Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

WTF......Huckerby to Southend?

Why not , Huckerby needs a club , and one not coming up against Norwich so if he does not go to America it would have to be league 1.

Can''t see this one happening. I would question the validity of someone who uses an incredibly unfunny phrase like "Colorado Rapids? Colorado Rubbish!" anyway.

well done to him if he signs for them... he could commute from Norwich every day.. so wouldnt have to unsettle his family, ok so its a bit of a jaunt for Darren but not as far as the states where he would be homesick.

Id say there might be a little bit of truth in that

jas :)

[quote user="?"]Why not , Huckerby needs a club , and one not coming up against Norwich so if he does not go to America it would have to be league 1.

Or maybe the Premiership. Or the SPL. Or to any other league in France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland...

Indeed, I would think Colchester and Southend are definite possibilities.

[quote user="GJP"]

Indeed, I would think Colchester and Southend are definite possibilities.

[/quote]

It would also depend, of course, on how much money Hucks wants.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]I think he and his family will be going somewhere warmer for a couple of years....[/quote]

You mean there are places warmer than the Cosat del Southend Pete?  Surely not lol

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]I think he and his family will be going somewhere warmer for a couple of years....[/quote]

That is my feeling as well but if he didn''t want to disrupt the children''s schooling I suppose it would be an alternative and commutable.

in a way i hope it is true becaus it would be great for him to get his carear back on track but in the same way i hope it isnt because i would hate to see him scoring goals for another team.

Qatar is a possibility for some players, they pay mega bucks to quality players coming to the end of their careers.

[quote]

I had heard that his wife was talking about Qatar, but is that a reasonable prospect for footballers?

I didn''t even know they had a league.

[/quote]Yeah, Desailly went and finished his career out there.  Frank Lebouf, the De Boar brothers and Gabriel Batistuta are a few of the others who went there for a final pay day.

I don''t think that Saffend is that communtable really. Its well over 2 hours and about 100 miles. I still think he could do a job for someone like Celtic, he would get to play some European football too.

I wish he stayed at Norwich =[ Going to be sad if he ever did play against us, but surely Southend cant pay his needs.

When GR gets sacked in October for gross incompetence, it would be a short trip back  for Darren!  - There is and old Chinese proverb which say  " when kick man out of door, make sure he not sitting on back step"

Beware the Ides Of October[st][um] 1st day did for Worthington and the 8th day did for Grant. So the sequence says the 15th day but I have a hunch for Halloween[6][S][li]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]When GR gets sacked in October for gross incompetence, it would be a short trip back  for Darren!  - There is and old Chinese proverb which say  " when kick man out of door, make sure he not sitting on back step"
[/quote]

Bloody idiot

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]When GR gets sacked in October for gross incompetence, it would be a short trip back  for Darren!  - There is and old Chinese proverb which say  " when kick man out of door, make sure he not sitting on back step"[/quote]

Bloody idiot

[/quote]Have to agree with you on that one Bunsen, that''s exactly what I said when I heard he''d sold Lewis and said the same again 4 months later when he kicked Huckerby out the same door