Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Re: Joe LEWIS in full England squad.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Don''t know where you''ve seen this its not on City site now.[/quote] Sorry it''s on City message board.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]Don''t know where you''ve seen this its not on City site now.[/quote] Sorry it''s on City message board.[/quote]Must be true then [:P]Checked newsfeeds on Joe Lewis and Peterborough and nowt.   I dont think this is true.

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]That''s one of the funniest things i''ve heard in ages!![:D][/quote] Just seen on board that Kirkland has dropped out and Lewis has taken his place.

that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard somebody suggest since somebody on here posted robbie keane, benjani and berbatov as transfer targets last season...

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard somebody suggest since somebody on here posted robbie keane, benjani and berbatov as transfer targets last season...[/quote] When it is made public tomorrow you will feel silly.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="ipswichrscum"]that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard somebody suggest since somebody on here posted robbie keane, benjani and berbatov as transfer targets last season...[/quote] When it is made public tomorrow you will feel silly.[/quote]

hmmm

This thread is true and not to start anything but i really do hope he goes on a bites NCFC on the arse for their lack of ambition...

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

At the moment its James Kirkland and Hart. Next in line would be Green, Carson, Foster surely.

[/quote] I would have thought so too. They may be on holiday and not asked to come back as number 3.

England are being shown training on Sky at 10.30 a.m. Something may be said or seen then.

It is true. I would not lie about this.

If Joe isn''t good enough for the ''Posh'' and is off-loaded to average Premier Club  Man Utd......I reckon Joe, will eventually (and unfortunately) have to reluctantly pull on the "England''s No 1" jersey......

And prove that NCFC did excellent business, by getting rid of the under-achiever and scooping £400,000! Bargain! 

Look, decent though he is, Joe Lewis will not be picked in front of premiership standard keepers such as Carson, Green and Foster. Quite funny how you actually believe this tribes, just from hearing it on a messageboard. Load of rubbish.

[quote user="Canary Chris"]Look, decent though he is, Joe Lewis will not be picked in front of premiership standard keepers such as Carson, Green and Foster. Quite funny how you actually believe this tribes, just from hearing it on a messageboard. Load of rubbish.[/quote] I do know now that it is true. He would not be picked in front of the goalkeepers you have mentioned. There must be some reason, like holidays, that those keepers are not at Arsenals training ground this morning. Joe Lewis is there.

I don''t suppose it would be the most bizarre of things if it were true - for an end of season international, it might be the case that they bring in a few u-21 players for what is generally a meaningless game.

Wouldn''t be a complete shock if he was invited to train with the senior squad as U-21 goalkeeper, especially with other keepers on holiday - Green, for one, is currently on holiday in Mexico before climbing a mountain.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Wouldn''t be a complete shock if he was invited to train with the senior squad as U-21 goalkeeper, especially with other keepers on holiday - Green, for one, is currently on holiday in Mexico before climbing a mountain.[/quote]

Very good point. Suppose he could train with the senior squad, but still end up playing for the under 21-s?

SSN saying Lewis is there to replace Kirkland for this training session but isn''t likely to be part of the squad.

Just announced on Sky Sport News, joe lewis is to train witht the senior squad to make up the numbers!

On the night it''ll be James, Hart and Kirkland. England''s Number 7 still a couple of years, and a top-flight move, off a cap, but a great way to end a good season for Joe.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]On the night it''ll be James, Hart and Kirkland. England''s Number 7 still a couple of years, and a top-flight move, off a cap, but a great way to end a good season for Joe.[/quote]Would go along with that. He seems to be making good progress and has achieved a lot in this last year. Coming close to number 1 in U21''s, as Joe Hart seems to be in senior squad and is 1 year older.

Goalkeeper of season in Div 2 was a fitting tribute from his fellow professionals.

Today or the next few days will be useful experience.

I know there is another post sepculating, but it has been confirmed on Peterborough''s website that he has indeed been called up by Capello for the upcoming friendlies.

What a terrible piece of business by the club, I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I for one am gutted he went for just £400k.

Having known him personally from school, I wish him every success in his career, I only wish he was able to prove himself here.

Well done Joe, and good luck!