Sign in to follow this  
Danny G

Does anyone like or rate Steve mclaren ?

I cant stand the man on a football side of things . I dont think any English football league club would be happy with him really . His best bet is to go to europe for about 5 years or until he gets sacked from there .

QPR might give it a go if he tells them he''s in demand.  They appear to be into signing anything that stands still for more than 5 seconds.

Now, i don''t say this just because of what he did for England being a disaster, but I do not actually rate him as a manager one bit.

Taking the England scenario out of the equation, apart from that one single EUFA Cup run which i must say they had a bit of luck in getting as far as they did, he did not actually do all that well as a manager, then he came to England not because he was the best man for the job, simple because he was Sven''s assistant and allegedly knew how to manage the team.

Can''t see him being a successful premiership manager anymore, maybe he needs to look overseas.

I think Steve McLaren quite rates himself - that apart I can''t think of anyone else who does.

You know, I''m dating myself a bit, but does anyone remember the character who had his own business on Coronation Street years ago who was sweet on Alma ( I think it was Mike Baldwin ).  That is exactly who I think of whenever I hear Steve McLaren speak. Aguy who rates himself much higher than the rest of the world, the same phony smile when people are challenging him because things are not going well. 

Yeah I love the guy, I''m enjoying this years European Championships more than ever before, really getting to concentrate on other teams other than England, I think theres a whole new aspect visible to the tournemant when your home team arent participating.

Steve Mclaren Is Class Act At Club Manager. I Would Rather Have Him Than Mr Personality

[quote user="King Beef"]Yeah I love the guy, I''m enjoying this years European Championships more than ever before, really getting to concentrate on other teams other than England, I think theres a whole new aspect visible to the tournemant when your home team arent participating.[/quote]

Indeed, there is - I really couldn''t care less that England aren''t playing now. We don''t have to endure watching their completely turgid performances for a start!

Unfortunately I don''t think that Steve had intention to enlighten us all in this manner through his inept management of the national team!  

His success at Middlesbrough was based on bringing through

youngsters... he could probably do a job at Academy level, but should

never have been let anywhere near the England first team... of course,

we say this with hindsight, but he was the most uninspiring appointment

the FA could have made after the Scolari debacle.  The latter''s

move to Chelsea just goes to show that the press intrusion probably had

very little to do with it (unless he''s seriously underestimating the

English media this time around), it was more a case of money. 

Wonder how different things would have been........................

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]His success at Middlesbrough was based on bringing through youngsters... he could probably do a job at Academy level, but should never have been let anywhere near the England first team... of course, we say this with hindsight, but he was the most uninspiring appointment the FA could have made after the Scolari debacle.  The latter''s move to Chelsea just goes to show that the press intrusion probably had very little to do with it (unless he''s seriously underestimating the English media this time around), it was more a case of money.  Wonder how different things would have been........................
[/quote]

not very.. because Player for player England arent as good as other teams.. if the players arent good enough then they wont win games.

jas :)

[quote user="fleggy"]I think Steve McLaren quite rates himself - that apart I can''t think of anyone else who does.[/quote]Brian Barwick was the only man in England who rated him when he was appointed as England manager. Brian Barwick is still in a job, and got a massive pay rise this year.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

not very.. because Player for player England arent as good as other

teams.. if the players arent good enough then they wont win games.

jas :)

[/quote]

But we''ve got good enough players to get into the Euros, most

certainly, and Scolari is the kind of manager who is able to find a

winning combination without worrying about egos or taking

favourites.  I think its likely that we''ve seen the end of Lampard

as a certain starter in the England team under Capello - I doubt it

would have been much different under Scolari - and since all the signs

are there that we''re moving forward from the turgid, passionless

displays under the McClaren regime, that can only be a good thing.