Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Which id**t agreed to 2 matches in 48 hours

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="canari francais"]

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="canari francais"]Utter twaddle.Professional footballers (is that what we have at CR these days?) should be capable of playing twice in 3 days from time to time.Get real.[/quote]

You obviously don''t know much about the physiological aspects of sport do you. It doesn''t matter how much you get paid or how fit you are even the best athletes on this planet will struggle with only 48h between games. The same applies for most similar sports like rugby. These players are not super human and the physical exertion will take it''s toll, this will be detrimental to their performance.

[/quote]

You obviously do not read posts Marty.

I did qualify my comment by saying "from time to time".I''d agree if they were doing it week in,day in day out.But once in a while makes not a ha''puth of difference.Like the other guy said,Barnsley and Blackpool did OK last night.

[/quote]

So, on that basis, a marathon runner should be able to run one race straight after another?

- As long as he only does it "occasionally".

[/quote]

didn''t that bloke do 7 in ten days in different continents, sir ralph finnes or summit.

Steve Burns wrote:

When the Ipswich game was moved to a Sunday at the start of the season, it was assumed that the Watford game (which was scheduled for tonight) would be moved back to the Wednesday. Perhaps Watford did not agree to this, which would have course given them the advantage of having an extra days rest.

cityangel wrote

According to canary call Watford were happy to put the game back to Wed night but we didnt want to move it.

Thanks for that CA. I must admit to being rather surprised we took that line .

quote Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox "if the game was moved back to wed then we would have a day less to prepair for plymouth, people would then moan about that. rather have the extra day to get ready for plymouth"

absolute twaddle

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]if the game was moved back to wed then we would have a day less to prepair for plymouth, people would then moan about that. rather have the extra day to get ready for plymouth.[/quote]

Sunday - Ipswich

Monday -  Free

Tuesday - Watford

Wednesday - Free

Thursday - Free

Friday - Free

Saturday - Plymouth

OK, now decide whether you want the Watford game on the Tuesday or Wednesday...  Maybe someone should have drawn a diagram for prize plums Duffy and Grant.  [+o(]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]if the game was moved back to wed then we would have a day less to prepair for plymouth, people would then moan about that. rather have the extra day to get ready for plymouth.[/quote]

Sunday - Ipswich

Monday -  Free

Tuesday - Watford

Wednesday - Free

Thursday - Free

Friday - Free

Saturday - Plymouth[/quote]Bearing in mind that 1 and 2 are home games and 3 is away, with a long journey, I don''t think it was an easy choice at all.

I think the match should''ve been played at the same time, but on Saturday...only problem is Arsenal-Man U game was on, and Sky want both games, it is therefore very possible to blame them for the fixture gaffe. Whats the difference between a sunday or saturday?

It was Peter Grant who requested that the fixture remained on the Tuesday. Soon after the Ipswich fixture was moved to a Sunday, I called the club to check whether the Watford game would be moved to a Wednesday as we were scheduled to be playing only 48 hours after. 

The reason I called – I was about to book a train ticket from London and send a mail to the Capital Canaries membership to confirm the date of the game, and had already received enquires as to when the game would be played. I wanted to be sure we were buying train tickets for the correct day.

I spoke to Kevin Platt who stated that it was Peter Grant that wanted the game to stay on the Tuesday night. From my recall on the conversation, and it was a while ago, we could have moved the game to a Wednesday, being the home team, but I am not sure whether this would have required the consent of both teams. As CJF mentioned this was due to the Plymouth away fixture on Saturday. Kevin did mention that the only chance that the game could have been moved to a Wednesday would have been at the request of Sky TV, but as Champions League matches were already scheduled for coverage, this was possible, but highly unlikely.

Hope this explains.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Sunday - Ipswich

Monday -  Free

Tuesday - Watford

Wednesday - Free

Thursday - Free

Friday - Free

Saturday - Plymouth[/quote]Bearing in mind that 1 and 2 are home games and 3 is away, with a long journey, I don''t think it was an easy choice at all.

[/quote]

I think it was an easy choice - and I think Peter Grant f***ed it up as usual.  Hire a bloody plane if its that much hassle....

I will however add the problem is caused the the appalling thick Norfolk Police force in the first place demanding a sunday game....  On that subject someone was led away for doing a W@nker symbol yesterday.  Pathetic from the police as usual.

Seems to me that the Carrow Road spin merchants are on this thread practising damage limitation.

It would be better if an official statement be made, methinks.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Seems to me that the Carrow Road spin merchants are on this thread practising damage limitation.

It would be better if an official statement be made, methinks.

OTBC

[/quote]

Get over it! we lost against the team top of the league, do you really think the extra 24 hours would have changed that? lets get ready for an away match at a team with problems.

