Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

Hucks - one club's loss another club's gain

I have read alot of negative nonsense about Hucks on this message board. For me, Iwan Robert''s obervations in the Evening News are spot on. We can all claim to" know our football " but Roberts is patently someone who really does. He still rates Hucks and believes he should have been offered another year''s contract and that''s good enough for me. I already held that opinion but it''s good to have confirmation from an ex-pro who, like Hucks, is also a Norwich City folk hero. Hucks must now think of himself and his family and if he goes off and joins another Championship club then I completely support him. IMO Huckerby has been the victim of jealousy and spite at the Club and Roeder wanted him out. Very sad but alarmingly true. We always bemoan the lack of loyalty shown by players to their Clubs and fans and here we have a reverse situation. The Club has shown a total lack of loyalty to a player who wanted to stay and Iwan Roberts believes had at least another year in him and some of the comments (and apathy) displayed by some of you so-called fans on here beggars belief. Truth is that the vast majority of the posters on here have rightly shown their unequivocal support for Hucks but a minority have revealed ignorance and stupidity in their assessment of the situation and some even downright nastiness. Shame on you.

Be rather ammusing if he goes off to play in the Premiership for a season.  Good enough for Sunderland but not Norwich.  Best of luck Hucks.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Nothing to do with the fact Iwan and Hucks are mates then?

jas :)

[/quote]

Spot on Jas - again! Still, nice to know that you, me, Kick it Off and many others are clearly........''ignorant and stupid''!

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Spot on Jas - again! Still, nice to know that you, me, Kick it Off and many others are clearly........''ignorant and stupid''!

[/quote]

It wouldn''t bother me quite so much if others weren''t blinkered in their views. Like Ricky described it, he said it was "defending the indefensible". What a load of BS! It''s obvious to me that Roeder has done this not to be spiteful but for the better of this football club.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Oh great, another wise cracking smart-arsed comment verging on the ignorant and stupid.

[quote user="Crikey..and with the outside of his foot"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Oh great, another wise cracking smart-arsed comment verging on the ignorant and stupid.

[/quote]

so hucks and Iwan arent mates then??? oh well.. i''ll just mind my own business

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Crikey..and with the outside of his foot"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t say they weren''t friends but you reveal a contemptuous opinion of Iwan Roberts if you believe his positive assessment of Huckerby is purely subjective and only because Huckerby is a friend. Your view is I''m afraid typical of too many cheap shots on this MB designed to cause momentary and trivial amusement.

[quote user="Crikey..and with the outside of his foot"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Crikey..and with the outside of his foot"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t say they weren''t friends but you reveal a contemptuous opinion of Iwan Roberts if you believe his positive assessment of Huckerby is purely subjective and only because Huckerby is a friend. Your view is I''m afraid typical of too many cheap shots on this MB designed to cause momentary and trivial amusement.

[/quote]

OK Crikey lets try and tone this down and get objective about the matter. I certainly do respect Iwan''s comments on football in general and NCFC in particular (does''nt mean I have to agree with them though!). I wonder how many times this season Iwan has watched us LIVE with Hucks in the team? Bearing in mind his media work in Wales, I would suggest very few. Maybe the boy Iwan is recalling what Hucks was like when he played with him? Just a thought. 

[quote]Your view is I''m afraid typical of too many cheap shots on this MB designed to cause momentary and trivial amusement.[/quote]

I never thought I would say this, but Lighten up !  This is a message board, it''s not the UN.   It''s not like anything changes as a result of the opinions aired here.

Oh, maybe it''s a bit like the UN then.

Please can we get a UN Resolution demanding that NCFC sign 1 or 2 decent strikers, a goal-scoring midfielder, a centre-back and various others!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Crikey..and with the outside of his foot"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jas, no offence but if you''re happy about the way Hucks was treated and can''t understand why others are annoyed why don''t you just avoid the Huck''s threads for a couple of weeks?

