Sign in to follow this  
Rustyboy

Hucks next to leave??

I have just heard on the radio that Doncaster intends having a word with Darren about his outburst.

That should do it, Huckerby hands in a transfer request!

What is going on? No unity at the club, fans disagreeing with each other again.

I think for the first time in a long time all of the fans are agreeing with each other about the board being a joke

If that''s the case, maybe Doomcaster can also have a word with the ever expanding number of angry disgruntled loyal supporters who are watching a beloved club fall apart. In fact - message to Doomcaster... why don''t you set up Q and A session and invite long serving members of the pink''un to attend?

If Huckerby is allowed to leave over this I will stand side by side with smudger and cluck and demand this boards resignation.  How about coming out in support of Huckerby and telling the fans what is really going on.  Who might be leaving, who has bids in for who, who are we interested in.  No need to talk figures and progress levels just straight forward upfront honesty. 

If Hucks left i think it would be the final nail in the boards coffin, not even the most positive fan would sit around and take that i think it would start a mass protest bigger than the Worthy ones

[quote user="Rustyboy"]

I have just heard on the radio that Doncaster intends having a word with Darren about his outburst.

[/quote]

Whats Doomcasters email address - I''ll drop him a line & tell him to keep his gob shut.

CRS

Huckerby broke  agolden rule - you don''t criticise your employers in public.  I wouldn''t and, frankly would expect to be fired if I did.  I''m sure Hucks will accept that in retrospect.

He''s is probably just annoyed that none of the bigger and richer clubs have shown the slightest interest in him.  He stays here because he''s on a cushy number.

Sorry Carra, gotta disagree big time. How can u say Hucks is on a cushy number when he has basically carried this team since he has been here. Everytime he gets the ball the sense of anticipation around FCR is second to none. I am an employee and if i think my company are making poor business decisions i will speak up and hopefully my views will be respected, this is all Hucks has done and hopefully some positive action will happen as a result.

[quote user="Rustyboy"]

[/quote]Infact i think for the only time in recorded history that all the pinkun posters are angry with the club. So reasons to be cheerful! [B]

[quote]I am an employee and if i think my company are making poor business

decisions i will speak up and hopefully my views will be respected,[/quote]Aah the idealism of youth.Old people don''t like to be made fools of.  go figure.

yes, you can speak up if you think your company is making bad decisions (though I find it hard to work out what these bad decisions actually are) but NOT IN PUBLIC.

When I say he is on cushy number here I simply mean he is considered by some to be above criticism.  He knows he has had his last chance to hack it at a big club and he is better off finishing his career as a loval folk hero here.

if Doomcaster has a word with hucks then i will have 2 words for doomcaster next time i see him on Carrow Bridge! and they wont be polite!

jas :)

Hucks is only cheesed off because Dickson is his big mate i did''nt here to much of hucks moaning when Earnie left or when Safs was reported as leaving for WBA .He will get over it as we all will in time, it was just a heat of the moment comment blown out of all proportion with plenty of drama queens on this board latching on to this incident.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]I am an employee and if i think my company are making poor business

decisions i will speak up and hopefully my views will be respected,[/quote]Aah the idealism of youth.Old people don''t like to be made fools of.  go figure.[/quote]Ha ha ha ha ha And who are you to judge a business decision.Very funny. I predict you will enjoy many (short) careers....  ha ha ha ha pricelessShut it Huckerby. If you cant shut it for £12k a week move on (being polite)

i agree and also disagree with alot of your posts firstly etuhu never showed up to any of the games last season and 1.5 million is a great price for someone that most games couldnt cut it .I was not as happy about the clause in earnies contract though thats all been done and dusted .I for one will be protesting outside carrow road with smudger if we dont bring in at least another 5 players our squad is thinner than last seasons  and if i dont see any of the money being spent i agree that is cause for concern.

Sorry Blahblah but i''m no kid, guess u must work for a large company where free speech is frowned upon. You turn up, get the pay cheque, go home - sorry but this ain''t 4 me, if you can''t speak your mind in a sensible and rational way then it is time to move on and make a difference elsewhere, and maybe that is just what Hucks will do if appropriate signings aren''t made.

Maybe, just maybe Hucks has aired his views to Granty and couldn''t get an audience with Delia so got his message to her via a different medium.

Would u want Hucks as a loyal folk hero at FCR or would you prefer it if he buggered off to WBA, Sheff Utd, Wigan or similar, i''m sure they would all happily take him, but no in your opinion his loyalty is because he is over the hill and just taking the money.

I think his comments in the press prove that he is still ambitious and ambitious for NCFC to do well and maybe that is because he does give a damn about this club!!!!

Hey if we got 1 million for hucks it would be good business,he''s no spring chicken is he.Come on mr doomcaster have a word with him,unsettle him then ,let him talk to other teams then blame everyone in the world for him leaving except the club

There''s something very similar in the news recently, employee''s being fired because they bad mouthed their employeers on Blogs, I see no difference here and Hucks should get a warning. I know some people won''t like it because they "idolise" the "god" Huckerby, which is never a good thing, no player should ever be above the club.

