Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Earnshaw signs...

thats guttering but i thought people are adament that you cant sign a player who is in contract with another club untill june 1st??

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]thats guttering but i thought people are adament that you cant sign a player who is in contract with another club untill june 1st??[/quote]

it can be agreed. but they wont officially be a part of the club until the transfer window opens.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

for Forest, sorry guys hope is over

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1022933/Nottingham-Forest-snap-Derby-striker-Robert-Earnshaw-2m-deal.html?ITO=1490

[/quote]

For all I know you may be right but there is nothing on the official Notts Forest board and "last night" would take you to two days away (as of 00:19)

Sportsmail Reporter is a euphemism for made up crap.

Let me introduce you to this system: we have a Contract (£150 for anything used by Her Majesty''s Daily Star on football) and I have someone  trawling Message Boards such as this full time (and many others) but mostly Official Sites in the hope of earning £150 a time (not much, but it mounts up if you have six hits in a day).

I''ve emailed your contribution to The Star tonight (too late for lower League stuff) and thanks very much anyway.

It''s the only football contract we have but, like Agents, I feel this is the time of year when we come into our own.

So we look at all these sites and then we usually make it up.  Wouldn''t you at a guaranteed £150 a go?

Very surprised that he''s signed for them. Forest is not what I''d call a big club any more, the facilities are well known to be dated and tired and Nottingham is a bit of a hole (sorry to those who live there, but it is!).

The only reason I can see that he''d sign for them is that it''s commutable from Derby and they''re paying him well.  

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]Communtable from Wales might actually do it...which in fairness we couldn''t be further from![/quote]

That''s also very true.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

The only reason I can see that he''d sign for them is...they''re paying him well.  

[/quote]

Nail, head, hit I suspect - but then don''t most of us operate similar principles in our own work lives?

Of course, and I wasn''t saying that it was a bad thing - just that it must be the predominant reason Earnshaw chose to move to Forest. I mean, faced with the choice of Sheffield Utd or Forest on the same money, I suspect most would choose Sheffield Utd.

ok so he''s got a good record at this level but I can''t stand the little guy. He''s everything that is bad about the modern day footballer, where he parks his hummer is his home, no loyalty to any club. He''ll play a season at forest, if he scores 20 plus goals he''ll be off somewhere else in the summer. You can''t build a side with players like earnshaw, I''d much rather sign Ched Evans for 2 million!!!

[quote user="Jason and the Argonauts"] ok so he''s got a good record at this level but I can''t stand the little guy. He''s everything that is bad about the modern day footballer, where he parks his hummer is his home, no loyalty to any club. He''ll play a season at forest, if he scores 20 plus goals he''ll be off somewhere else in the summer. You can''t build a side with players like earnshaw, I''d much rather sign Ched Evans for 2 million!!!
[/quote]

Forest have quite a tradition with disruptive strikers, Collymore,Lee,Fashnu, now earnshaw.

But what is it with Monster Truck Drivers are they all disruptive personalities ?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dIANR55Cdqg

ah well... he''s a good player and will doubt score against us but i am hopeful we''ll sign a decent striker from somewhere... however i doubt it will be Ched...

It''s a good move for him. You''ve got to say that with their heritage that Forest are a bigger club than us. They''ve got a bigger stadium, get good crowds and they''ve won the League and the European Cup twice. I''d say that Forest as a name are a bigger draw than Norwich who, aside from a  Milk Cup win in 1985 have never won anything. Silverware is more important than a nice training ground.

Plus Nottingham is good - good pubs and one of the best record shops ever in Selectadisc!  More importantly for Earnshaw, it''s not far from Derby. He probably lives in the area now and doesn''t want to move.

I like Earnshaw - he was a very good striker for us and he moved onto a Prem club like most players would. That''s the problem - if we have a good striker who scores loads of goals for us it is likely that they''ll move on. Unless they''re old like Iwan Roberts. It''s always been the way. Ashton, Fleck, Bellamy, Sutton, even Ashley flippin Ward! 

Hope you remember you said that Wiz when Jamie Cureton is missing the chances next season , you wont get many better goalscorers in this league than Earnshaw.

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]Hope you remember you said that Wiz when Jamie Cureton is missing the chances next season , you wont get many better goalscorers in this league than Earnshaw.
[/quote]

I predict  Ncfc, that with a good strike partner alongside him, one who isn''t chopped and changed by Roeder every week, JC will outscore Earnalot.

And you can pin that!.

Good to see that the EDP knows as much as the rest of us about who we''re going to sign, what with their headlines yesterday about Earnshaw''s possible return! Doh!