Iwan is entitled to his opinion just like the rest of us.

I also think Hucks is good for atleast one more season, I do however respect Glen Roeder''s decision but don''t respect the way he went about it. I''m sure that Glen will one day come to regret this decision, and to tell you the honest truth, I bloody well hope he does!

Hucks said that he wouldn''t play against Norwich - but that does not preclude him having a clause in a contract with another championship club. I don''t think he''ll go back to the prem (although i''d love to be proven wrong) but he is far too good for ''soccer'' or the lower leagues.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Crikey..and with the outside of his foot"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jas, no offence but if you''re happy about the way Hucks was treated and can''t understand why others are annoyed why don''t you just avoid the Huck''s threads for a couple of weeks?

[/quote]

Thats basically what I''m doing as atm the messageboard is in too much chaos to be able to post on the issue. Shame because I''d like to have my say but its not worth it.

Hucks may have been past his best, but, he was still the best player in the squad by a a country mile.

Unfortunately, it appears Roeder rates Donkey as good enough for another season in the Championship.  If the players Roeder brings in this summer are of a similar quality, god f****** help us!!!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Crikey..and with the outside of his foot"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For God''s sake, CA, I''m sorry I keep replying to your post but this is the last one of 10,000,000 that I''ve read today.

Nobody - that''s right - nobody.

Is happy.

With the way.

That Darren Huckerby.

Has been treated.

As far as I can read, not one person has said "good on the club for going about their business in this way". Just because a few of us see things differently, doesn''t mean this line has to be repeated over and over.

I''ll say it again - nobody is happy about the way Hucks has been treated. OK??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Crikey..and with the outside of his foot"]I have read alot of negative nonsense about Hucks on this message board. For me, Iwan Robert''s obervations in the Evening News are spot on. We can all claim to" know our football " but Roberts is patently someone who really does. He still rates Hucks and believes he should have been offered another year''s contract and that''s good enough for me. I already held that opinion but it''s good to have confirmation from an ex-pro who, like Hucks, is also a Norwich City folk hero. Hucks must now think of himself and his family and if he goes off and joins another Championship club then I completely support him. IMO Huckerby has been the victim of jealousy and spite at the Club and Roeder wanted him out. Very sad but alarmingly true. We always bemoan the lack of loyalty shown by players to their Clubs and fans and here we have a reverse situation. The Club has shown a total lack of loyalty to a player who wanted to stay and Iwan Roberts believes had at least another year in him and some of the comments (and apathy) displayed by some of you so-called fans on here beggars belief. Truth is that the vast majority of the posters on here have rightly shown their unequivocal support for Hucks but a minority have revealed ignorance and stupidity in their assessment of the situation and some even downright nastiness. Shame on you.[/quote]

Hux would be lucky to get into the Kings Lynn side the way he''s been playing for the last TWO seasons.

IF a championship side DOES come in for him (which they won''t btw), he will bite their hand off!! Don''t fall for the old ''never play against norwich'' bull - probably the most predictable and boring thing he could possibly say. We''re not all mongs Darren.

It was handled wrongly, but ultimately the decision was a season too late.

Huckery has never cut it in the Premier League, what makes you think he will now? lol. 

[quote user="archer4721"]

[quote user="Crikey..and with the outside of his foot"]I have read alot of negative nonsense about Hucks on this message board. For me, Iwan Robert''s obervations in the Evening News are spot on. We can all claim to" know our football " but Roberts is patently someone who really does. He still rates Hucks and believes he should have been offered another year''s contract and that''s good enough for me. I already held that opinion but it''s good to have confirmation from an ex-pro who, like Hucks, is also a Norwich City folk hero. Hucks must now think of himself and his family and if he goes off and joins another Championship club then I completely support him. IMO Huckerby has been the victim of jealousy and spite at the Club and Roeder wanted him out. Very sad but alarmingly true. We always bemoan the lack of loyalty shown by players to their Clubs and fans and here we have a reverse situation. The Club has shown a total lack of loyalty to a player who wanted to stay and Iwan Roberts believes had at least another year in him and some of the comments (and apathy) displayed by some of you so-called fans on here beggars belief. Truth is that the vast majority of the posters on here have rightly shown their unequivocal support for Hucks but a minority have revealed ignorance and stupidity in their assessment of the situation and some even downright nastiness. Shame on you.[/quote]

Hux would be lucky to get into the Kings Lynn side the way he''s been playing for the last TWO seasons.

