Sign in to follow this  
Vern

Shola Ameobi On His Way!!!

I heard a few people discussing this in the Gunn Club tonight. Coming on loan Thursday/Friday.

Sure you will all slate me for starting "rumours" but just trying to keep you up to date with the goss from the terraces.

I heard this being discussed by a couple of people in the bar in the lower barclay... hope its true!

[quote user="Vern "]

I heard a few people discussing this in the Gunn Club tonight. Coming on loan Thursday/Friday.

Sure you will all slate me for starting "rumours" but just trying to keep you up to date with the goss from the terraces.

[/quote]

Bloody  need him, it would be great

I just hope we can send JH backsoon, it was only a 1 month loan wasnt it?  Watford showed us last night what we are missing, a quality striker who is good in the air, excellent finisher and excellent team player (Marlon King).

We have become the joke of this league when we signed Hartson and he must be sent back.  Anyone who thinks he is any good has sadly lowered their expectations to an unacceptable level.  We have become so used to seeing sh1t players that we now somehow think they are actually ok for us.....Doherty, Murray, Harton, Shackell, Lappin (got taught a lesson on how to be a full back last night), Otsemebor and many more.  Its sad to say but these players just are not good enough and not consistent enough.  Yes they do can do a job but its NOT GOOD ENOUGH and until we start to realise this we will never go anywhere in this league, except down.

I have also heard ths rumour.

[quote user="Vern "]

[/quote]

[quote user="Duffman"]

I just hope we can send JH backsoon, it was only a 1 month loan wasnt it?  Watford showed us last night what we are missing, a quality striker who is good in the air, excellent finisher and excellent team player (Marlon King).

[/quote]

sorry mate Fat boys on a 3 month loan.. but that doesn''t mean we cant end it early

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Duffman"]

[/quote]

sorry mate Fat boys on a 3 month loan.. but that doesn''t mean we cant end it early

[/quote]

Doh!

[quote]sorry mate Fat boys on a 3 month loan.. but that doesn''t mean we cant end it early[/quote]Whatchootalkin''bout, Willis ?Auntie Beeb says...[quote]Former Wales international pie-eater John Hartson has joined Championship side Norwich City on a month''s loan.[/quote]

[quote user="Duffman"]All those in favour of cancelling say ''aye''[/quote]

Was that.....Pie?

I read today we''re also interested in a hibs left back David Murphy, dunno how truthful the rumour is, and Hibs are hardly in a worse position than us but....

http://www.fansfc.com/norwichfootballclub/news.asp?newsid=175583

And i think Ameobi coming here would be excellent, he is not the best finisher, not rapid, but he is a very talented and still young player, coming to Norwich for a while bagging a few goals and really impressing is what he needs to do, if he is going to push his way ahead of Viduka, Martins, Owen and Smith. Would be the biggest coup since Deano.

no hartson is what we need, he does win headers, no one else bothers, and he didnt get a shot so try thinking about what you are saying

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Duffman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was reported in the local media that Hartson is on a one months loan.

Glenn Roeder has done nothing to make me doubt this rumour. He is after a young premiership striker and with his Newcastle connections....who knows??

From the official site:[QUOTE]Roeder would not be drawn on the reasons for Hartson''s stay being

cut short, but he did reveal he was looking to fill the gap with a

striker of proven Premiership quality - something he had come

desperately close to doing on Wednesday.

"We''ve been looking at that position," he added. "We came very close

yesterday. I know that ''close'' is no good, but we came very close to

getting a striker that would have made people sit-up and take notice -

that we would hopefully bringing some players to the club that the fans

would recognise and say ''we wouldn''t have normally expected to get a

player like that on loan''.

"I still think we might be able to get this player, but not just yet. It may be three or four week''s time. But we need one now."

When asked if the player was currently playing in the top-flight, he

replied: "Oh, very much so. Very much so. He''s got a record of a goal

every three games in the Premiership and he''s still young."[/QUOTE]

Could well be Ameobi, but that goalscoring makes me wonder as Wiki says he has 28 in 166...

[quote user="O.J."]From the official site:

[QUOTE]Roeder would not be drawn on the reasons for Hartson''s stay being cut short, but he did reveal he was looking to fill the gap with a striker of proven Premiership quality - something he had come desperately close to doing on Wednesday.

"We''ve been looking at that position," he added. "We came very close yesterday. I know that ''close'' is no good, but we came very close to getting a striker that would have made people sit-up and take notice - that we would hopefully bringing some players to the club that the fans would recognise and say ''we wouldn''t have normally expected to get a player like that on loan''.

"I still think we might be able to get this player, but not just yet. It may be three or four week''s time. But we need one now."

When asked if the player was currently playing in the top-flight, he replied: "Oh, very much so. Very much so. He''s got a record of a goal every three games in the Premiership and he''s still young."[/QUOTE]

Could well be Ameobi, but that goalscoring makes me wonder as Wiki says he has 28 in 166...

[/quote]

Interestingly, if you take a look at the current Newcastle squad (which is where you have to assume is the source of this magic player), there is only one striker that is young, and has that exact goal ratio.

Obafemi Martins - 23 years old 15 goals from 44 games.

Surely I''m just reading too much into that quote. Stop dreaming man!

Would be nice though......

28 goals in 94 premiership starts however. Which is a goal every 3.36 premiership starts. Have Newcastle got any strikers out at the moment though?

[quote user="O.J."]From the official site:

[QUOTE]Roeder would not be drawn on the reasons for Hartson''s stay being cut short, but he did reveal he was looking to fill the gap with a striker of proven Premiership quality - something he had come desperately close to doing on Wednesday.

"We''ve been looking at that position," he added. "We came very close yesterday. I know that ''close'' is no good, but we came very close to getting a striker that would have made people sit-up and take notice - that we would hopefully bringing some players to the club that the fans would recognise and say ''we wouldn''t have normally expected to get a player like that on loan''.

When asked if the player was currently playing in the top-flight, he replied: "Oh, very much so. Very much so. He''s got a record of a goal every three games in the Premiership and he''s still young."[/QUOTE]

[/quote]

Interestingly, if you take a look at the current Newcastle squad (which you have to assume is the source of this magic player), there is only one striker that is young, and has that exact goal ratio.

Obafemi Martins - 23 years old 15 goals from 44 games.

Surely I''m just reading too much into that quote. Stop dreaming man!

Would be nice though......

Please everyone dont be disappointed when its not Oba though! Please remember that he was first choice at Inter Milan not too long ago, but if you want something to hang on to then look at the fact that although being an awesome striker (see his overhead kick against Bolton for proof) is almost never in the starting line up so perhaps Sam doesnt rate him.