Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

matty patty!!! best left midfielder since dave phillips or neil adams???

phillips and adams could spot a pass and had sweet left feet.  matty patty - also sweet left foot - today, i much admired his pin-point passing to feet (and along the deck) to his team mates.  Very much admired his prem quality ''goal assists.''  like dave phillips and adams, he''s not the quickest - I can''t see him taking on right backs and going past them for fun, but there was nothing flukey about the way he set up chadders and cureton today.  for the first, the boy was played in, found himself in space on the wing, got to the byeline, and didn''t flap - instead he coolly looked up, and played a delightful, and dangerous ball along the 6 yard box - chadders was on it in a flash and turned the ball in before any lightblues could react.  this is just what the doctor ordered for our sick club - what a tonic, and well done to roeder for bringing in someone with an obvious football brain who''s not afraid to use it.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

1. Neil Adams was a right winger.
  2. Darren Eadie
  3. Keith O''Neill
  4. Darren Huckerby
[/quote]yep you''re right - forget the adams stuff.  i was just thinking about his passing when comparing him to matty, and forgot which wing he was on!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

1. Neil Adams was a right winger.

2. Darren Eadie

3. Keith O''Neill

4. Darren Huckerby

[/quote]

yep you''re right - forget the adams stuff.  i was just thinking about his passing when comparing him to matty, and forgot which wing he was on!
[/quote]

And Kenny Foggo!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what scares me.  We get one win and people go mental about a player who did nothing more than OK.

No wonder we all get depressed and knocked down so quick.

Also why do people insist on this ''familiar'' name calling.  Matty Patty?  Are you his mum or his best friend?  NO.  So its Matthew Pattison or Pattison to us.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]phillips and adams could spot a pass and had sweet left feet. 

matty patty - also sweet left foot - today, i much admired his pin-point passing to feet (and along the deck) to his team mates.  Very much admired his prem quality ''goal assists.''  like dave phillips and adams, he''s not the quickest - I can''t see him taking on right backs and going past them for fun, but there was nothing flukey about the way he set up chadders and cureton today. 

for the first, the boy was played in, found himself in space on the wing, got to the byeline, and didn''t flap - instead he coolly looked up, and played a delightful, and dangerous ball along the 6 yard box - chadders was on it in a flash and turned the ball in before any lightblues could react. 

this is just what the doctor ordered for our sick club - what a tonic, and well done to roeder for bringing in someone with an obvious football brain who''s not afraid to use it.

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

This is what scares me.  We get one win and people go mental about a player who did nothing more than OK.

No wonder we all get depressed and knocked down so quick.

Also why do people insist on this ''familiar'' name calling.  Matty Patty?  Are you his mum or his best friend?  NO.  So its Matthew Pattison or Pattison to us.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]phillips and adams could spot a pass and had sweet left feet. 

matty patty - also sweet left foot - today, i much admired his pin-point passing to feet (and along the deck) to his team mates.  Very much admired his prem quality ''goal assists.''  like dave phillips and adams, he''s not the quickest - I can''t see him taking on right backs and going past them for fun, but there was nothing flukey about the way he set up chadders and cureton today. 

for the first, the boy was played in, found himself in space on the wing, got to the byeline, and didn''t flap - instead he coolly looked up, and played a delightful, and dangerous ball along the 6 yard box - chadders was on it in a flash and turned the ball in before any lightblues could react. 

this is just what the doctor ordered for our sick club - what a tonic, and well done to roeder for bringing in someone with an obvious football brain who''s not afraid to use it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

People are pleased with a good performance yesterday - so what?! Honestly don''t see why it bothers you that much.

Macdougall’s perm we are all pleased with the result yesterday but  JC makes a valid point. Patterson played ok, I didn''t see any more than that. First goal was set up by Dublin''s miss control you can''t say the cross was Beckhamesque. Second goal, yes nice little ball across the box. Not the most difficult ball in the world though. Just as much praise should go to Crofty for his initial run and pass.

Also Coventry were utterly toothless. The front pair were awful. Midfield was weak. I know all about their league position and all that but I am only telling it as I saw it. They were pants.