IF a championship side DOES come in for him (which they won''t btw), he will bite their hand off!! Don''t fall for the old ''never play against norwich'' bull - probably the most predictable and boring thing he could possibly say. We''re not all mongs Darren.

Huckery has never cut it in the Premier League, what makes you think he will now? lol. 

[/quote]A side such as Sheffield United then who are chasing him.

Or Palace who are after him too so I understand.

[quote user="Crikey..and with the outside of his foot"]

We can all claim to" know our football " but Roberts is patently someone who really does.

[/quote]

Really?

He made the most of what he had as a player, he wasn''t some kind of footballing genius.

Please can we get a UN Resolution demanding that NCFC sign 1 or 2 decent strikers, a goal-scoring midfielder, a centre-back and various others! - Grando

Yes, we COULD get such a resolution, and when it was ignored by the despots running the club (into the ground) we could get another resolution, which will be ignored. And another and another and another.  Then we will invade Carrow Road and find out that there are no players of mass destruction available after all.
 So we install a new regime, give them some assistance until they are ready to run things themselves, and VOILA, we''ve got success at Carrow Road that will inspire all the other clubs in this part of England to be more open and cutomer friendly.

Sincerely, GW Bush (OTBC!)

Huckery has never cut it in the Premier League, what makes you think he will now? - archer

Um, the last seasson he played in the Prem., he was BY FAR the most fouled player in the division. Why do you suppose that was if he couldn''t cut it there?  You don''t risk yellow cards fouling scrubs, do you?

You have that loser attitude that too many NCFC fans have, which leads to resentlment for the few players we do get who truly are special.  Your comments are asinine.

[quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

Great post by Crikey eloquently and perfectly put! Archer what sort of response was that though? Get real mate.

I seem to remember Hucks tearing up the left wing at Highbury giving the Arsenal right-back Lauran a torrid time! That was in the Prem unless I was dreaming it! He''s more often then not been our best performer even on bad days. It''s a real tragidy he has been released but hopefully he can forge a new career for himself where ever that may be.

I would be pissed off seeing Hucks playing for anyone other than us obviously, but Roeders the tw*t who decided to get rid so Hucks shouldn''t feel guilty about playing for ANY other team, Roeder should!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Please can we get a UN Resolution demanding that NCFC sign 1 or 2 decent strikers, a goal-scoring midfielder, a centre-back and various others! - Grando

Yes, we COULD get such a resolution, and when it was ignored by the despots running the club (into the ground) we could get another resolution, which will be ignored. And another and another and another.  Then we will invade Carrow Road and find out that there are no players of mass destruction available after all.
 So we install a new regime, give them some assistance until they are ready to run things themselves, and VOILA, we''ve got success at Carrow Road that will inspire all the other clubs in this part of England to be more open and cutomer friendly.

Sincerely, GW Bush (OTBC!)

[/quote]

I like that one Houston Canary very thoughful, I''m not sure that it''s entirely accurate but still funny nonetheless!

I''m prepared to bite my tongue on this one until we see what happens come August.

However if we replace Huckerby (if at all) with an inferior player or Huckerby joins a permiership club or another championship club, I will be as furious with Roeder as I was with Worthington after Chris Sutton joined Villa, after weeks of Worthington saying he wasn''t fit /suitable.

I''m giving Roeder the benefit of the doubt at the moment but he''s certainly provided us all with the first stick to beat him with if we get off to a bad start next season !!