Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Ameobi - Yes or No

According to his agent he is willing to open up talks with Norwich.

I have NO idea what our financial budget is for the coming season but wouldn''t Ameobi demand high wages and could we afford his upkeep for the season?

Does it really matter if we think yes or no - at the end of the day his agent has said that Newcastle will want a hefty fee for him - considering all the other players we need as well then I think that takes us out of the picture.

The Negatives

Spent 5 years in the reserves before breaking through.

28 goals in 168 games for Nescastle.

0 in 6 for Stoke,who have declined to take up an option to sign him permenently.Wages and signing on fees in excess of £500,000

Alledgedly one of the players who declined GR''s Approaches to take him on loan last season.

The Positives

Ameobi easier to spell than Strihavka

Think would be a good signing but the no goal show for Stoke worries me.... plus he chose them over us last season as prob thought would get a contract out of them...will only jump ship like Ashton and Alien if he does well!!!

• Injury Prone
  • Doesn''t Score Enough Goals
  • Wages
  • Transfer Fee Won''t Be Peanuts

Basically......

CRACKING Signing.....Better Than The Tosh We Have!!!!!!!

I think he would be a decent striker for us. Fair enough he didnt score while he was at Stoke but is 6 games in a new side long enough? He probably wasnt match fit as he hadnt been playing for Newcastle. Maybe he wasnt suited to their style of football. i dont personaly think its long enough to judge him on

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]yes at 1.5 million or less NO at anyything higher...just too much of a gamble for a player who is very rusty.[/quote]

4m Stoke Were Paying 3Months Ago. I Doubt Newcastle Drop The Value By 2.5M! Fee Will Be Close To 2.75m.

If you actuallty took the trouble to read the lengthy report of Glen Roeder''s comments about Ameobi''s time at Stoke then all would be clear.  Paraphrasing, he said that Shola has to work hard at his fitness and after such a lengthy time in the reserves, he would not have been fit enough for Stoke.   His form there was no surprise and Glen said that he would love to have Ameobi but would need the summer to get him fit.  He also said that he thought Ameobi would blitz the Championship.

Who knows what Glen is thinking but his talk of hereos does seem geared to the arrival of players such as this.  Also, as we know from both sales and purchases especially Hucks, if a player will only join a specific club then the fee becomes less of an issue.  And yes, I know thjt the Tiny Taylor case shows that it odes not always follow that athe seller will fold but it happens more often that not.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]yes[/quote]

Im Pleased One Of Us Can Read The Post Correctly

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

If you actuallty took the trouble to read the lengthy report of Glen Roeder''s comments about Ameobi''s time at Stoke then all would be clear.  Paraphrasing, he said that Shola has to work hard at his fitness and after such a lengthy time in the reserves, he would not have been fit enough for Stoke.   His form there was no surprise and Glen said that he would love to have Ameobi but would need the summer to get him fit.  He also said that he thought Ameobi would blitz the Championship.

Who knows what Glen is thinking but his talk of hereos does seem geared to the arrival of players such as this.  Also, as we know from both sales and purchases especially Hucks, if a player will only join a specific club then the fee becomes less of an issue.  And yes, I know thjt the Tiny Taylor case shows that it odes not always follow that athe seller will fold but it happens more often that not.

[/quote]

Its odd that Roeder seems to know more about Ameobi''s hip injury than he did about darren huckerby''s,

Would he better than Cureton or Martin?

I am in the YES camp. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I am in the YES camp. 

[/quote]

You could apply that criteria to any premiership reserve player though.

28 goals in 168 apperances for NUFC translates as 1 goal every 6 games or a strike rate of 0.166.

Looking at a few seperate articles on NewsNow it seems that Ipswich have had an offer of £3.5m for Ameobi accepted. A seperate article says that Newcastle are willing to half the asking price of £5m to £2.5m.

I don''t know about anyone else but I say let Ipswich crack on at £3.5m. It''s my feeling that if we payed anything more than £1.5m we''d be paying over the odds give the ammount of goals he scores and his injury problems.

As far as Newcastle go I think their problem of buying over the odds has leaked through into their selling policy, they are idiots!!!

This would be a great signing for Ipswich to make - from the point of view of a Norwich fan. I''d love to see them pay £3.5m for Ameobi. Then the pressure would really be on Magilton to make it pay off, and I don''t think Ameobi wil do it for him.

Not worth £3.5mil at all - he''s a good player, a very good player. But that''s a lot of cash to splash on one player.

A BIG YES from me if we can pull this off. Not only would he be great in this league but it would send a great signal out to every player that we DO have ambition at Norwich! Great first signing if it happens!

I think we should break the bank for Ameobi. I saw his two goals against Barcelona in the Champions League at the Nou Camp and they were class. He scored a brace against Sunderland too.

He is tricky on the ground... nobody is sure what he will do next... plus good at shielding the ball for others around him... plus his great turn of pace and finishing... [*]

I hear he has finally overcome a long-standing hip injury and is heading back to top fitness. Add to that a drop in class from the premiership and overlook his loan at Stoke where he was just being used to get him fitter and I say buy buy buy!

Come on Roeder don''t let Ipswich beat us to this one

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I am in the YES camp. 

[/quote]

Bingo.

That''ll be 4 million well spent then.

Really rate the guy, think he is easily at Premiership standard, and just what we need for next season. Hopefully because Roeder knows the lad, he''ll choose us over those Ipswich w**kers!

theres no way in 984756738475638204852648586726475839204395726146573823947562781291039484575 billion that we could ever afford him.....not while our board of directors got their paws in the jar!!!

[quote user="Steelsilver"]theres no way in 984756738475638204852648586726475839204395726146573823947562781291039484575 billion that we could ever afford him.....not while our board of directors got their paws in the jar!!![/quote]

Sack The Board !

Sack The Board Sack The Board Sack The Board!

Sack The Board Sack The Board Sack The Board !

Sack The Board Sack The Board Sack The Board

Sack The Board !

Depends whether Necastle sack him or not.

He is a good player when he concentrates and plays football. Hopefully prison would change him and if he has been released, he''d be a great buy, fuck his reputation, I want success!!