Sign in to follow this  
Worf

Jamie Cureton - TERRIBLE

I hope all you cureton bashers feel bad. Smudger is more positive and intelligent than you. I wonder about norwich fans sometimes. They think the donkey and hooze and robinson were quality and think players like cureton are rubbish.

[quote user="Fellas"]I hope all you cureton bashers feel bad. Smudger is more positive and intelligent than you. I wonder about norwich fans sometimes. They think the donkey and hooze and robinson were quality and think players like cureton are rubbish.[/quote]He has potential to be class but needs better service.  Create the chances and he will put them away. 

[quote user="Fellas"]I hope all you cureton bashers feel bad. Smudger is more positive and intelligent than you. I wonder about norwich fans sometimes. They think the donkey and hooze and robinson were quality and think players like cureton are rubbish.
[/quote]

You clearly haven''t grasped the idea of actually judging players on their performances rather than what you personally think of them.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="zigzag"]do not be surprised if cureton leaves norwich c next season he has a nasty habit of breaking contracts especially if norwich go down and theres a few quid more to be earned elsewhere (which i hope they dont col u and nor c are my favorites) he left col u because they lacked ambition he''s career was saved by col u as he was playing in swindon''s reserves and to thank them he signs a 2 year contract then breaks after a year who needs enemy''s when you have cureton about  [/quote]

Of course you''re not bitter are you zigzag?

Jamie walks on water for me, and he bleeds yellow and green unlike Dave the * striker. Feed him and he will score..................simple.

[/quote]

A couple of points if I may.  I am certainly not bitter about JC leaving us last year although I think he could have handled the PR a bit better for his own sake but that is just me.  After all, this is football and this is what happens sometimes!

More importantly, re his playing, he was mostly a great success last season because of Iwelumo with whom (I am sure he will agree) he had a wonderful understanding.  If you can find someone who can do something similar (not above chest height as he won''t win much in the air) you, too, may get goals through him.

I am not a friend but I have chatted with JC several times and unless he has changed the lad loves scoring and was fulsome in his praise of the balls sent in by Iwelumo (pity you can''t "share" a Golden Boot with the majority provider, I think, but that''s also football).

Of the Colchester set up he once told me: "The gaffer said: if you think you have even half a chance go for it and that''s the way I try to play."

I believe he tried to do that for you against Barnet?  And what happened?  If your then Manager thought it necessary to put him down my view is that it should have been done in the Dressing Room and not for a second in public although I don''t think it should have been done at all.

I am sure it has happened many times but I cannot actually recall a Manager putting down a player in public for going for his hat trick but as we all know at all levels of football players often do it if they think they are "on".  And why not?

Perhaps your Mr Roeder and a good partner will be able to restore his confidence?

I realise this may be completely off the wall on here but a number of Col Who? fans blamed our failure to win on a couple of timely interceptions by one Doc.

I''ll get my coat.................

If Jamie was out injured for the whole season.........he''d still score more than Chris Brown.

Get off the lad''s case, when the ''providers'' start delivering balls into the box that JC can feed off, rather than delivering balls that look like they''ve been over-inflated with barrage baloon helium, and what even Crouchy would have difficulty connecting with (even if he stood balancing precariously on the opposition''s crossbar).

Play to Cureton''s strengths......he ain''t no pacey forward, but his finishing in the box is excellent.

"Roedy Can''t Fail!" stated:   

But JC joined the Club on the 29th June 2007.Why would his fee be included in a/c''s drawn up to the 31st May?

---------------------------

Note 35 relates to ''Post Balance Sheet Events'' , i.e. post (i.e., after)31st May 2007.

''Since the year end the Club has purchased the registrations of players Jamie Cureton, ........for a total of £2.2m.''

I hope this helps.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]"Roedy Can''t Fail!" stated:   

But JC joined the Club on the 29th June 2007.Why would his fee be included in a/c''s drawn up to the 31st May?

---------------------------

Note 35 relates to ''Post Balance Sheet Events'' , i.e. post (i.e., after)31st May 2007.

''Since the year end the Club has purchased the registrations of players Jamie Cureton, ........for a total of £2.2m.''