Thing is most teams in this league are pants. What we need to do is to build on this win. Keep it in prospective and move on to Blackpool with confidence and the same work rate and determination.

One win doesn''t make a season. I for one will wait to see how we do away to a Blackpool before I start booking my hotel for the playoff finals.

Sarcasm aside Blackpool are a team we need to beat if we are to get out of this mess. Who''s totally confident we will. Nobody I’d guess. So let see if we and Mr Patterson can put in two performances on the bounce before we start relaxing and hailing a loan player who’s played one game for us as a hall of fame candidate.

Have to say I hope this thread title is a little tongue in cheek.  Like many others I am delighted we finally got a win, and although I didnt go myself the general feeling of those who did seems to be that it was a better performance albeit against a very poor opposition.  To keep it in perspective Sheff Wed and QPR both looked pretty poor as well and we took nowt from those games so on that basis it seems like a step in the right direction, however a return to type away at Blackpool and all the good work will be undone.

To start rating Pattison as the best since anyone seems a tad premature - ffs the lad has only played one game.  He may turn out to be great, he may turn out pants.  The point is we wont know until he has played four or five games.  Others have been hailed as our saviours on here after one performance in the past (remember Lappin got rave reviews after his first game last season now people want to unload him in Jan), and others damned too soon (Fozzy springs to mind and he now seems to be headed the other way  in hype terms and also Dublin)

Lets just savour the taste of victory and hope to God it was not a one off.  We need all the team to play well again on Tuesday and a point is the absolute minimum we should be looking for.

OTBC

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]Can we give someone more than 1 game before declaring them as good as City Legends who spent many a season earning their status.[/quote]Well said.  If he''d been short of match fitness yesterday and had a poor game, would it have been "worst left midfielder since Easton/Llewellyn/Henderson"?

My god! Some people on here find any reason for an argument! Does it really matter what the hell people call him, "paty" "matty" "pattison" "matty patty"Who seriously cares. Get it sorted. and i hope to god you would never ever consider calling Mr D Huckerby, Hucks! Plonker!

Sorry benny-wenny.

[quote user="Canary Ben002"]

My god! Some people on here find any reason for an argument! Does it really matter what the hell people call him, "paty" "matty" "pattison" "matty patty"Who seriously cares. Get it sorted. and i hope to god you would never ever consider calling Mr D Huckerby, Hucks! Plonker!

[/quote]

ok people - lets think back to our prem season - how many times did an opposition player find themselves in space outside the box, compose themselves before picking out one of their players with a precise pass to feet in our area, who would then burst the net before our backtracking, floundering defence had a chance to react?  ok - matty patty has played one game - he''s early 20''s and could blow hot and cold - and he was playing out of position on the left side (you could see this by the amount of times he wanted to come inside) BUT - for me he''s the closest thing to dave phillips than anyone at the club since him.  sure phillips, and also adams on the right, couldn''t beat a man for pace, but they could pick our boys out with accurate passing and good crossing to create chances. and somethimes these wide midfielders, rather than out and out wingers like eadie and hucks, can provide balance to a midfield - making us  better defensively  and  threatening offensively. i''ve seen the boy once - but i''ve already seen enough to know that matty is a good footballer, with great  passing ability and  seemingly the nouse to create goals.  what more does anyone want - poor old crofty runs all day for the cause, but matty patty has already created more goals in one match than he''s done all season!!! i''d hate to be proved wrong- cos city will be the worse for it, but imo matty could go on to be a great for city - he''s got talent and a physical engine to match.  i rate matty, simple as.

Have to say I agree with the other posters above suggesting restraint may be the order of the day when judging Pattison (and the other new guys). I thought both Pattison and Camara did ok yesterday. I did not notice Camara get beaten by his man or them open us up down the left hand side once yesterday which suggests they both did well defensively. Going forward I thought Pattison was tidy, made some good passes but looks like he lacks the sort of pace to be a genuine threat down the flanks. His future may lie further infield. I certainly would not keep Hucks out of the team in order to keep Pattison on the left though.