Hucks aint above the club, he knows that, however the reason many people, myself included, side with him is beacuse he genuinly wants whats best for the club and just as we had a squad that was starting to take shape we then go sell one of our better players (on his day he was anyway). Hucks is wanting, like all of us, to have a crack at promotion and letting Etuhu go isn''t going to help that.

we now MUST get a replacement aswell still needing to sign a new CB.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]I am an employee and if i think my company are making poor business decisions i will speak up and hopefully my views will be respected,[/quote]

Aah the idealism of youth.

Old people don''t like to be made fools of.  go figure.
[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha ha

And who are you to judge a business decision.

Very funny. I predict you will enjoy many (short) careers.... 

ha ha ha ha priceless

Shut it Huckerby. If you cant shut it for £12k a week move on (being polite)
[/quote]

anglian Windows and the post office Staff judge Business decisions....

Hucks is speaking out because he cares.. u might go to work and be told something by the manager and do it.. then go home and whinge to whoever it is you go home too because "the company did this today and its not fair".. and what do u do.. u go into work the next day, do the same thing again.. and probably do it until another change is made then whinge again.

Employees have more pwoer than any employer, if a whole staff decided not do do something what could the company do? Sack them.. yes.. but then u have to get new staff.. put an advert in the paper, interview this staff, hire them, then wait for them to work their noitce, then u have to train them to do the job, use the different computer system... how long odes all this take? weeks.. possibly months.

in the mean time the company dies on its arse. can u see the managing director sitting behind the reception desk, talking on the phone, being told what for by a customer, and cleaning the bog? no... he wouldnt know where to start! u could challenge a business decision tommorow and get it changed like that if enough people lent their voice to it.. union or not.

youve been harsh on blahX3

jas :)

I would very much hope that Mr. Doncaster does have a word with Hux. In my experience most managers in that position would try to molify his employee - in this case point out that the transfer window has a long way to run, Etuhu had a release clause etc. etc.- while perhaps asking him, very politely, to think about the consequences to the club, especially the effect on team spirit, of his remarks, in particular because of the unique respect he commands amongst players & fans.

As I posted elsewhere, what would Brian Clough have said?

And would he have been right???

Jas, I was a professional footballer for 10 years and have been self employed (in the football world) ever since.I know my game. Hucks should shut up or move on. He''s paid a lot of money to kiss our badge..........

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"]Jas,

I was a professional footballer for 10 years and have been self employed (in the football world) ever since.

I know my game.

Hucks should shut up or move on. He''s paid a lot of money to kiss our badge..........
[/quote]

then try talking sense, why should Hucks not say what all the fans are thinking, just cause he gets good money does not mean he should lack ambition.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

I was a professional footballer for 10 years and have been self employed (in the football world) ever since.

I know my game.

Hucks should shut up or move on. He''s paid a lot of money to kiss our badge..........
[/quote]

then try talking sense, why should Hucks not say what all the fans are thinking, just cause he gets good money does not mean he should lack ambition.

[/quote]

Sorry but you can''t speak for all the fans, I do believe they have their own viewpoints and mouths with which to air those viewpoints [;)]

[quote user="Rustyboy"]

[/quote]

All I can say is if Doncaster is stupid enough to upset Hucks anymore and he were to go, then Doncaster wouldn''t be too far behind him.  Everyone reaches that moment when they say enough is enough, I honestly thought we were rebuilding a squad which had been decimated by the previous management. 

Before for me it was Martin O''Neill walking out on finding Chase out. A point of no return and time to show the board what they had done was not exactly popular with the fans.  This time Hucks calling for someone to sort the board''s transfer dealings out?  Is this to be the final nail in  the boards'' coffin (god I am sounding like Smudger!!).

Doncaster, you get rid of Hucks and you just won''t believe what fan power is! 

I apologise for the

Hucks isn''t like you and me working for a standard employer though is he. We all know that quality footballers have the power to do pretty much what they like nowadays.  I''m willing to bet anything you like that you were never good enough to be in Huck''s shoes though Mr 2nd half?

Hucks can talk to the press because he is in a very strong possition. The fans by and large idolise him, he has a good contract and can find another employer (probably one that will pay him more money) at the drop of a hat when it expires. You say he should shut up or move on. Can you imagine what would happen if he did walk out on the club citing lack of ambition? It doesn''t bear thinking about. Doncaster knows that and Huckerby knows that. You might have been professional years ago but times have moved on - get in the real world!

[quote user="MightyYellows50"][quote user="ricky knight"]

I know my game.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry but you can''t speak for all the fans, I do believe they have their own viewpoints and mouths with which to air those viewpoints [;)]

[/quote]

You can if the fans take your words and tailor them to fit their own agendas [;)][:)][:P]