I hope this helps.

[/quote]

Certainly does thanks, I don''t have a copy myself and couldn''t tell  these were post balance sheet events from your original post.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Who wants to lay into Curo now then, as I''ve predicted correctly? Mister Chops? Anybody else?[/quote]

Glad to see him score mate but it won''t alter the fact that he was overpriced and will never be as good as Earnshaw.

I have always liked the lad and freely admit he beeds for the club. None of that however detracts from my claim that he was never goung to be good enough to get us into the Prem.

I hope he goes on to score plenty more this season but any honest appraisal of the lad would have to say that his best days are behind him.

He is a lower league striker who once again came very close to missing an open goal the fact it hit the post and went in was more to luck than his striking expertise .If we want to improve we need much much better strikers than JC .

i would love for jamie to win over the doubters in the same manner Iwan did. He had a lot of expectation on him to fill Earnshaws boots. He has some great of the ball movement watch the run he makes for the second blackpool goal,its so sublime i missed it the first time around.

Definately a player i would keep.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Fellas"]I hope all you cureton bashers feel bad. Smudger is more positive and intelligent than you. I wonder about norwich fans sometimes. They think the donkey and hooze and robinson were quality and think players like cureton are rubbish.[/quote]

You clearly haven''t grasped the idea of actually judging players on their performances rather than what you personally think of them.

[/quote]Yeah because hooze and robinson were quality. I mean they should be in the prem. probably with one of the top 4. Cureton has scored some goals, arguably not enough, but then again he''s scored the important ones. He is doing his job unlikely some of the shoddy players we had last season and this season. We love you Jamie, I hope this is the start of a scoring spree and put these bashers in their place.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Fellas"]I hope all you cureton bashers feel bad. Smudger is more positive and intelligent than you. I wonder about norwich fans sometimes. They think the donkey and hooze and robinson were quality and think players like cureton are rubbish.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah because hooze and robinson were quality. I mean they should be in the prem. probably with one of the top 4. Cureton has scored some goals, arguably not enough, but then again he''s scored the important ones. He is doing his job unlikely some of the shoddy players we had last season and this season.

We love you Jamie, I hope this is the start of a scoring spree and put these bashers in their place.
[/quote]

Point missed somewhat there. My post had nothing to do with Robinson and Hughes (and please tell me who thought they were "quality"?), maybe I should have made that clear.

Also I do not "bash" any player, I judge them on the performances they put in rather than their reputation. I personally don''t think Cureton has performed this year, however he was better last week and he scored today so maybe it''s a turning point for him. I sincerely hope he does improve, I certainly don''t want him to play badly just so I can say "I told you so" but I won''t shy away from criticising anyone who fails to perform.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Fellas"]I hope all you cureton bashers feel bad. Smudger is more positive and intelligent than you. I wonder about norwich fans sometimes. They think the donkey and hooze and robinson were quality and think players like cureton are rubbish.[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah because hooze and robinson were quality. I mean they should be in the prem. probably with one of the top 4. Cureton has scored some goals, arguably not enough, but then again he''s scored the important ones. He is doing his job unlikely some of the shoddy players we had last season and this season. We love you Jamie, I hope this is the start of a scoring spree and put these bashers in their place.[/quote]

Point missed somewhat there. My post had nothing to do with Robinson and Hughes (and please tell me who thought they were "quality"?), maybe I should have made that clear.

Also I do not "bash" any player, I judge them on the performances they put in rather than their reputation. I personally don''t think Cureton has performed this year, however he was better last week and he scored today so maybe it''s a turning point for him. I sincerely hope he does improve, I certainly don''t want him to play badly just so I can say "I told you so" but I won''t shy away from criticising anyone who fails to perform.

