soon have your wish. It only costs a tenner to join and the money is used to buy unissued share capital - just think, if that happened, the supporters could be the single largest voting block on the new Board of Directors...

Wow, Skippy talks some sense here.  I''d already wondered about the

bit where he says that most lenders would be happy to continue the

loans with Cullum on board, so nice to see that clarified.  I like

his suggestion overall, especially the bit about supporter

representation on the board.

With the lack of news from either party yesterday, I hope this is because they''ve sat down at a table to thrash out a deal...

Thank god for Skipper. A real insider who knows the real value.

Surely Cullum would go another 5 million. That would leave Delia and MWJ with their cash and no excuses.

[quote user="mozzer"]

ron obvious wrote:

Can''t see another thread on this. Nobody else seen his article in the Pink''un?
Fascinating.
And bloody complicated!

[/quote]

I''ll chip in. £56m?

I''m not sure Cullum would be happy putting in that amount of cash for just 32% but at least Skipper is looking for ways to make it work. Hopefully that is what everyone is doing behind the scenes at the moment.

[quote user="mozzer"]

ron obvious wrote:

Fascinating.
And bloody complicated!

[/quote]

Why for once our daft old wizard is right.

Did I just say that?

Well is this good or bad, surely this shows there is a slight split in the club? I''m glad Skipper has come out and proved to the fans that the figures released on Monday were unrealistic, we could all see that, but where does it put the club now? This needs to be sorted sooner rather than later, before it starts to ruin our pre-season.

And if anyone hasn''t seen the article:

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED02%20Jul%202008%2009%3A25%3A18%3A687

[quote user="mozzer"]

ron obvious wrote:

Fascinating.
And bloody complicated!

[/quote]

More money then you''ve got Delia!.

[quote user="IncH-HigH"][quote user="mozzer"]

ron obvious wrote:

Can''t see another thread on this. Nobody else seen his article in the Pink''un?Fascinating.And bloody complicated!

[/quote]

Why for once our daft old wizard is right.

Did I just say that?

[/quote]I know its difficult to admit and i''m trying to keep the bile in my stomach but I am agreeing with Wiz a bit at the moment!!

one question with regards to shares in ncfc plc, how many on here own shares and at what price did u pay for those shares, and realistically how much do u think ure shares are worth nowreason i ask is because if you look at various multi million pound profit firms are struggling to reach there potential share price in the current credit crunch market and do u think delia has priced her shares out of the market,

Royal Anglian all the way wrote the following post at 02/07/2008 11:27 AM:

one question with regards to shares in ncfc plc, how many on here own shares and at what price did u pay for those shares, and realistically how much do u think ure shares are worth now

reason i ask is because if you look at various multi million pound profit firms are struggling to reach there potential share price in the current credit crunch market and do u think delia has priced her shares out of the market,

I bought a few just after Delia joined (when there was the first issue) think I paid £25 for each one. I won''t sell as I have enjoyed the numerous AGM''s since then (and didn''t buy them to ever make a profit) - whatever anyone says about the board they do make themselves available at the end of the meetings and are all very approachable and will answer any questions - I''ve learnt alot that I wouldn''t have know about the general workings of the club and now have a few close contacts there.

[quote user="mozzer"]

I''ve learnt alot that I wouldn''t have know about the general workings of the club and now have a few close contacts there.[/quote]

Dress it up how you like, but all they do is spin and tell porkies to fans at AGM''s

1st Wizard wrote the following post at 02/07/2008 11:41 AM:

mozzer wrote:

I''ve learnt alot that I wouldn''t have know about the general workings of the club and now have a few close contacts there.

Dress it up how you like, but all they do is spin and tell porkies to fans at AGM''s

1st Wizzard - you must be that gentleman, of advancing years, that year on year makes everyone laugh

Thank Gawd Skipper has come out and pointed out exactly what was obvious to alot of us on here that £56m is just a pie in the sky figure. Surely now that the public will realise Cullum could buy the majority shareholding and still invest at least £15m from his original £20m offer into playing staff, the current board MUST try to negotiate a deal with him and get him on board. Delia has always said she is not in it for herself and she wants the best for NCFC so lets see her prove it right now. This is too good an opportunity to let it drift by.

The major problem with Skipper''s proposal is that it wouldn''t give Cullum control. He stated he would need control to invest so much money. So you have to presume its a non starter.Cullum will just have to dig a little deeper.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]Can''t see another thread on this. Nobody else seen his article in the Pink''un?Fascinating.And bloody complicated![/quote]

[/quote]£56 million was a maximum cost for everything Cullum originally asked or suggested. This is significantly less and it is significantly less!

Does this include the preference B shares that fans bought at £100 for 4? I only ask as I have a holiday to pay for...

the thing i find interesting is herehttp://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=News&itemid=NOED01%20Jul%202008%2019%3A46%3A51%3A870this story on the edp website, it suggest from current market sources that shares are only worth between £10 to £15 a share, this would make it that delia has really priced the club out of the market, if this is the case then she has made it clear that she has no intentions of keeping to what she stated at the agm about selling to the right person, would u pay 30 a share if its only worth 15 no matter how big a fan you are if u are a businessman, from what i read in this it would actually only cost cullum his 20 million, 4 to pay back loans, renegotiate the debt and buy majority shares from the board as fans aint gonna sell for about 5-8 million, this would mean that for 20million he could clear 4 mill loans and buiy the shares and have a transfer budget of between 8 to 11 millionso 56 million is overpirced from a club that by current market value is only worth for shares 5 - 8 million

Over the past few days I have been looking on in interest at the possible takeover by PC.

What is confusing me is the level of % an individual has to own before having to offer for the rest of the shares.

Other threads have stated if PC buys over 29.9% he has to offer to buy them all, however I read that DS & MWJ own 62% between them - ie 31% each, so why have DS & MWJ not bought the rest of the shares?

Sorry if I appear a bit thick - numbers are not my strong point.

Thanks, Leedscanary