Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Protest BEFORE Coventry Game is so wrong!

I fully understand, and partly agree, with the alledged protesters motives, but I would like to say to them, to do it before the Coventry game is fundemently wrong and uncalled for in my book.

Why?.

Whilst I know that the badly planned protest its not aimed at Glen Roeder or the players, it''ll be them who pick up on the negative shouting and vibes before the game, and make them more nervous then they would normally be. It will also only help and encourage the Coventry players, management and their fans as well, do you really want this on your conciensce, because I sure as hell don''t!

Far better don''t you agree, to wait, watch and support the team as a united group of supporters rather than a divided rabble. Forget the egos, the 3 points are far more valuable and vital than a protest against a failing board.

I''ll go further, to protest BEFORE the game is a helping hand to get City relegated, okay?.

Now, having said the above, I would like to add the following:

Should, God forbid, the Coventry result go against us, and we lose yet again, then in the words of Maximus in the film Gladiator, ''Unleash Hell'', get round to the front of the ground and let the damn board know your true feelings.

But not before.................please!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I fully understand, and partly agree, with the alledged protesters motives, but I would like to say to them, to do it before the Coventry game is fundemently wrong and uncalled for in my book.

Why?.

Whilst I know that the badly planned protest its not aimed at Glen Roeder or the players, it''ll be them who pick up on the negative shouting and vibes before the game, and make them more nervous then they would normally be. It will also only help and encourage the Coventry players, management and their fans as well, do you really want this on your conciensce, because I sure as hell don''t!

Far better don''t you agree, to wait, watch and support the team as a united group of supporters rather than a divided rabble. Forget the egos, the 3 points are far more valuable and vital than a protest against a failing board.

I''ll go further, to protest BEFORE the game is a helping hand to get City relegated, okay?.

Should, God forbid, the Coventry result go against us, and we lose yet again, then in the words of Maximus in the film Gladiator, ''Unleash Hell'', get round to the front of the ground and let the damn board know your true feelings.

[/quote]

I think you are right Wiz, I am not taken by the Strawman arguement that those that are unhappy with the way the Club is being run, should take to the Barricades like a bunch of schoolboy anarchists at the first opportunity.

I totally agree wiz. The problem as I see it is that a small protest by a few people will only STRENGTHEN the boards view that the vast majority of supporters are behind them and we all know this is not the case. If the team do manage to get a win on Saturday then the protest will go unreported and if they lose the protesters will be blamed. Either way, a protest BEFORE the match is doomed to failure whereas a protest AFTER the match (if we lose ) will have far more effect. 

[quote user="Confused Des"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Why?.

[/quote]

I think you are right Wiz, I am not taken by the Strawman arguement that those that are unhappy with the way the Club is being run, should take to the Barricades like a bunch of schoolboy anarchists at the first opportunity.

[/quote]

First opportunity???

So we haven''t heard all this before then?

People not wishing to protest are just spineless... nothing to do with how the team might perform is it???

Supporting them has worked wonders this season/last season and the season before hasn''t it???

Most of the players are not fit to wear the shirt anyhow... even Huckerby has said as much.

Hell a bit of a protest on Saturday may even give the players the kick up the ass required to make them get out there and fight for 3 points rather than being walked all over yet again.

Like I said if you disagree with it just keep quiet because if enough peopple turn up then it is happening whether you like it or not.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

But thats what they want.

[/quote]

Oh surely not Squit, I really can''t believe that and why would you think thats the case then?.

[Y][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Why?.

[/quote]

Wiz you lovely old boy ,you are so right, you are indeed a wise old "sage" ,absolutely spot on .I think all of us on the board respect your views (perhaps not quite all) but most love you to bits [Y] arrdee.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Like I said if you disagree with it just keep quiet because if enough peopple turn up then it is happening whether you like it or not.

[/quote]

So sod the further damage to the club eh Smudger? Christ! thats a tad selfish mate, at least wait until afterwards, or are worried that City will win?...............I''m praying for a win my man.

Yes, I want the board out too, but after we''re safe, surely?.[^o)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Confused Des"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Why?.

[/quote]

[/quote]

First opportunity???

So we haven''t heard all this before then?

People not wishing to protest are just spineless... nothing to do with how the team might perform is it???

Supporting them has worked wonders this season/last season and the season before hasn''t it???

Most of the players are not fit to wear the shirt anyhow... even Huckerby has said as much.

Hell a bit of a protest on Saturday may even give the players the kick up the ass required to make them get out there and fight for 3 points rather than being walked all over yet again.

[/quote]

The fact that Glenn Roeder may well be playing a team with a significant change in player personnel (Pattison plus 2 new signings hopefully, not to mention Taylor) suggests it''s bad timing to me, and i bet others too. If we don''t get a result against Coventry with all fans cheering then i''ll accept you''re possibly right but for now support is needed. You''ve every right to go ahead with the protest of course, but personally getting behind a new look team would surely be the best method for keeping our club in the Championship at least. Yes, i know you''re protesting because you can''t stand the cook, but Delia is just one entity of many at CR and if the good times came back then i bet everyone would be back behind her. Club success is what the fans want, who cares who''s at the top if things can be as good as our Championship winning days return (and they''ve happened under her regime let''s not forget, although many choose to remember the bad). Glenn Roeder and what he''s trying to build could really be the start of something good...Rome wasn''t built in a day[;)]

I can remember a protest last year when worthy was still hear. There was about 10 people standing in carrow road with 1 or 2 people yelling out. To be honest with you, you were making yourselves look like a bunch of idiots! It was a complete waste of your time, so my advice to you all thinking of a protest. Don''t bother you are just making yourselves look stupid! Buts thats nothing new to you, is it smudger!

