Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Official: We ARE a small club! (Delia in The Sun)

And who says so? why Delia in todays centre spread in the Sun.Now that really will put off players coming here...............stupid woman!.

Taken from my carrowroad.net post

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

And who says so? why Delia in todays centre spread in the Sun.

Now that really will put off players coming here...............stupid woman!.

[/quote]

Do you know what Wiz? I haven''t read it but i''ve just recieved an E-mail from a friend in London [West Ham fan] and he said something along the lines of ''read the centre spread in the sun, its rather ''Cringetastic''! His words not mine!!

NOT TRUE

The sun wrote:  She reckons most young people cannot afford to watch their local professional team because ticket prices have rocketed — and says smaller teams such as Norwich are suffering from the high costs too.

Delia DID NOT actually say it, the sun summarised it that way....  Atricle here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article826343.ece

[quote user="Steve Burns"]Spin Spin and more Spin and thats only from Wiz.[/quote]

If thats the case Steve, its because I''ve followed City for so bloody long now their spin has stuck to me!.

[/quote]

So could you comment on the things she actually DID say Wiz?

For the record - I agree with her!

[quote user="BBFF"]
Also in the Sun''s article Delia is whole heartedly against the Prems 39th game but in today''s EDP Doncaster say we have to keep an open mind on it and not to rule it out?  What is the clubs official line on the Prems 39th game?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST
[/quote]does the club have to have an official line on it.  I thought that spin (like official lines) was a bad thing.  I assume if it happens while we are not in the prem, even if we take a stance against it, we wouldn''t refuse to promote because of it.  If we get there before it happens, then is the time to get an official club line on whatever the proposals are on the table.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

NOT TRUE

The sun wrote:  She reckons most young people cannot afford to watch their local professional team because ticket prices have rocketed — and says smaller teams such as Norwich are suffering from the high costs too.

Delia DID NOT actually say it, the sun summarised it that way....  Atricle here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article826343.ece

[/quote]

Totally agree.

The Sun states that we are a ''smaller'' team. But then I suppose we are a ''smaller'' team in comparison to Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool but we would be a ''bigger'' team in comparison to ''King''s Lynn, Cheltenham, Lincoln, not disrespect to those sides. It all depends on how you wish to interpret the article, sadly some people read the article with anti-Delia and Anti-board glasses on and then post that here.

[/quote]

Read it again mate, it does not say that, you read want you want to read and in this case, your happy to dish out more stick on her. We are a smaller club than the big 4 and in fact add 3/4''s of the prem, if you think otherwise then you are really deluded. We are bigger than a hell of a lot of clubs, you even know that. Like it has been said, its the Sun. We all knew that she would be doing her promo tour for her book and so be it, the topic of us was always going to come up in every interview and thats good.

I work with the most eclectic mix of supporters you can imagine, I would say pretty much the whole of the football league are spoken for and not one of them say we are a small club, they sometimes say we are pants, Delia is batty and we have a cracking crowd and ground. We do have to face it, we are not a big club in terms of Man Utd, Arsenal etc etc, we never will. If she said that we could become that big, now doubt you would have slated her saying more spin spin spin..............

It is wiz you are addressing your remarks to. A man whose soul purpose in life seems to be to find a stick to beat the club with. Fact, truth or accuracy are not integral parts of those attacks. I expect he will be announcing that he is Napoleon in the near future

[/quote]

Been Dave and confused for so long its not true,
Wanted a woman, never bargained for you.
Lots of people talk and few of them know,
Soul of a wizard was created below. yeah!

The voice of the Thorpe Area wrote: Totally agree with everything Delia has written in that article, it''s hard to see how anyone can''t agree with it really.

What? like the quote where she states that footy is a good outlet for bored youths?...........does that include the 14 City fans arrested at the Leicester game?.  [:|]

The voice of the Thorpe Area wrote: Totally agree with everything Delia has written in that article, it''s hard to see how anyone can''t agree with it really.

What? like the quote where she states that footy is a good outlet for bored youths?...........does that include the 14 City fans arrested at the Leicester game?.  [:|]

[/quote]

No. For that she would have had to say "stupid youths", and we both know that football is better off without that element, don''t we Wizard? Or would you prefer to blame Delia for their behaviour as well? I''m sure she''s got broad shoulders by now.

Of course we should be blaming Delia for their behaviour... and global warming and any other ill you can think of. Honestly sometimes I despair, is there nothing people will use to have a go at her for?? I really dont see what she said in that article to offend anyone

What I can''t understand, given the general disagreement with almost everything that 1st Wizard posts, is why people feel it necessary to respond to his wind ups. The minute he makes a post, everybody just jumps in making it look as though his views have some sort of validity.

Perhaps if everybody just ignores him he''ll get fed up & go away.

[/quote]

That  was an isolated inncident Wiz, and not one that many clubs these days are used to experiencing. Me and quite a mates have season tickets- I''d say that that is a good outlet for us.

In reply to your title for this post, we are a small club, I think that Delia is comparing us, and more or less every other club in the country to the big 4. In which case, she is 100% spot on in my opinion, and I''m sure you''ll agree with it as well!

[quote user="Making Plans"]

What I can''t understand, given the general disagreement with almost everything that 1st Wizard posts, is why people feel it necessary to respond to his wind ups. The minute he makes a post, everybody just jumps in making it look as though his views have some sort of validity.

[/quote]

Making Plans, with over 870 posts you should know better than to make such naive posts. Wizard won''t go away if he was the only one posting on this forum. As a matter of fact, he might prefer that, perhaps believing it''s a lot more interesting when he argues with himself. Which he usually achieves anyway.

I have skimmed over the article which is all anything written in the Sun is worth ( I know, I have been featured) and I don''t see anything to get worked up about. Sometimes understating yourself can be a plus. We soon get fed up with some of the headline grabbers forever bigging themselves up.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]

I praise Hucks, wish Jarvis well, welcome Juan..............what the hell is wrong with that? Every year for 5 years now someone of your ilk calls for this, hmm?[:|]