Sign in to follow this  
Arizona Bay

Call off the protests as a mark of respect.

I totally respect the right to protest but protesting on the day Graham Paddon is remembered would surely be counter-productive to the protestors cause as they would lose support and respect.

I find it disappointing that some people haven''t even read the article about Paddon''s death on the official site.As is clearly stated, "There will also be a [b]period of applause[/b] prior to kick-off."Quite rightly, Paddon''s day is meant to be positive, not negative.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I''m with Smudger on this one.

There is no reason why the protest should not go ahead as planned as long as the protesters pay their respect to Graham Paddon with a minutes silence like everybody else who is attending. It will show that they are genuine fans and not the disruptive thugs that some make them out to be.

Oh and can we make sure it is a minutes silence please and not this new fangled minutes applause nonsense. I know it''s difficult for some members of society to keep quiet for one minute without swearing/belching/boasting about their latest sexual contest/talking about Facebook but it''s so much more respectful.

[/quote]

Totally wrong.

It is going to be a minute of applause, which is both appreciative and respectful in view of what he done for the club. Surely you can''t be that ignorant?

I cannot believe that you mention being respectful after you said that you don''t see why the protest should go ahead! Talk about contradicting yourself.

I say again: those that are considering joining Smudger in his protest on Saturday are an absolute disgrace and a total embarrassment to the club.

A great player has just passed away, so get a bloody grip of yourselves and get some perspective [8o|]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

There is no reason why the protest should not go ahead as planned as long as the protesters pay their respect to Graham Paddon with a minutes silence like everybody else who is attending. It will show that they are genuine fans and not the disruptive thugs that some make them out to be.

Oh and can we make sure it is a minutes silence please and not this new fangled minutes applause nonsense. I know it''s difficult for some members of society to keep quiet for one minute without swearing/belching/boasting about their latest sexual contest/talking about Facebook but it''s so much more respectful.

[/quote]Agreed. I don''t agree with a protest now but fail to see what Graham Paddon''s death has to do with it

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

Agreed. I don''t agree with a protest now but fail to see what Graham Paddon''s death has to do with it
[/quote]

It''s called respect

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

Agreed. I don''t agree with a protest now but fail to see what Graham Paddon''s death has to do with it
[/quote]

SPat, have you not read properly and understood any of the posts on here today?

How sad that the agenda for Saturday has been set by these protesters. I say, Let Them Protest, and then wait for the reactions of the supporters. I predict that will be the end of the Protest and those of us who want to show our serious concerns at the present plight of our Club will have to find other ways to show our feelings. At present that other way for me, after a properly observed show of respect for a true Norwich City Great, is to give the Team 100% support for 90 minutes on Saturday, and then make a proper judgement of what Glen Roeder and his new Staff have to offer for the future of NCFC. When you follow a Team for 50 years, you see a cycle of good times and bad times, and at present our Team is undoubtedly poor and underperforming, but Roeder is taking the very actions, it seems, that we want to see taken - addressing the problems at the heart of ther Team by bringing in a quality CH, rebuilding our woeful Midfield, and by all accounts seeking to find a solution to our inadequacies up front. Maybe, just maybe, some of the "leaders" of this Protest have nothing else to do on a Saturday afternoon!

i think 90% people on thread are correct and have a 2nd thought, the other 10% of supporters  are discrace.

there are other week to do this as suggested, there is plenty of time to do it

end of the day what will the protest actually do? prob nout, especially in the time distance between home games

and everyone reckns norwich are worse of team in the country you are far far from it

good luck norwich n i hope the 10% people gather a few brain cells

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

Totally wrong.

It is going to be a minute of applause, which is both appreciative and respectful in view of what he done for the club. Surely you can''t be that ignorant?

I cannot believe that you mention being respectful after you said that you don''t see why the protest should not go ahead! Talk about contradicting yourself.

I say again: those that are considering joining Smudger in his protest on Saturday are an absolute disgrace and a total embarrassment to the club.

A great player has just passed away, so get a bloody grip of yourselves and get some perspective [8o|]

[/quote]

Edited slightly [:$]

[quote user="we8wba"]

i think 90% people on thread are correct and have a 2nd thought, the other 10% of supporters  are discrace.

end of the day what will the protest actually do? prob nout, especially in the time distance between home games

and everyone reckns norwich are worse of team in the country you are far far from it

[/quote]

Thanks for that we8wba, I hope people pay attention to your last line.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Surely a postponement would be the sensible solution given that many of your fellow protestors have also voiced their concern at protesting on the same day that we honour a City legend? Just a thought...[/quote]Yeah thats true. Now there''ll only be Three instead of Six protesting =]

there is a appropriat time to protest and this saturdays game is not one of those times, we should all come together to remember what a legend this player was, my dad remembers seeing him play and was shocked when he read the news, by all means protest smudger but u will be the only one there as the rest of us will be marking our respect to this legend,

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]Agreed. I don''t agree with a protest now but fail to see what Graham Paddon''s death has to do with it[/quote]

SPat, have you not read properly and understood any of the posts on here today?