[quote user="citytillidie"]

I can remember a protest last year when worthy was still hear. There was about 10 people standing in carrow road with 1 or 2 people yelling out. To be honest with you, you were making yourselves look like a bunch of idiots! It was a complete waste of your time, so my advice to you all thinking of a protest. Don''t bother you are just making yourselves look stupid! Buts thats nothing new to you, is it smudger!

[/quote]

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

[A]

I agree, a protest after the game is much more acceptable than one before. Plus as someone said we may have 2 or 3 new players by then and we need to think of the impression we give them.

If folk wish to protest, then let them protest.....I certainly don''t have a problem with it.

If it wasn''t for the likes of Greenpeace, we''d be all walking around with a ''Windscale Glow''.....

Logic would suggest that a protest after the game would be more productive. If nothing else if we lose your support may well be swelled by a good few hundred more bodies.

I see that some wish it protest. Why somebody who doesn''t go would lead it is beyond me. I know I know he''s making a stand unlike us other sheep. TWAT. Bet that don''t get posted.

Wait until after the game especially if we are to get in a couple more players. At least they deserve a chance before it turns nasty. Isn''t going to encourage people to join our club. And surely the most pressing point on anybodies agenda is to avoid relegation. Although for some I don''t think that is so.

Maybe the logic of the protest organizer is that if we do get a few new players and thing go well against Coventry, a win say that a protest after the event would be a bit of a damp squib and would lack publicity and punch. Hell that wouldn’t do would it Smudger.

Don''t worry, there will probably be only about 20 and will look a tad stupid like the Worthy demos, just a few old men shouting the same crap and getting strange looks from people.

Don''t worry there will only be about 20 people there, remember the Worthy protests? Maybe a max of 50 people there, well thats what I can remember. Most people will look at them with strange looks and jut walk past, I don''t think that it will affect the team that day, itrs what counts in the ground and the supporters cheering loud, remember that Smidge?

You will certainly notice Smudgers demo as he will have....

a big bass drum strapped to his back with a levered baton tied with string to his right ankle

an acoustic guitar in his hands

a mouth organ on a bracket around his neck

and pair of cymbals between his knees.

[quote user="biggleyellow"]Don''t worry, there will probably be only about 20 and will look a tad stupid like the Worthy demos, just a few old men shouting the same crap and getting strange looks from people.[/quote]#

And thats what concerns me as well biggleyellow, apart from looking extremely silly, it would also send the wrong message that the protestors are a tiny minority of board outers.

Whereas, I believe there is a huge groundswell of discontented Board Outers who don''t want to demostrate........ yet.

That is the difference.[:|]

You are so right 1st Wiz. I have a feeling that the players will let us down so a protest AFTER the game is what is needed.

I seem to remember a Wolves fan after our play off victory had a "You''ve let us down again" banner that he had pre-prepared on the off-chance that he might need it.  I also seem to remember that he was roundly abused (rightly) for being a Muppet and for being symptomatic of the negative attitiude of Wolves fans. 

Perhaps if you ask him nicely he might let you borrow it.......

Wizz:

Probably the wisest thing you have posted. Hope others take notice. Sorry if thats sounding like I''m damning with faint praise. We''re all entitled to our views, I don''t always agree with what you or others say, but you have the right to say it. On this, I actually agree.

A loss at the weekend would be a disaster of unimaginable proportions.

OTBC

[quote user="jelltex"]

Wizz:

Probably the wisest thing you have posted. Hope others take notice. Sorry if thats sounding like I''m damning with faint praise. We''re all entitled to our views, I don''t always agree with what you or others say, but you have the right to say it. On this, I actually agree.

A loss at the weekend would be a disaster of unimaginable proportions.

OTBC

[/quote]

Agreed jelltex, I dare not even think of the fallout from that if it happened, these are worrying and scary times, so scary in fact, that I may have to consider bringing my evil Hexes out of their boxes.

But as things are going lately, they''d probably explode in my face!. [:D]

Smudger,

You have every right to protest when and how you see fit but this Saturday is,''t the time to do it. Not just because we will be paying our respects to the great Graham Paddon, not because we will be welcoming his family just before the game but mainly because the lads will need us all to be behind tham 100%.

We''ve got 3 loan players ( could be 4) playing for us against Coventry. These are all lads who have willing said yes to help us in our battle to get out of the bottom six , what sort of message would a protest send to them?

I beg you Smudger to think again and keep your protest for the Plymouth game on Dec 4th where I think you''ll get more people backing you.

CA

Smudger is bright enough to realise that if we win against Coventry and results and performances start to improve in the following games then this will be his last chance to protest for a while.  His only hope is that results continue badly so his protests can gather momentum. Personally I think, given all the recent developments, that the whole thing will turn into a damp squib.

As a matter of interest smudger, you appear to have several supporters on this board, but I haven''t heard many promising their support on the day. Maybe it''s worth starting your own thread asking for the people who will be standing besides you to show their hand. At the very least you will find out who your real friends are !!