[/quote]However you seem to back Doherty, who''s track record is quite frankly awful. I don''t care if he got voted player of the season. Whoever voted for him obviously never went to a single away game. But that''s beside the point. What annoys me is that people bash quality players for no apparent reason, yes he hasn''t scored 27 goals yet, but he has scored, other players particularly the midfield have played bad and this has affected cureton. I don''t think it''s a coinsidence that as soon as we start winning cureton starts scoring (or maybe vice versa). The fact of the matter is, I believe cureton is better than brown, I believe taylor is better than doherty. Cureton should not be made a scapegoat, just like you say that fans are making doherty out to be one. I am not, doherty is not a good player, and when we can replace him, whether that be with taylor or someone else, our team will improve. There are not many better finishers in this division than cureton, and any replacement for him will be costly, probably not value for money and a waste.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Who wants to lay into Curo now then, as I''ve predicted correctly? Mister Chops? Anybody else?[/quote]

I''m delighted he scored a goal today, particularly as it was the winning goal.  I''m also thrilled we kept a clean sheet away from home.  Long term, I still think he''s an inferior version of Earnshaw.  If that''s "laying into" him, so be it.  I view it more as an opinion that 90% of people would agree with... frankly, the blind loyalty that we must not dare say anything negative about anyone wearing the yellow and green (unless it''s Doherty, or Murray, or Lappin, or Russell, or Croft, or Fotheringham) is astonishing.

[quote user="Fellas"]

Yeah because hooze and robinson were quality. I mean they should be in the prem. probably with one of the top 4. Cureton has scored some goals, arguably not enough, but then again he''s scored the important ones. He is doing his job unlikely some of the shoddy players we had last season and this season.

We love you Jamie, I hope this is the start of a scoring spree and put these bashers in their place.
[/quote]

We''re not bashers, Fellas.  We''re just concerned that he''s not playing as well for us as he did for his previous clubs, and while we would sincerely like him to score 30 goals this season, we can''t see it happening.

Come on Jamie, prove us wrong.

[quote user="Fellas"]
However you seem to back Doherty, who''s track record is quite frankly awful. I don''t care if he got voted player of the season. Whoever voted for him obviously never went to a single away game. But that''s beside the point. What annoys me is that people bash quality players for no apparent reason, yes he hasn''t scored 27 goals yet, but he has scored, other players particularly the midfield have played bad and this has affected cureton. I don''t think it''s a coinsidence that as soon as we start winning cureton starts scoring (or maybe vice versa). The fact of the matter is, I believe cureton is better than brown, I believe taylor is better than doherty. Cureton should not be made a scapegoat, just like you say that fans are making doherty out to be one. I am not, doherty is not a good player, and when we can replace him, whether that be with taylor or someone else, our team will improve. There are not many better finishers in this division than cureton, and any replacement for him will be costly, probably not value for money and a waste.
[/quote]

Interesting to see that you''ve resorted to making stuff up to back your argument. Fact - we''ve conceded less goals with Doherty in the team this season (so he must be doing something right), he''s got man of the match for us on three occasions recently (so again he can''t be playing that badly otherwise he wouldn''t have got it) and three managers have consistently picked him (Worthington, Grant and Roeder) - even when Taylor was here, as soon as Doherty was fit (and not banned) he was picked ahead of Shackell so Roeder must see something in him. Also I''ve never said that Doherty is better than Taylor (actually, I can''t think of anyone who has) because I don''t believe he is.

Also I found this statement a bit strange - "I don''t think it''s a coinsidence that as soon as we start winning cureton starts scoring (or maybe vice versa)" - Cureton has scored twice in the last seven matches and even then the goal yesterday is the only one to actually win us points. As I said though, he seems to have improved over the last couple of games and that''s great, I hope he keeps it up. I do agree however he has had poor service from midfield, and it certainly hasn''t helped him - but then you could say that for all our strikers, I''ve just never seen you make that point for our other forwards (Brown, Strihavka, Hartson when he was here, etc).

Also I have never, ever made a certain player a scapegoat and I don''t believe anyone has made Cureton a scapegoat. The reason people are "bashing quality players" (as you put it) is because they haven''t been performing like maybe they should be. You''re not seriously suggesting that we never criticise our so-called better players when they have bad games?

Anyway you''re saying you''re not making Doherty a scapegoat, but you are - the fact is you''ll have a go at him for anything and everything (even stuff that hasn''t actually happened) but you won''t give him credit when he plays well, or sets up a goal, or whatever. That''s the point - I would like to think that supporters will give players credit where it''s due but also be prepared to criticise when players don''t perform to the standard we expect, regardless of who it is. But some supporters don''t - Cureton (for example) missed a sitter from six yards against Plymouth but got a polite round of applause. If that had been, say, Brown (or even Doherty) they would have been slaughtered. Now you can''t tell me that''s the right thing to do?

