Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Lee Camp.. what a plank!

glad we didnt sign this fool!

what was he doing in the 2nd half! it was hilarious stuff especially when Dion nearly scored from his own half.. i think Camp thinks he''s ruud Gullit.

jas :)

Ive never seen a kepper come 45 yards out of his goal twice in a game, the second time which led to our goal, he seemed toi tackle about 3 players before it fell to russell. Also, has anyone else seen the sending off on tv, in the thorpe wing we were convinced it was Comedy Camp who took evans out. Camp also got some abuse from the guy behind me, and spat some water out in our direction, in a quite agressive tone, it was hillarious.

They were saying on the radio that it was Camp who should have been sent off. It was quite confusing for a couple of minutes, Goreham and Adams saying that he''d been sent off yet he was still standing by the goal. Took them ages to realise someone else had been dismissed!

Yeh it looked like camp steamrolled him. Lee camp got some applause when he came to the river end second half and even more after russell scored!

[quote user="Mark Smith"]

They were saying on the radio that it was Camp who should have been sent off. It was quite confusing for a couple of minutes, Goreham and Adams saying that he''d been sent off yet he was still standing by the goal. Took them ages to realise someone else had been dismissed!

[/quote]I think we should grateful that is wasn''t Camp. Camp and Rehman for 80+ minutes...

What I found most amusing was when Fleming came on the radio at half time and said that Camp spent most of his time on loan here in the bars and playing Golf and stuff so they nicknamed him ''Holiday'' Camp. hehe

Camp did''nt get sent off cos the defender took the bullet 4 him! I sit

in lower barclay, and got told by some1 who sits in E block that the

defender went 2 the ref and told him it was him who took Ched out and

not Camp! Did they not have a sub keeper with em? Either way, i dont

realy care any more, we''re safe and thats all that matters now!

OTBC!!!

[quote user="Adam Carpenter"]Camp did''nt get sent off cos the defender took the bullet 4 him! I sit in lower barclay, and got told by some1 who sits in E block that the defender went 2 the ref and told him it was him who took Ched out and not Camp! Did they not have a sub keeper with em? Either way, i dont realy care any more, we''re safe and thats all that matters now!

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

The QPR match report says it was Camp who should have been sent off.  They had a sub keeper with them (Crowther).

I realise how important the match was and how Mr R wanted as many options as poss but I think he flirts dangerously with fate by not having a keeper on the bench.  Sooner or later..............

what made me laugh is that each time he came out of his box he could of cleared it.. im sure he was trying to score! he tried dribbling round people...

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I haven''t much good to say about Peter Grant, but fair play to him for not signing this muppet.[/quote]im pretty sure any monkey would have sense enough not sign this fool.. i actually felt slightly embarrassed for him at the end of the game

And to think he said in the EDPon Friday that he wasn''t going to do Norwich any favours, how many could we have scored if he had done

The rest of the team didn''t help him out much though. After it happened once, you would have thought a covering defender would have got back on the line, there cetainly was enough time to during all that comedy.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

what made me laugh is that each time he came out of his box he could of cleared it.. im sure he was trying to score! he tried dribbling round people...

[/quote]I agree Jas! Watched them on the championship and me and a friend couldn''t believe what we were seeing - the first incident on the edge of the box is kind of arguable but the second?!!! If flying 40 yards plus out of your box isn''t bad enough he did it straight through his defence and most of his midfield - it was light he was a man possessed or something! There was absolutely no need for him to do that unless as Jas said he fancied a FIFA/Pro Evo style saunter up the pitch! What a looser! Can I see him there next season with all the money they now have? Nope.Has anyone got a link to the goals on the net somewhere?

The best (or worst) bit about it was he didn''t learn from the first near miss - he came charging out at least 3 times and with slightly better finishing we could have been gifted a couple more!!

Makes me wonder if he was offered a £25.00 Canary Store voucher to adopt such a reckless style of play. [:D]

Think he did well for us when he was here and I think he did even better for us on Saturday! He''s a good goalkeeper and I sorta wondered if he was helping us out and maybe mucking around cos it''s the end of the season and his lot aren''t playing for anything.

actually looking back at the highlights, although lee camp is extremely comical, i''m surprised none of the qpr defenders had a sense to cover the goal in his absence, theyre were plenty around by the time rusself was tackling for the ball with camp,

so maybe its the whole back 5 that were just as comical, haha!

[quote user="The Lord"]

actually looking back at the highlights, although lee camp is extremely comical, i''m surprised none of the qpr defenders had a sense to cover the goal in his absence, theyre were plenty around by the time rusself was tackling for the ball with camp,

so maybe its the whole back 5 that were just as comical, haha!

[/quote]

they probably couldnt beleive what they were seeing!

To be honest I think the third goal is made to look worse by the QPR defenders. Camp''s mistake was not properly clearing it when it came in - the ball looks like it holds up a bit and he doesn''t hit it upfield or out. After that though I think he''s just trying to clear it.

After that only one QPR defender comes to his aid as he tries to clear the ball, the rest just stand there. Nobody moves back to cover the goal and nobody tries to move in to help clear the ball.

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/championshipvideo/0,,12555~1299664,00.html

Tickers