Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Ameobi - Yes or No

[quote user="lil canary town"]does anyone think it would be a daft idea to bid for joey barton when he gets outme kids have been saying this to melove me kids i do[/quote]Absolutely NO. We don''t need his kind at Norwich thankyou very much.  You got one thing right; it''s a daft idea.

Great player, he''s got technical ability, knows where the goal is, brings in his team mates (his back heel for Shearer''s record breaker was phenomenal) and great attitude. £3.5m? Yes please.One mild worry is that we''re turning into Newcastle, we''ve got Roeder, Clark, Wright, Stephenson and now Ameobi, it''s a bit of a love fest going on.P.S. I''m just a big fat twat, what do I know about football?

[quote user="bigfatcanarywat"]Great player, he''s got technical ability, knows where the goal is, brings in his team mates (his back heel for Shearer''s record breaker was phenomenal) and great attitude. £3.5m? Yes please.
One mild worry is that we''re turning into Newcastle, we''ve got Roeder, Clark, Wright, Stephenson and now Ameobi, it''s a bit of a love fest going on.
P.S. I''m just a big fat twat, what do I know about football?
[/quote]

Not a lot! Ameobi is off to the scummers apparently.... [:P]

Yes , Roeder rates him and we need strikers , we currently do not have one worth the name at the club . Earnie would have been a better buy but we have already missed him , miss out on Ammeobi and we could end up with a Cureton , Cole  partnership just how frightening is that .

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="lil canary town"]does anyone think it would be a daft idea to bid for joey barton when he gets out

me kids have been saying this to me

love me kids i do
[/quote]

Absolutely NO. We don''t need his kind at Norwich thankyou very much.  You got one thing right; it''s a daft idea.
[/quote]

I''d take him at norwich!, he''s an idiot, but not in the same way some of the flops we''ve had here are, in that it doesn''t affect his game too badly, we coped with one lunatic well before in bellamy, and we could just lock barton up til match days and bring him out then!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="lil canary town"]does anyone think it would be a daft idea to bid for joey barton when he gets outme kids have been saying this to melove me kids i do[/quote]Absolutely NO. We don''t need his kind at Norwich thankyou very much.  You got one thing right; it''s a daft idea.[/quote]

I''d take him at norwich!, he''s an idiot, but not in the same way some of the flops we''ve had here are, in that it doesn''t affect his game too badly, we coped with one lunatic well before in bellamy, and we could just lock barton up til match days and bring him out then!

[/quote]ummm, ok then Jimmy.  If the compromise is a Barton ''lock-down'' between games then we have a deal.  [:)]

[quote]and we could just lock barton up til match days and bring him out then![/quote]

A bit like the in-bred first cousin you let out of the loft for xmas and birthdays ?

No thanks, sounds too much like an Ipswich kind of player to me.

[quote user="bigfatcanarywat"]Great player, he''s got technical ability, knows where the goal is, brings in his team mates (his back heel for Shearer''s record breaker was phenomenal) and great attitude. £3.5m? Yes please.
One mild worry is that we''re turning into Newcastle, we''ve got Roeder, Clark, Wright, Stephenson and now Ameobi, it''s a bit of a love fest going on.
P.S. I''m just a big fat twat, what do I know about football?
[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shola_Ameobi

28 goals is not a good return for 168 games.

Hardly the goal scorer we need!

[quote user="colneycanary"]A BIG YES from me if we can pull this off. Not only would he be great in this league but it would send a great signal out to every player that we DO have ambition at Norwich! Great first signing if it happens![/quote]

And tragically the answer to the question and the signal that it sends out is that we do NOT have ambition at Norwich. Or rather the fans (thats 25000 of us) have ambition and the  Board pathetically do not.

...because he did just that in his loan spell at Stoke? Hmmm.  Perhaps not, then.

IMO £4m for the guy is well over the odds, if that is what is needed to get him - there just is no real justification for such a fee.  Ameobi has done pretty-much sod-all for 5 years and did nothing on loan for Stoke but is worth £4m....Earnie will get you 20+ goals guaranteed in this division, yet went for £3.5m and £2.65m in the past 2 seasons.  Go figure that one out.

I''m not saying that he won''t come off, just that there isn''t any particular basis from which you can decide he will be, so it is a pretty big £4m gamble and one I am glad we won''t be able to afford to make.  He is worth £1.5m tops.

I think that Shola would score a lot of goals but he has to play the right football and Stoke did not do that. He is overpriced, but look at it like this. Say we payed them 1-5 million upfront, then another million if we got promoted and another million if we stayed up, then that does not look too bad. I wish it would happen.

Around the £3 million mark is the going rate for decent strikers , if we were to go for Beckford at Leeds they would be asking around £2.5 million and he is utter cack , Patterson at Scunthorpe will prob cost getting on for £1.5 million and hes hardly a superstar .Nowadays you get what you pay for nobody is going to hand us an Earnshaw,Ashton or Ameobi for £500,000 which is what this club is looking for.

Seems that Ipswich are moving faster than us on the deal, really hope Roeder gets in gear and brings him here ASAP. Probrably the best player we are likely to get in in this transfer window. Can''t wait to have him here if he comes.If we want to get back into the Premiership this is who we need to be able to do it.

Does anyone know if we are playin Exeter City in a friendly again this season?

I''m sure that any 3.5-4 million deal contains add ons anyway, they always do, so if we were to go for Shola we might be able to land him for an initial 1.5 upfront. Then if he does the business and fires us to the Premiership then another 2.5 million is nothing.

Nothing but speculation of course, but players rarely go for what they are reported, we are still owed money from quite a few of our recent sales I believe.

Are you kidding? They''d carry him out and pay for his bus fair to this small town.  He can''t trap a bag of a cement. Pathetic. Nowich to league 2?

I surely must be missing something here...

The amount of first-time posters (including one with -3 posts, bizarrely) on this thread is incredible... what''s going on?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

I surely must be missing something here...

The amount of first-time posters (including one with -3 posts, bizarrely) on this thread is incredible... what''s going on?

[/quote]Wizards, conjuring up new people.  Beware the Wizards.