Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Matt Jackson

I heard this yesterday from someone else, just dismissed it as crap.

How old is he now?

[quote user="buddhaboy"]just remembered
at watford, and a coach as well?
and yes i know malky is there as well.
[/quote]

maybe a new coach....!!??? but im sick of rumours.

Why on earth do we need to get an old timer in on a short term contract when we have the summer to get a younger centre half signed , this club gets more worrying by the day.

I''m sure Mat Jackson would do OK for a season AS BACK UP ONLY but hes not the sort of signing I want to see at this club who''ve just sold 20,000 season tickets.

Comon messrs Doncaster and co - To much fannying about and you''ll lose support and the clubs Championship status!

He''s got good knowledge and can read the game well. He can nurture Shackell to (hopefully) realise his potential. He''ll be third choice centre half. Assumption is that the doc will move on to pastures new.

He might bring a bit of leadership to the squad but it is not the kind of signing that indicates a club looking to finish in the top 6. It is a signing to help you avoid relegation (much like Dublin was).

if he''s free and doesnt cost a lot in wages i would welcome him as cover.

as long as we also sign a younger better CB aswell

how many seasons does he have left in him?

This surely has to be a wind up, this club is becoming more and more of a joke every year. Just announced season tickets have sold out and all they can do is sign players that have long since had their day. If this is true I think I''ll lose the will to live.

Would be a shrewd signing. We have a very young and inexperienced squad and Jackson would replace Dion as the experienced head around the place. As others have said, though, it needs to be in conjunction with other signings - he certinatly should be kept around as back up only.

[quote user="james norwich"]He''s got good knowledge and can read the game well. He can nurture Shackell to (hopefully) realise his potential. He''ll be third choice centre half. Assumption is that the doc will move on to pastures new.[/quote]

A bit off topic here but I always wonder why a lot of people seem to think that Shackell has still got potential to be realised. And that seemingly all he needs is an experienced player alongside him to bring it out of him.

Fair enough you''re always learning as a player but Shacks is mid 20s now and been playing regular first team football for a while. He''s nothing special, he''s not about to come on leaps and bounds.

Only just remembered that The Doc still hasn''t signed!

Jackson had a pretty succesful few games on-loan at Blackpool at some point next season but played little part at Watford I think.

As cover and a coach yes but if we line-up on the first day of the season with him and Shacks in centre defence I will be exceptionally worried.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]Remember what was said when Dublin signed?[/quote]I''d also remind everyone of the arguments that ensued when Mackay and Roberts left the club. A huge part of the argument to keep these individuals is the effect they had in the dressing room, and being that leader that would and could inspire others. It''s a mantle Dion has shouldered single handedly recently and without him needs filling.Jackson would be a great presence and experienced head - but it''s got to be from behind the scenes. He''d be a great back up, but if we''re relying on him to be a first choice defender, then we really do need help.

hed be on a free i would think... therefore... a very good signing for cover, experiance etc... good leader.

[quote user="buddhaboy"]for once, hope you are right,
legend, and a good friend.
[/quote]

Buddha old chap. If he''s a good friend could you just give him a quick ring and ask him for us? Would love to see him back.

[quote user="james norwich"]MJ to join city on a short term contract as cover for central defenders, Shackell & a n other.You heard it first here..[/quote]

So when will this be announced by the club?

The thing about the championship is that reading the game is far more important than being quick and reactive, as Dion has shown this year. I think he will be an excellent signing and will have a good few years in him yet. And hopefully, he can carry on Dion''s work in trying to teach our kids how to read the game.

[quote user="Bobzilla"]The thing about the championship is that reading the game is far more important than being quick and reactive, as Dion has shown this year. I think he will be an excellent signing and will have a good few years in him yet. And hopefully, he can carry on Dion''s work in trying to teach our kids how to read the game.[/quote]

Totally agree with that

I have it on good authority that we''re also re-signing Bill Punton!................MJ has got to be a wind up............surely?