Sorry Blah, but to be honest I don''t think it would''ve mattered too much if it was moved to tonight. Watford are physically stronger, more solid, better organised and more clinical than what we are - simple as.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Sunday - Ipswich

Monday -  Free

Tuesday - Watford

Wednesday - Free

Thursday - Free

Friday - Free

[/quote]

I think it was an easy choice - and I think Peter Grant f***ed it up as usual.[/quote]Yes, I remember you saying that at the time.....

As roeder said - two games in just over 2 days is not a problem - reading between the lines he is blaming the players attitudes...

From "Royal Anglian all the way"

is it right to play 90mins of football on a sunday, have a day training, prabablky no more then 8 hours, then play 90 mins on tuesday, is this to much, i think not, these people are supposed to be athletes, professional sports players,

when i did my basic training for the army, we were expected to be up at 0600 for reville then do our days training working constantly until we retired at 2200, several times we would have to do route marchs, attack excercises and physical training for days on end, didnt do me any harm, do any of you watch the commando programme on ITV, the marines do a 6 mile endurance course, and have to complete in 75 mins, then its onto a 9 miloe route march next day which hsa to be completed i n 90mins and then the next day they hav to do a assault obstacle course which has to be done in 13mins, all whilst dojng the rest of there training aswell, these people have the same stamina as a athlete yet seem to do more then most footballers, if they cant handle playing 2 games in 48 hrs, 90mins work with no more then 8 hrs training then theres somethijng wrong after they get paid enough they should be able to cope.

i myself am constantly down the gym teaching and taking fitness tests and yet i certainly dont tire after playing rugby one day then football the next whilst doing mile and half runs everyday, and what do i get paid for doing this ure basic pay for a SERGEANT, i earn in one year what hux and the rest of these prima donnas earn in a week, so if they dont like playing more thn twice in a 48hrs then they no what they can do, shove off and we can find a team of players fit enough to play, you dont see alot of the prem players complaining when they have a uefa match then 48 hrs later a fa cup match  then 48 hrs after that a international match, so grow up and stop using the oh they played to many games in a close time period as a excuse, they simple arent good enough, show more guts and determination and they could be, afterall they can play well when they want to so they ned tp prove they are worthy of the fans support by bucking there ideas up, if they spent more time playing football then out spending there high over priced wages and saying to the papers about how much defeats really hurt, because if they hurt so much then do something about it instead of whinging, only they can change there position in the table,

peoples opinions please

Dear Citizen Journalist Foghorn, you haven''t a clue how the police operate so keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself,appalling? thick? pathetic?  If only you knew mate, if only you knew.Bet you call them if ever you need them though.....I think Sky TV asked for the Sunday ko, NCFC then took the $$$''s for the live transmision....you numpty

the only people to blame are those at Norwich City Football club as they refused to put it back after Watford said they were happy too!! More great decision making from this sorry excuse of a board and previous management team!!!

The key word in the story on the Wolves site is automatically (presuming the story is correct!)So was it changed back to Tuesday (presumably ITFC would also have to agree to this) or was this just overlooked (by clubs and the league)?(I still think Wolves would have won, but maybe just by one goal... and Wolves would still have an extra day)From the Wolves site -[quote]Fixture ChangePosted on: Tue 07 Aug 2007Wolves'' game at Cardiff has been put back 24 hours from Tuesday October 23 to Wednesday October 24 (KO 7.45pm).This is in line with a new policy for the 2007/08 season, agreed yesterday between Championship clubs, which automatically moves games to a Wednesday evening if one of the competing teams has played on the previous Sunday. Cardiff have a scheduled TV game at Southampton prior to the Wolves fixture.The new ruling will only apply if clubs are able to give a minimum of 28 days notice of the change. Therefore, in the event of, for example, an FA Cup match being selected for TV on a Sunday, the short notice period means the rule will not apply and clubs will be have to both agree to a 24 hour postponement.This has previously been the policy for all requests to change midweek games from Tuesday to Wednesday, and often led to claims that the team that played their weekend game on Saturday would have the advantage of an extra day to recover.

[/quote]

[quote user="Gingembre"]Dear Citizen Journalist Foghorn, you haven''t a clue how the police operate so keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself,
appalling? thick? pathetic?  If only you knew mate, if only you knew.

Bet you call them if ever you need them though...

..I think Sky TV asked for the Sunday ko, NCFC then took the $$$''s for the live transmision....you numpty
[/quote]

Yeah, yeah...  when was the last Derby game not at a stupid time MATE.

As for coppers, I have known 3 friends go into the police force, two who wanted to make a difference, the other was a typical ''short bloke syndrome'' type.    Only one is still in the police, I''ll let you guess which one.

