Sign in to follow this  
Positive & Proud Canary

Are Norwich City the new branch of the secret service?

Whats gone wrong with the club letting us, (the people who pay the bills) know whats going on? I understand and accept the Colney situation, but what has angered me is (as I posted on here yesterday) the Fozzy injury news. The Daily has goneRecord first thing yesterday morning carried an article saying Fozzies injury was torn ligaments and he would be out until December , the paper is published 400 miles up the road, how did they get the story before us?. It took the club until 2.00pm to release a club SMS saying it was a serious injury and that he would be out for ''sometime''. The open door and free information we the fans used to get, seems to have gone under Grants regime. We all have voiced our concerns about a lack of defensive cover for weeks now, the club must know our concerns why is nobody saying that the situation is recieving the upmost attention they owe it to us to be more open.

So let me get this straight. You expect the club to release a statement saying "We have taken into consideration the wise words of the PinkUn posters with regard to the need for defensive cover and can ensure these wise sages that the matter is receiving our upmost attention".

Get real, do you not think they might have more important thing to do with their time? I think you seriously overestimate the importance of what''s written on here. Or do you think that the club should address any concerns raised by a group of approx. 200 people on an internet forum?

With regards to Fozzy''s injury, the story probably got leaked to The Daily Record. It might have been a friend, a family member or somebody employed by the club. These things happen all of the time, I really wouldn''t get too concerned about it if I were you.

[quote user="harleston1933"]they owe it to us to be more open.[/quote]

What? and alert every other club as well, come back into the real world matey.

[quote user="harleston1933"]Whats gone wrong with the club letting us, (the people who pay the bills) know whats going on? I understand and accept the Colney situation, but what has angered me is (as I posted on here yesterday) the Fozzy injury news. The Daily has goneRecord first thing yesterday morning carried an article saying Fozzies injury was torn ligaments and he would be out until December , the paper is published 400 miles up the road, how did they get the story before us?. It took the club until 2.00pm to release a club SMS saying it was a serious injury and that he would be out for ''sometime''. The open door and free information we the fans used to get, seems to have gone under Grants regime. We all have voiced our concerns about a lack of defensive cover for weeks now, the club must know our concerns why is nobody saying that the situation is recieving the upmost attention they owe it to us to be more open.[/quote]

I''m afraid they owe you nothing - you are merely a paying customer; if you don''t like the service you are getting for your money, you are quite welcome to take your business elsewhere.  Do McDonald''s, for instance, let you know what new menu developments they are working on?

I understand the Colney situation too but would rather hear good and bad news from the club first rather than a Scottish newspapers.

Thats twice they''ve had a story about our club before the pink un and our official website.

Plus the club are being cagey about how long he''s out for??

Shack Attack, well that was a very harsh attack on my posting (do you work for NCFC press office) You  misunderstood what I meant by us, I mean the Norwich supporters, not the 200 posters on here, the club has its own website, the Pink''un, The Edp, Radio Norfolk, and Radio Broadland etc to keep the fans informed, I do not expect to be informed of important issues about the club from a newspaper from Scotland (not for the first time). As for the issue of signings yes people of importance at the club do read the message boards I know this as a fact, WOTB is read by ........ 

harleston1933, can you name me a single other professional football club in the country that operates with the transparency you demand?

Blimey, they''re are scrabbling around to find a stick to beat the club with. What is as much ridiculous as it is pompous is thev view that because the fans think there''s something amiss with the defence the club has to respiond to that by buying players and informing the malcontents of that intention.I wonder why it is that so many on here wish us to run NCFC like the paupers down the road."I say you chaps, we''re a bit short of the old readies what, would you like to buy one of the player chappies "Whilst we atre on Records then for the record us the customers don''t contribute as much as you think we do. And without that leak maybe Grant could have kept Hull guessing as to our team for saturday. But then if you haven''t got the best interests of the club at heart who cares.

The purple flamingo flies south tonight.  Prepare the picnic hamper.Repeat - The purple flamingo flies south tonight.  Prepare the picnic hamper.Over and out.

Well if we get beat by Hull we will put it down to the Daily Record leaking the Fozzy injury shall we , back in the real world i doubt Hull give a monkees if Fozzy is playing or not .