Another goal for JC then?

8 this season in a team that has only bagged 23 (the worst in the Championship) and yet still the guy has been getting panned by many.

My betting is that if we do manage to stay safe this season that Jamie''s contribution to City''s cause will be far more considerable than those of the Doc (who has been receiving many paludits recently).  I agree with Fella''s 100% that many peoples judgement on here of what makes a good player is questionable to say the least!!!

Hope everybody had a good Christmas??? 

I am still rubbing my eyes with disbelief that instead of finding ourselves cast adrift we are now in there with a real chance of staying up in the dogfight that will take place between several clubs in the New Year. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="Fellas"]

[/quote]

We''re not bashers, Fellas.  We''re just concerned that he''s not playing as well for us as he did for his previous clubs, and while we would sincerely like him to score 30 goals this season, we can''t see it happening.

Come on Jamie, prove us wrong.

[/quote]

That''s one slice of humble pie I''m chewing on.  Well played JC.  He was my MoM yesterday, though I see Russell won it again - do his family sponsor it or something?

[quote user="Smudger"]

8 this season in a team that has only bagged 23 (the worst in the Championship) and yet still the guy has been getting panned by many.

My betting is that if we do manage to stay safe this season that Jamie''s contribution to City''s cause will be far more considerable than those of the Doc (who has been receiving many paludits recently).  I agree with Fella''s 100% that many peoples judgement on here of what makes a good player is questionable to say the least!!!

I am still rubbing my eyes with disbelief that instead of finding ourselves cast adrift we are now in there with a real chance of staying up in the dogfight that will take place between several clubs in the New Year. 

[/quote]

Oh Smudger, if you only went to the matches you would see that Doherty isn''t the liability, it is Shackell.  Yesterday was a classic example of this.  Doc was runner-up to Cureton for MoM, Shackell was poor.

But you wouldn''t know that, of course.  Still, nice to see you trying to get behind the team.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Blimey its Smudger, didnt expect to see you again until we lost a game!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Who are you? And what have you done with Mark?

I think that this criticism of Cureton was largely justified - nobody could doubt his commitment to the cause or his tireless work ethic, but a striker''s job is to score goals, something he had failed to do. After five goals in three games in August, Curo completely lost the plot, as did the team in general - always running offside, looked like he couldn''t hit a barn door, no real understanding with his strike partners. Slowly but surely, as the team has gained in confidence under Roeder, so has Curo - it has just taken him a little longer than the rest of the team to get his form back. I think that the furious public tirade by Grant after the Barnet game really affected him, and he missed so many sitters between September and December it was almost like he''d been possessed by the spirit of Kevin Lisbie.Last year he got a lot of his goals because of his understanding with Iwelumo, but we''ve failed to pair him regularly with a target man this season. He had a few games with Brown but they never really clicked, Strihavka is obviously not going to get back into the team, Hartson could have been a great partner for him if he was four years younger and four stone lighter, Evans and Martin are neither big enough nor experienced enough to be the perfect foil for him - personally I''d pair Curo with Dublin wherever Dion''s fitness permits, and look to bring in another target man in January, offloading Brown and Strihavka in the process.Having said that, Curo will be 33 next summer - how many more seasons has he realistically got in him?

They say I change my mind a lot, well, I''ve never shifted it on Jamie for one nano second............he still walks on water for me!.

If you want to have a dig at a non scoing striker, then have a pop at a certain Mr Brown.

I had a close view of Curo during the second half and given the ball anywhere near the 18 yard box he is electric and seldom wastes the opportunity to have a go at goal.

Other than that you have to love reading his expressions, no other player looks at the fans like he does and when a chance goes begging his own expression mirrors ours - love the little guy.

Ageing League 1 striker who misses far more sitters than he puts away , hopefully after the next month he will be no more than a squad filler . You all want promotion it will not be achieved with the likes of Jamie Cureton .