Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Martin Taylor in talks with city

[quote user="me"]£700,000 + add ons announcement Thursday
[/quote]

If it is true, which I doubt, then I hope the add-ons are something ridiculous, like involving promotion.

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

[quote user="me"]£700,000 + add ons announcement Thursday[/quote]

If it is true, which I doubt, then I hope the add-ons are something ridiculous, like involving promotion.

[/quote]Quality.  I was thinking the same myself.

Yes the moaners will only need another 6 or 7 quality signings then we may have a team worthy of the club , i wont be holding my breath though .

I had forgooten that Birmingham had been relegated. taylor was a class player when he came on loan. wasn''t it like he hadn''t scored a goal in 3 years he came to us and scored 3! I think??? What a signing this could be! Delia sign him up Delia Delia sign him up!

I very much hope you can sign him.  Sullivan has already said that umpteen players will be shipped out to cut the wage bill and he was not a key player at the time he was loaned to you which is why you got the loan in the first place.

From all the reports he clearly liked Norwich and the club so perhaps this is one, if true, in which you may have an advantage?

Im surprised Mal hasnt shown up saying he''s signing next week... being as he hasnt, maybe this time it could be true?!

[:P]

Hmm? I must be careful here as carrowroad.net is my favourite site, and I have tremendous regards for the smashing people who run it, but if this is true, it''ll be brilliant news.

IF.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

I still cant get the left back!!!

[/quote]

Ooopss

Wrong thread!

1 goal scored in 8 games but 12 conceeded.

1 striker worth the name in the squad and we want to spend £700k+ on a central defender when the budget is only expected/rumoured to be in the region of £3m??  Wrong amont of money on the wrong part of the team.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Wrong amont of money on the wrong part of the team.

[/quote]

Not when you''ve got the Doc in the team it isn''t?.[:|]

Goal for column - well below average last season,  goals against column just below average last season,   goals against after roeder joined much much better than average - 22 of those 30 games with Doc and without taylor...  And we still failed to score.  

1 goal scored in 8 games but 12 conceeded.

1 striker worth the name in the squad and we want to spend £700k+ on a central defender when the budget is only expected/rumoured to be in the region of £3m??  Wrong amont of money on the wrong part of the team.

[/quote]

Rubbish.  Right player, right price, right time.  Or are you happy to go into next season with only 2 recognised centre backs?  We need strikers as well, but you build from the back.  I am quite sure a striker is also in the rebuilding plans...

We need 2 new strikers as a minimum , we dont have one at the club at the moment unless you count Cureton and Martin , and they would be hard pushed to succeed at a lower level .

[quote user="TheRatAxe"]We need 2 new strikers as a minimum , we dont have one at the club at the moment unless you count Cureton and Martin , and they would be hard pushed to succeed at a lower level .[/quote]

I am sure Glenn will bring at least two strikers in - whether it be loan or permanent.

Bit harsh guys. Not saying it''s definitely true but you never know. Using your cynical logic, we''d never sign anyone!

Goal for column - well below average last season,  goals against column just below average last season,   goals against after roeder joined much much better than average - 22 of those 30 games with Doc and without taylor...  And we still failed to score.  

[/quote]

We played a horrifically defensive midfield for much of last season.  Russell, Pattison, Bertrand, Brellier, even Fozzy is a very sit back player.  But agreed we need a striker.  Should Doc walk away we need a couple of centre halfs too.

Taylor also was responisble for an OG going in during the Ipswich game.  A genuine threat at set peices, Doc and Shax are not.