[quote user="harleston1933"]Shack Attack, well that was a very harsh attack on my posting (do you work for NCFC press office) You  misunderstood what I meant by us, I mean the Norwich supporters, not the 200 posters on here, the club has its own website, the Pink''un, The Edp, Radio Norfolk, and Radio Broadland etc to keep the fans informed, I do not expect to be informed of important issues about the club from a newspaper from Scotland (not for the first time). As for the issue of signings yes people of importance at the club do read the message boards I know this as a fact, WOTB is read by ........ [/quote]

I still think you''re being a little unreasonable.

I agree that we shouldn''t be getting news on Fozzy''s injury from The Daily Record, but these things get leaked sometimes. How do you think most of the transfer gossip we get ends up in the newspapers? Where we differ in opinion is that I don''t think that it''s part of some plan by the club to keep us all in the dark, but then I''m not that paranoid!

I wouldn''t be at all surprised if the club kept tabs on sites like this and WOTB, but I seriously doubt that they base any of their decisions solely on what they read here. You seemed to be expecting confirmation from the club that they were looking for defensive cover, just because people on various message boards believe that is necessary. Why should they do this?

Harleston 1933 - I do not expect the club to let me know the ins and outs of what is happening at the club, however I doubt very much that the injury to Fozzy is top secret and I was surprised the news broke in a Scottish newspaper. People who are having a go at you are really missing the point, clearly somebody at the club has spoken to a reporter so if the information was that sensitive why did they blab and why did they blab to the Daily Record?

[quote]People who are having a go at you are really missing the point, clearly

somebody at the club has spoken to a reporter so if the information was

that sensitive why did they blab and why did they blab to the Daily

Record? [/quote]It seems that we''re rapidly becoming the Records'' favourite English team, I''ve seen interviews with Marshall and gallagher in the past, I guess Fotheringham being on the fringes of the Scotland squad makes it a story there.  Grant is also being followed quite closely due to his Celtic ties.  As for who blabbed, if ever a question is unlikely to be answered it''s that one.  Maybe the story was released in order to persuade a certain midfielder from Rangers that he was needed here ?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="harleston1933"]they owe it to us to be more open.[/quote]

What? and alert every other club as well, come back into the real world matey.

[/quote]alert to what? we''ve sold everything worth alerting in this club!  (land , players etc......)

[quote user="ncfc1"]Well if we get beat by Hull we will put it down to the Daily Record leaking the Fozzy injury shall we , back in the real world i doubt Hull give a monkees if Fozzy is playing or not .[/quote]

Hey, hey you''d have to be a daydream believer to think that!  Personally I wanna be free from this kind of speculation, and just carry on to the next plesent valley sunday when I will see if NCFC made use of this steppin'' stone to success or whether we are goin'' down,  I''m a believer that we won''t be.

If the Daily record is getting the story first then its obviously either a scotish player, scotish management or someone who has played in scotland.

That narrows it down to............................................ just about everyone!

[quote]

If the Daily record is getting the story first then its obviously

either a scotish player, scotish management or someone who has played

in scotland.

That narrows it down to............................................ just about everyone![/quote]

Contrary to popular belief, the Daily Record will take stories from Sassenachs.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]The purple flamingo flies south tonight.  Prepare the picnic hamper.Repeat - The purple flamingo flies south tonight.  Prepare the picnic hamper.Over and out.[/quote]I do enjoy this forum, it does make me chuckle, now where did I put my picnic hamper?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]The purple flamingo flies south tonight.  Prepare the picnic hamper.

Repeat - The purple flamingo flies south tonight.  Prepare the picnic hamper.

Over and out.
[/quote]

LMAO!!!

[quote user="harleston1933"]Whats gone wrong with the club letting us, (the people who pay the bills) know whats going on? I understand and accept the Colney situation, but what has angered me is (as I posted on here yesterday) the Fozzy injury news. The Daily has goneRecord first thing yesterday morning carried an article saying Fozzies injury was torn ligaments and he would be out until December , the paper is published 400 miles up the road, how did they get the story before us?. It took the club until 2.00pm to release a club SMS saying it was a serious injury and that he would be out for ''sometime''. The open door and free information we the fans used to get, seems to have gone under Grants regime. We all have voiced our concerns about a lack of defensive cover for weeks now, the club must know our concerns why is nobody saying that the situation is recieving the upmost attention they owe it to us to be more open.[/quote]

The information on Fotheringham was sold by a relative to the Scottish Daily Record.  If you, too, want inside info just let it be known that you are prepared to pay good money for it, provide a phone number  and then people will start ringing YOU with it.