And YES, a guy was called over by an idiot policeman  for doing a w*nker symbol.  This idiot copper was looking to make trouble as we had spotted him earlier doing someone for swearing.  Wonderful policing by the pigs.....

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]The key word in the story on the Wolves site is automatically (presuming the story is correct!)So was it changed back to Tuesday (presumably ITFC would also have to agree to this) or was this just overlooked (by clubs and the league)?(I still think Wolves would have won, but maybe just by one goal... and Wolves would still have an extra day)From the Wolves site -[quote]Fixture ChangePosted on: Tue 07 Aug 2007Wolves'' game at Cardiff has been put back 24 hours from Tuesday October 23 to Wednesday October 24 (KO 7.45pm).This is in line with a new policy for the 2007/08 season, agreed yesterday between Championship clubs, which automatically moves games to a Wednesday evening if one of the competing teams has played on the previous Sunday. Cardiff have a scheduled TV game at Southampton prior to the Wolves fixture.The new ruling will only apply if clubs are able to give a minimum of 28 days notice of the change. Therefore, in the event of, for example, an FA Cup match being selected for TV on a Sunday, the short notice period means the rule will not apply and clubs will be have to both agree to a 24 hour postponement.This has previously been the policy for all requests to change midweek games from Tuesday to Wednesday, and often led to claims that the team that played their weekend game on Saturday would have the advantage of an extra day to recover.

[/quote][/quote]

Update - the new policy was agreed over a month after the derby date changes were announced.Evening News, June 23, 2007 -[quote]Norwich City’s Championship matches against Ipswich Town next season have been moved to Sunday lunchtimes once again.The home match with the Suffolk side will now kick off at noon on Sunday, November 4. The game at Portman Road has also been moved, to Sunday, April 13, with a noon kick-off.These changes are as a result of police requestsCity fans planning to travel to Norwich’s away game at Cardiff on Saturday, February 9 also face an early start after the game was moved to a noon kick-off time. The Six Nations rugby fixture between Wales and Scotland is being played in Cardiff on the same day, with police requesting City’s Championship game be moved forward three hours to avoid a clash.[/quote]

So, my original question remins even more valid.

Which idiot agreed to 2 matches in 24 hours?

The view of a couple of you that it may not have made any difference in this particular case is obviously beside the essential point.

The wisest thing to have been done would have been to play Watford on Wednesday and fly the squad down to Plymouth for the Saturday match. Or did the suits question the cost of this option at the expense of the footballing logic?

The claim that Glenn said he didn''t think it made any difference is really neither here nor there in the circumstances. He obviously doesn''t want to give anyone any semblance of excuse for the performance.

As for those army PE type wallers - get real. Watford didn''t play on Sunday. Simple.

The club should make a statement acknowledging the error and stating their future approach to such situations.

It''s way past time that our club started to control events rather than letting things slip. Isn''t that a big part of how you made your money Mr Turner - or was it that you meandered along and got lucky?

Wake up and wise up City!

OTBC

Bly is right.

The point about it not really making any difference in this particular case wasn''t relevent when the decision was made. The army stuff is even less relevent as I pointed out on the other thread.

I agree that the club should start to control events. In the summer of 2006 Nigel said we have to become proactive rather than reactive but nobody heard as he was drowned out by the ''Worthy Out'' chants.

Guess I won''t get my cheque this month now [:|]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

So, my original question remins even more valid.

Which idiot agreed to 2 matches in 24 hours?

The view of a couple of you that it may not have made any difference in this particular case is obviously beside the essential point.

The wisest thing to have been done would have been to play Watford on Wednesday and fly the squad down to Plymouth for the Saturday match. Or did the suits question the cost of this option at the expense of the footballing logic?

The claim that Glenn said he didn''t think it made any difference is really neither here nor there in the circumstances. He obviously doesn''t want to give anyone any semblance of excuse for the performance.

As for those army PE type wallers - get real. Watford didn''t play on Sunday. Simple.

The club should make a statement acknowledging the error and stating their future approach to such situations.

It''s way past time that our club started to control events rather than letting things slip. Isn''t that a big part of how you made your money Mr Turner - or was it that you meandered along and got lucky?

Wake up and wise up City!

OTBC

[/quote]your comments about watford not playing sunday are pointless, simple games logic really, liverpool scored 8 yet they play a lot more games thn besiktas do in a season does this mean that besiktas were fitter and stronger cos thy hace more days off between games no, pure logic would dictate that i was simple skill that won watford the game not because they had a extra day between games, ure arguement will go round in a circle as no matter which day it was played on watford wouldve still had a extra day, it is simpleTHE REASON WATFORD WON WAS NOT COS OF THE EXTRA DAY BUT BECAUSE NORWICH SIMPLY ARENT GOOD ENOUGHNO EXCUSES WILL CHANGE THAT FACT