[/quote]I DON''T agree with a protest at all, but I don''t think a protest is disrepectful to the memory of GP. It''s called a difference of opinion.

im really against the whole board ,  BUT  wont  protest on at saturday as to pay my respects to a very  good norwich player & i think you should  rethink about it as really can  see you getting a slap . leave it to the next home game  on the ball city

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You clearly have a problem with difference of opinion Mark. I''m not going to protest this weekend but i know others are still and i agree the timing is different now but you really are coming across like a news of the world rent a mob with your reaction to a protest. Hardly fitting with regards to the thread is it Mark?

The only thing I can think after Smudger''s post is that he has a persecution complex.It''s almost as if he feels that Paddon''s untimely death was yet another ploy to put a spanner in the works of his planned demonstration.The minute''s applause on Saturday is to say thanks for all the memories and to remember a true City great.   Saturday should be all about remembering Graham Paddon and what he did for Norwich.   It''s not about some self-important protestors who are intent on tarnishing the day no matter what.   I don''t care if you don''t have any respect for Paddon, Smudger, but for once in your life have a little respect for those who do - and that includes his family who will no doubt be so pleased to see or hear a bunch of protestors mouthing off and taking the shine off a day that should all be about a true City hero.Save it for another day mate - do yourself (and the rest of us) a favour.  Thanks.

The period immediaately prior to the game on Saturday should be devoted to the memory of Graham Paddon - who was a very significant player for Norwich and who will be sadly missed. By definition a protest will arouse strong feelings outside and possibly inside the ground.   There is no problem in delaying the protest until december - the Board will still be here. For goodness sake call the protest off in m respect to a true legend.

Some observations:

1) Surely the protest is against the way the board has run the club over the last few years. If so, it will be just as relevant in two weeks time as it will be on Saturday.

2) Were protestors intending to protest against the board inside the ground before the game? I don''t think so. The Sheffield Wednesday game began with a minute''s applause for Johnny Gavin, but I don''t think anyone would say that the chants at the end of "Are you watching Delia?" and "Stand up if the football''s sh*t" were disrespectful to Johnny''s memory. I won''t be protesting, wouldn''t have been anyway, but can''t see there''s anything wrong with a demo outside the ground after the game.

3) Given that Smudger''s not going to the game, I would be interested to know when he is going to hold his period of silence. Is it too much to hope that it is on this messageboard, for a decade?

Of course there is a danger that the Press will focus on any protest, however large or small, and in doing so will actually comment that our fans have no respect for one of our greats.

Postpone it.  If things are as bad as made out, Roeder won''t turn it around in the space of four games (or may be he will and that is the fear).

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]...coming across like a news of the world rent a mob...[/quote]And Smudger isn''t ?  He doesn''t even support the club for god''s sake.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You clearly have a problem with difference of opinion Mark. I''m not going to protest this weekend but i know others are still and i agree the timing is different now but you really are coming across like a news of the world rent a mob with your reaction to a protest. Hardly fitting with regards to the thread is it Mark?

[/quote]

I am not part of any mob Arthur, and if you think I come across like being a part of one, then maybe you should take another look at some of Smudgers posts, which is why I agreed with we8wba.

You too have had a problem with a difference of opinion in the past - but then again, doesn''t everyone on here have a problem with it from time to time?

[quote user="Arganth"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]...coming across like a news of the world rent a mob...[/quote]

And Smudger isn''t ?  He doesn''t even support the club for god''s sake.
[/quote]

How do you know Smudger doesnt support the club, have you ever met him?

[quote user="C.T "]

Smudger doesnt support the club, have you ever met him?

[/quote]

Because he hasn''t been to a game for years

He slags down every new player that arrives

He moans about everything green and yellow

He slags down our new manager

He calls Norwich fans every name under the sun

He cheered Ipswich to win against us

Shall I go on????????

CT comments were actually '' How do you know that Smudger doesn''t support the club '' not as shown in my quote box in the above post

Effective protests need credability. Surely protesting on the same day as we should be paying our respects to a Norwich legend is both disrespectful to many and will damage that credability.

The protests will become a laughing stock.