Every day I do a great deal of work for the Mirror (their parent company) and if they didn''t pay for it, albeit two months in arrears, I wouldn''t bother.

The Fotheringham tip is about £100 quids worth (a rough estimate by me) if that gives you guidance.

You, too, can have "inside info".  It''s a simple system but it works.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

The information on Fotheringham was sold by a relative to the Scottish Daily Record.  If you, too, want inside info just let it be known that you are prepared to pay good money for it, provide a phone number  and then people will start ringing YOU with it.

Every day I do a great deal of work for the Mirror (their parent company) and if they didn''t pay for it, albeit two months in arrears, I wouldn''t bother.

The Fotheringham tip is about £100 quids worth (a rough estimate by me) if that gives you guidance.

[/quote]

So Camul, how much do you reckon our clan could make on the side yearly?

Before you posted, I was about to post a remark that evidently the Daily Record pays better than the competition.

OTBC

blahblahblah communicated

The purple flamingo flies south tonight.  Prepare the picnic hamper.

Over and out.

''Allo Blah, Allo Blah, theez eez shy talk, I repeat theez eez shy talk.....the fallen Maradonna wiz ze beeg boobies eez ordering  a forum pizza weez Carl Cort, I repeat.....the fallen Maradonna wiz ze beeg boobies eez ordering a forum pizza weez Carl Cort, over!''

[quote]Allo Blah, Allo Blah, theez eez shy talk, I repeat theez eez shy

talk.....the fallen Maradonna wiz ze beeg boobies eez ordering  a forum

pizza weez Carl Cort, I repeat.....the fallen Maradonna wiz ze beeg

boobies eez ordering a forum pizza weez Carl Cort, over![/quote]Shy talk, that''s no way to talk about Mr Grant, over.  Is Mr Cort ordering the Ham and Pineapple ?  And does he want black pepper, or parmesan ?Over and Out.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Does it make any difference if the information is true or not, do you still get paid?  Just thought I''d ask . . .[;)]

''Listen very carefully Blah, the gendarme will say this only wernse.''

''Meester Kurt as iving block peeper on a moat treet potza.''

Over.................

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

blahblahblah communicated

The purple flamingo flies south tonight.  Prepare the picnic hamper.

Over and out.

''Allo Blah, Allo Blah, theez eez shy talk, I repeat theez eez shy talk.....the fallen Maradonna wiz ze beeg boobies eez ordering  a forum pizza weez Carl Cort, I repeat.....the fallen Maradonna wiz ze beeg boobies eez ordering a forum pizza weez Carl Cort, over!''

[/quote]

"Good Moening , I ave just ad a bad encounter with a big buum it was filled with a firery licwid " .Incendiary ? " you right i insend for the fire brigade right away i dont want that lot over me" Cumfys mum has loose dentures repeat Cumfys mum has loose dentures .[:O] .arrdee

[quote]

''Listen very carefully Blah, the gendarme will say this only wernse.''

''Meester Kurt as iving block peeper on a moat treet potza.''

Over.................[/quote]

I used to have this recurring nightmare that I was trapped in Occupied France with people with dodgy accents.  Then I''d realise that I''d dozed off in front of UK Gold.  That show lasted longer than the second world war.

Camuldonum - Thanks for that tit bit of information. Given that much was made of "citizen journalism" with fans being banned from some training sessions, maybe the club should consider issuing gagging orders for the family and relatives of players (or maybe the players should pay theire relatives more than the newspapers to keep quiet!!)

Hope you have forgiven my mum for AD 60/61, although your lot did ask for it because, and I quote from history here -  "they looked at me funny so I done them"[:D]

Blah x 3 - "The wombats fly south in winter", I repeat, "The wombats fly south in winter"......"Over and Out"